Hostelworldhotel cancelled and kept my money!

L Sep 11, 2018

I have had my worst customer service experience booking with https://www.facebook.com/Hostelworld/.
Due to a change of flight, I was in touch with the hotel to move my night to another one. The hotel agreed but wanted me to charge for the 2 nights. We couldn't find an agreement and I was not very happy with it, but eventually agreed that I would still come on the scheduled night.
The next day the hotel cancelled my night (THEY did) because they "didn't like my attitude and I said I could leave a bad review" (!!!). They took my money and forbid me to come to their place. Unbelievable.
Since Hostelworld is not defending me nor giving me money back despite having booked through their service. They never answer my documented complain correctly, take weeks to get back to me, and say that I had to deal with their hotel despite booking through their service.
This hotel stole my money and didn't give me the room and hostelworld is not protecting me as their client. Now going viral with my story - shame on your Hostelworld, this is an absolute shameful way to treat your clients.