Hoobly.comAd to sell yorkie puppy

D Nov 11, 2020

The ad by Bradley Morwell advertising he has a 11 week Yorkie that's a male ($700) he named Sniper and a female ($650) he named Icy for sale is a scam. All negotiations are via text msg or e-mails, he states he had no intention on selling the 2 Yorkie puppies, but he said he works long, odd hours and they are left in a crate pretty much all day. When asked if he is an AKC registered breeder he states he is not the breeder, the breeder was his wife and he lost her in a simple surgical procedure and he states it got too difficult having the 2 puppies which he said both are potty and crate trained. All payments are done through "Zelle" and he emphasizes over & over to make sure we use the information he sent regarding the Zelle account. The $700 fee for the male we sent to "his" Zelle acct. came back confirmed but under a different name. The name Lorenzo Graham appears, when asked who Lorenzo is he says it's his cousin who lives with him sometimes. When we purchased the puppy it showed he lived in Canton, MI, but after he received 1st payment he texted he moved to Houghton Lake and he knows that's far for us to drive, he tells us he has a delivery service he's used for yrs that will deliver the dog to our front door, we agreed to this. He said delivery service will contact us the night before to arrange the time of delivery and to confirm address, etc. We agreed that we wanted to take possession of puppy on Sat. Nov 7, Bradley confirmed this was fine 2 different times. Sat. Nov 7 in the AM we texted him to inform him we have not heard from delivery service, he said he would call them and shortly after we received a text from Bradley stating the dog had to be in a special travel vented crate and the crate he took to the delivery service he was told those type can't be used anymore and sent 3 pictures of crates, all different prices. Bradley told us the cost of the crate will be 100% refunded to us when he delivers puppy, we chose the least expensive one, that was $1, 000. Bradley again told us to make sure we use only the number and information we sent the $700 through Zelle. Shortly after we sent the $1, 000 and got a confirmation number Bradley sent a text saying, "Hey have you people sent the money yet, Sniper can't be delivered until we receive the confirmation you sent the $1, 000, we told him we did and we got a confirmation it went through so he should be receiving a confirmation". Approximately 15-20 min later we received a text stating they received the $1, 000 and Sniper would be leaving soon. About 30 mins later we got yet another text from Bradley stating the vet that travels with the pups gives them a shot to relax them, we have to send $600 for the vaccine and will be reimbursed in full when Sniper is delivered, at this time we asked when Sniper will be delivered, the "owner of the delivery service" calls us, has a very strong Italian accent & told us he can't give exact time because there's 25 puppies he has to deliver and Sniper will be the last one. This is when we knew this was a scam and stated to this man we are on to him and Bradley, we said as far as we know you could be one person, including the "so-called cousin" Lorenzo who all the money has gone to thus far, this man told us its not a scam and Sniper will be at our house in 30 minutes. Needless to say, we told him he just verified with the comment that Sniper would be at our house in 30 minutes but when he called to tell us we had to send $600 for the vaccine, that's when we were told by them they have 25 puppies, and they couldn't give a time when Sniper would be delivered. He hung up on us, we tried calling back but the number we'd been calling all of a sudden stated this number is no longer in service. About 20-30 mins later we received a text from Bradley stating Sniper wasn't feeling well and the vet had to give him a shot right away and we had to send $400 to the Zelle acct but that wasn't refundable. This is when we told them the scam is over, we told them we were calling the police and filing a fraud report and they'll deal with the police from this point on. We did call our local police, they came to the house, took a report and a copy of all the text msg., e-mails, confirmations from Zelle with the amount of money sent along with all the confirmation numbers and Lorenzo Graham's name. The police said an inspector would be assigned to the case and would be calling us Monday, Nov. 9, which he did. We also went to the bank, this bank does deal with Zelle so they said with all the information we gave them, they will be able to start a fraud file, and they will use the confirmation numbers to locate whoever Lorenzo Graham is. The police asked if we plan on bringing charges against all involved once they are located, we said most definitely. Bradley Morwell still has the ad on Hoobly.com and before he scams money from any other people, Hoobly.com needs to remove his ad and not allow him to advertise on their website and if it's possible, Hoobly.com should bring charges against this man and the others that were in on this scam with him.

JAX27330 Jan 06, 2021

I am sorry for the hell you went through. I sell puppies occasionally on Hoobly.com and I have had internet trolls saying the nastiest things to me like my dog has a disease it didn't have, I don't care about animals, etc. I do rescue work. I am in a rural area and they just dump the animals over the fence. I do everything holistically and I have had people saying the nastiest things they could think of because I used holistic ways to deal with insects which are plentiful in a rural area. My animals are dewormed but they are not poisoned. They are shampooed with shampoos that don't dry out their skin and sprayed with holistic tick/mosquito/flea spray that stops the bugs just as well as more poison-based insectisides. I love my animals and I put them first. I resent people thinking that I wouldn't.