FILE A COMPLAINT

Complaints & Reviews

there is no filling in the chocolate twinkie

So I bought a box of chocolate Twinkies and when I opened it I was happy to bite into a delicious cream filled cake but there was nothing but cake and then I thought oh this is just one out of 10 I shrugged it off
so the next day I cut one open and to my surprise nothing, there was nothing in the cake probably just a little bit of filling but that was all

there is no filling in the chocolate twinkie

Chinook1 Nov 01, 2019

This is exactly what I was going to write about. HOSTESS, WHERE IS THE FILLING? THERE IS VERY LITTLE TO ABSOLUTELY NONE IN THE Chocolate Cake Twinkie !!! I am very disappointed in this. I thought that the filling would at least be what it shows on the package. These used to have a good amount, but no more. Basically this is false advertisement on your packaging. I thought I would try one more box just in case it might be just this one, but after reading the comment before mine, I'm not so sure I want to.
    NOT HAPPY...

donettes

Purchased a bunch of Hostess snacks that were on sale, opened up a pack of the Donettes and it smelled like contact adhesive, had a strong chemical smell, took out the first donut in the pack and it smelled, took a bite and it tasted like chemicals, so I spit it out and threw out the donut, took the next one, seemed a little better, but it wasn't, threw the rest of that one out. I shouldn't have eaten any of it, it made me sick. I never buy donuts, I actually picked these up for my son, thank god he didn't eat them.
I couldn't find any new recalls for Hostess products, but I would like to know what chemicals I actually ingested.

donettes

• Kb
    kb13 Dec 06, 2019

I had the same thing happen with the jumbo chocolate donuts. I have also seen a number of other people with the same experience on this site. I would also like to know what it is that we ate. I was terribly sick from it.

hostess chocolate cupcake

Good morning, my name is Linda Morris. I went shopping at my local Fry's store today and i purchased a single 2 pack of your Hostess Chocolate Cupcakes, when i returned home, much to my disappointment, my 2 pack contined only one cupcake. cPhoto included.

Thank you for your attenton onb tis matter and i look forward to a speedy response.

Linda Mrris
7607 E Loan Dr,
Tucson, AZ 85730

hostess chocolate cupcake

hostess jumbo donettes

Hi my name is Laura Hopkins, I am sending this email for two reason and first I want to thank you for all the amazing ... the cupcakes and devil dogs I think are #1... and you got the twinkies, snowballs, and ding dongs... they are amazing as well. With that in mind when I bought jumbo Donets I was in heaven. I eat wicked healthy but I have a sweet tooth that I have one day to enough one of them. So when I opened the box I smelt this horrible chemical smell... I thought maybe someone sprayed something and then I opened a donut... the smell was worst... I then broke off a piece and smelt it and my eyes and nose felt like fire... I checked the date on it to see maybe they were expired. Nope .. so then I just left on counter and asked my son to smell it maybe it was me... He then said no he said it's the donut mom and it smell like chemical and his eyes were burning also. I decided to finally email you to just inform you that this might need to be brought to your attention due to it was so random. I am truly sorry for the bad news for such an amazing company. Have a wonderful day. Thanks for reading this. Laura Hopkins email is [protected]@msn.com [protected]

Mid dew on it cakes

I recently purchased a box of hostess scary cakes limited edition. 2 out of the 8 of the individual wrapped...

Hostess

hostess scarycakes

I just purchased these scary cakes and the expiration date is Nov.7, 2019. The problem is I bit into one of these scary cakes and noticed that the side was moldy after I have already taken a bite. I have the picture also. This has never happened to me before. I love your products but I don't know if I can snack on these again after this. [protected]@gmail.com is my email address

hostess cupcakes

i just bought these at Walmart yesterday (10/13/19) best by Nov 16, 19 and I was so surprised when i open the...

crunch mini donuts

My boyfriend eats these everyday on his way to work and has been doing this for years. I bought a bag of them for us to enjoy over the weekend together and after he ate a few he said they tasted funny and also noticed that their shape was different as well.
I tried one to and thought they tasted funny as well. I'm not sure what it was but they just tasted off. As for the look they were really skinny and had a big hole in the middle usually u don't really see the hole in the middle.
The picture attached doesn't really show how weird they really looked.

crunch mini donuts

hostess mini 100 calorie pies

I purchased these pies thinking they would have cherry filling. Big surprise..I don't see how you can call that crap inside cherry is beyond me. They were, dry and the filling what ever it really was was awful. The remainder of the box was thrown out. After reading some of your complaints I was surprised. You use to have good products. but seems like quality has gone down the drain.

Nancy Csaszar
211 Marbella Dr.
Murrells Inlet. SC.

e mail [protected]@sccoast.net

ice devil's food zingers

I just bought a package of the devils food zingers and oped the package to find the frosting hard and crumbly and tasted extremely old. I buy these fairly often so I know this is not right. I purchased them at an m&h gas station and have never had an issue with them before. I did not look at the other packages to see if the whole box looked the same or not. Thanks joe Ferris email is [protected]@gmail.com and my phone number is [protected]

ice devil's food zingers

cupcake icing

I have been eating Hostess brand produsts since 1970. Grew up on the Twinkies,
Susy's Q's and the all time favorite Hostess cupcake. These 3 where a part of my brown bag school lunch. Always looked forward to enjoying that part of the school day. I noticed today after purchasing a box of the favorite Hostess cupcakes the icing had a taste of chemical. Hard to explain but different from that 1970's all time favorite. Loved the products but just concerned.

• Updated by David M Postle · Oct 08, 2019

Hostess Cupcake icing has a Chemical Taste.

• SubSquirrel Oct 08, 2019

Probably more preservatives.

• Kb
    kb13 Dec 06, 2019

I had the same issue with the chocolate donuts, and have read others on here as well. Hostess needs to check out.

ding dongs

I have been eating one cake a day for a very long time. I usually buy 2 boxes of Ding Dongs and they last me 20 days. The last box I purchased I found all 10 cupcakes were just that...cupcakes. Not one single one had any cream filling. I'm guessing a malfunction on one of the machines but decided to let you know how disappointed I was with the last box. Thank you.

cinnamon streusel coffee cakes

After I opened the box, I went to pull out a package and got one with 2 still combined but it was open on both sides with one of the cakes slightly smashed. I don't feel comfortable feeding this to my children or my spouse. They were purchased lastnight, October 5th, at our local grocery store, Festival Foods. We've never encountered a problem with your products and will continue to purchase them but hope this doesn't happen again.

peanut butter twinkies

I love hostess products but the peanut butter twinkies I bought were rlly dry on the outside and there's barely any peanut butter filling in them. Im so sorry to complain and I hope to resolve this. Im rly not the type to complain and I hate that I did but im a faithful hostess product buyer and if maybe somehow we could figure out how to resolve this it would be greatly appreciated

peanut butter twinkies

[Resolved] hostess donettes powdered sugar

I bought a package of Hostess Donettes Powdered Sugar (6 donut pkg) from Cub Foods on Lake Street in...

glazed blueberry jumbo donettes

Unfortunately for me, I made the mistake of purchasing your product today. What a waste of good money! The donuts didn't taste anything like what a donut should taste like, and even worse, it was like eating raw blueberry cake dough. The donuts were literally wet inside from the dough not being cooked thoroughly. Sadly, I'm sure this isn't a mistake, it's how your dying brand thinks a donut should be like. Perhaps you should stick to something else? I will never buy another Hostess product again. You have completely ruined what the hostess brand used to represent.

hostess cherry fruit pie

I bought one of your pies today took one bite out of it and tasted no cherry, so I looked at it and realized I bought an empty pie for 1.89! I have attached a couple pictures of it! Not really happy about buying a pie crust for that price! Not to mention I had bought it for my breakfast while I was at work so I had to go with out anything! I would hope you would do something about it to resolve this matter, I really like your snacks! My email is [protected]@gmail.com thank you for your time and hopefully I will hear back from you soon!

devil's food zingers

I've bought 2 boxes, and both boxes say they are fresh, but they are not, taste like dust and you can definitely tell by the chocolate frosting, ewww hard as a rock!! I would say its isolated but two separate stores as well, one is a walmart up here the other a superior!! Ridiculous, I will send photos, but what will you and your company do, i cant be the only one getting these... tyvm

hostess ding dongs

I purchased a package that had ABSOLUTELY NO FILLING in any of the cakes purchased. Information on package was best by Oct. 16, 2019 G [protected].
If you need any more information, please contact me to let me know what else may be needed.

I would like...at least-- a coupon for a new package.

Thanks!

Mike Massa
8422 Captain Drive
Avon, In. 46123

[protected]@yahoo.com

• Updated by Mike_elvis · Oct 01, 2019

I purchased a package that had ABSOLUTELY NO FILLING in any of the cakes purchased. Information on package was best by Oct. 16, 2019 G 08 12 23000 224 0322.

I would like...at least-- a coupon for a new package.

berries and cream cheese danish

I purchased 3 of these from a local store and I just ate 1 this morning for breakfast and it had no cream cheese in it. It was all berry flavor. I couldn't taste or see the cream cheese. I used to buy these in the past and they were amazing so I figured I'd buy more when I found them but they aren't as good as the used to be when you cant taste the cream cheese.