Having problems with Hot Topic?

Hot Topic reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 4, 2008. The latest review Shoes was posted on Jun 24, 2021. The latest complaint disgraceful non existent online service was resolved on Nov 18, 2014. Hot Topic has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 42 reviews. Hot Topic has resolved 5 complaints.

Hot Topic Customer Service Contacts

+1 626 603 3182 (International)
18305 San Jose Avenue
City of Industry, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hot Topic Customer Service. Initial Hot Topic complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hot Topic above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hot Topic. Discuss the issues you have had with Hot Topic and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Hot Topic Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Hot Topicstay away

I just received an online order from Hot Topic .com. My daughter tried on her new earrings and within 3 hours they broke. (she's 18)I immediately e-mailed and then called HT to ask about an exchange and was told repeatedly that if the package was opened they could not offer an exchange. They broke in under 3 hours for God's sake. I just want a new pair. No talking to customer service. just like conversing with a robot.

• Bk
      BKH in Clarence Dec 17, 2011

I agree with the worsty customer service ever!!! Ordered a pair of Hello Kitty toe socks online for a gag gift. Received a Striped Horn Snood hat instead. Followed Hot Topics procedures to request a return and replacement via email. No response from customer service. They have a nifty feature on their website - "Talk to the President". Not so nifty when there is no response through this source either. I'm done with this business for life.

• Ho
      hollijandro Jan 13, 2011

I work at Hot Topic and have been for quite some time. Even though I love the store and some of the merchandise they offer, I also tell my customers that the jewelery at our store is low quality. That is why it is so cheaply priced. I believe in excellent customer service over selling, so I try to tell customers of better places for acquiring jewelry that will last longer.

• Mg
      MGINAZ Dec 28, 2010

WORST COMPANY ON EARTH!!! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS CRAP, LIKE TALKING TO ANSWERING MACHINE ...NO KNOWLEDGE ...DO NOT ORDER ANY THING FROM THEM ESPECIALLY SHOES, I ORDERED SHOES FOR MY DAUGHTER AND SEND ME A HUGE MENS SIZE AND THEY SAID I SHOULD CONVERT IT TO LADIES SHOES, SHHIT HOW THE HELL I KNOW THAT IT WAS A MENS PURPLE CONVERSE SHOES, NOTHING WHAT SO EVER SAYS THAT IN THE WEBSITE, THEY SHOULD SPECIFY IT ON THE CHART. NOW, BESIDES THAT I HAVE AN UPSET DAUGHTER THAT DIDN'T THE SHOES, STILL GOING TO PAY SHIPPING OUT OF MY POCKET TO MAIL THE STUPID SHOES TO BE ABLE TO GIVE ME AN EXCHANGE, ALTHOUGHT IT WAS THEIR MISTAKES. HOT TOPIC YOU SHOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS.

• Ss
      SSanchez Nov 28, 2010

Hot Topics body jewelry are very low quality. Ive purchased several barbells, studs, and plugs. All of their stainless steel body jewelry usually come scratched up or the ball is jammed. Their colored stainless steel body jewelry all faded out after just a few short months.

I purchase my body jewelry locally now and inspect before buying. I don't purchase locally from Hot Topic anymore, either.

Hot Topic — bad service

I just recieved an order from HotTopic.com. My daughter had her earrings no more than 3 hours when they...