Complaints & Reviews

Puppy purchase

I purchased a puppy and it was advertised as an AKC registry pup. Was told at pickup wishing I had to drive 3 hours for, that due to covid it was taking a little bit longer to get the litter papers back. Which I shouldn't have walked away without a pedigree and I get that now but she has given me the run around for months and now she has stopped talking to me all together and she is now selling more pups from another breed the same way. I just want buyers to beware of this seller because her intentions are not good at all.

Puppy purchase

Purchased a puppy

Purchased a puppy from Lengachers in Grabill, IN. Was told she had been seen by a vet and had vaccines. The...

Grabill Dog Breeders

User give false information

User "Sweetbabies" posted ad for Saint Bernard x Border Collie mix. I met and purchased a female puppy.
Seller provided proof of vaccinations on a veterinary receipt. Veteranary and address on receipt do not exists. Puppy had severe worms and parvovirus. Seller doesn't respond to calls or text.

Also Florida requires a health certificate. Seller said puppy came from Georgia, explaining why Veteranary receipt was from Georgia. My Veteranary stated the puppy requires a certificate of travel from Georgia AND a Florida health certificate.

"Sweetbabies" lied about everything. Probably lied about the mix.

Classified Dog- Yorkie

Contacted seller about a yorkie they had. Agreed to purchase for $500, we paid deposit of $150 on monday. On Wednesday, we paid $250. On Friday, she contacted my husband and stated the vet bill was $147. My husband sent the additional $147, the same day, after my husband sent the additional money, I went into my hoobly account messages and there was a new notification on messages that she had been banned. It's sunday and we're on our way to pick up puppy. She messaged and asked for $45 for gas. We refused to send it to her. She sent a message that she's stranded and can't meet us with the puppies because we won't send her ANOTHER $45. We have contacted Google pay and are proceeding with a fraud complaint. Total amount $647.

Advertising page

I have tried to change my password numerous times to log into your site. Everytime I try to register the site says I am already registered. When I try to change my password it tells me my e-mail does not exist? Why this continues everytime I try is beyond me. We were looking to purchase a dog from one of your clients, but cannot due to your glitches in your web site.

David McCoy
[protected]@chartermi.net

puppy’s

Be aware of carleyboutique in mi selling sick puppys. Suspected puppy mill as she has three different litters of dogs. These dogs are sick do not purchase from this seller. The dogs are some form of toy pomerian breed. Don't be lured in by the cheap price. You will spend thousands trying to save a sick puppy that never had a chance anyway. Save yourself the disappointment.

chocolate lab puppy scam

Responded to a Hoobly Ad f(saw the same as on Craigslist) or chocolate lab puppies. The owner "Elle Flynn" sent videos and pictures as I requested them. We checked them through google images and found them to be original. Seemed legit and since we were hesitant, she offered a refundable deposit which we sent through google pay. I asked to see a copy of mother and father's registration and she sent me one from a dog in Idaho. I called and spoke directly with that dog breeder, who had no idea who this person was. We requested a refund and she ghosted us.
This is the information she provided:
The name on the pseudo-contract is "Elle Flynn". The associated phone number is +[protected].
The email address used is [protected]@gmail.com

The address listed on the deposit receipt is:

909 Chapel Oaks Court, Winter Garden, Florida, 34787

• Em
    Emily Haney Mar 04, 2020

The same exact thing just happened to me. The name and address are different, but I'm sure it's the same person. I realized it was a scam when I searched the address and saw it's listed on Zillow available to rent.

Comments

dog

Was talking to a lady about a FULL BREED cane corso and she said (still have the messages) she is ICCF registered. Paid 1k for her and we took her home. When we got to the vet they ran a test to she if she was mixed with something. She is 37.5%mastiff, 25% cane corso, 25% Rottweiler and 12.5% American staffordshire. What a rip off. Lady username is "canesncons".

dog

scam for money - selling frenchie

Messaged back and forth about buying Frenchie from him spoke with him and wife on phone and thru text. Said they would meet came time to meet and they wanted a deposit to meet that was the "wife's rules". We raise English bully's and are aware of scams so we don't just do deposits unless we know the people. We offered to meet a police department so everyone felt comfortable and they said they didn't know if they could do that that they'd probably just move on. They are both African American you can tell by the way they speak. They photos and videos must be fake, don't put down a deposit you won't see or hear from them again.

ip banned

I had two accounts (was unaware of the one, it is old!) But still was logged in from my ip address. Well they banned my IP address. I emailed good ol' Peter Grigor and he emailed very short responses but all very unethical for any business response. "I told u no". And other smarta** responses! Now I know why a lot of the reputable dog breeders are running from this website. DO NOT USE HOOBLY! If you're truly reputable go to gooddog, or AKC.

ip banned

chocolate lab puppies scam

Responded to an ad for chocolate lab puppies. Receievd a text back, I decided to call instead of texting. Spoke to the ad poster named Elle Flynn. She sounded legit so we placed a deposit for $200 through google pay. I asked for more pictues of the puppies and the next day she sent me a few. Another day or 2 goes by and she sends me a few more pictures. She also said she was going to have a meet and greet so we can select which puppy we wanted on Saturday around 3-4pm. I thanked her and left it at that. We heard nothing come Friday or Saturday morning. Sent a few texts, and still nothing. No response. So my husband and I started researching the pictures and found that she sent us picutres of puppies that belonged to another breeder in NY! We requested a refund and luckily it is done through google pay so we do expect to get that back. We even recieved a reciept and bill of dog sale!! Not sure why she went that far but watch out for this one! Her number is [protected] and email is [protected]@gmail.com.

chocolate lab puppies scam

bernese/lab puppy

Beware of this seller!! There is a puppy mill owner that continues to advertise on Hoobly with a location of Walled Lake Michigan or Hartland Michigan. All pups are $550 and they ask to send contact info.
I got a puppy they advertised as a Bernese/lab mix. My son picked her up, paid cash, and was unknowingly given the wrong puppy. We had her DNA tested and she has neither of these breeds: she is a crazy mix of breeds. She was very sick costing astronomical vet bills on Christmas Eve. They say they are "vetted" but the vet record is a handwritten Tractor Supplt brochure. The breeder ignored my calls but finally answered and said it was a Bernese/lab and she would not take her back. She advertises Bernese mixes and Australian Shepard mixes. I wish I knew of any other recourse to stop her, and get some $ back. Pictured is the ad for one puppy, the one listed, and what I got.

fraud

Hello, Best Persian Kittens extorted $500 from me then attempted to extort an additional $2900 for a heated airline crate due to bad weather when it was 45 degrees in both Pa and Ok. The seller has refused to return my texts or calls and refuses to return funds. I have emails and paperwork to prove this. I would like help resolving this issue. Thank you.

• Updated by Micha Mucha · Jan 04, 2020

Complete fraud.

australian shepherd

bought male australian shepherd puppy on dec. 14th, 2019 he was from a litter of puppies the only only black and white one. ad said detroit, but went to belleville, mi to pick up puppy. after 2 days puppy became sick. took him to vet and puppy has parvovirus, fleas and worms, was hopitalized for 8 days. contacted the owner (told me his name was tony) by text at [protected], informed him of this situation with the puppy, he said he would refund my $300 for puppy. haven't received anything. tried texting him again but he will not respond to any of my text messages now. recently saw ad on www. hoobly.com/p/kg0yf with the same phone number [protected] selling purebred australian shepherds 8 weeks old puppies two females for $350. this is so terrible and dishonest how people take advantage of you, they shouldn't be allowed to sell any puppies at all. i hope you're able to find out who this person is. i wouldn't want anyone else to go through this. is there any way possible to find out his full name and correct address, i plan on filing a law suit against him if i'm able to locate him.

australian shepherd

dog abuse and flipping

ONDRA BRIAR from Greenville Michigan sells many dogs on here that she collects free. They are ALL exposed to Parvo as her house is infested. She lies about breed, age, health, vet records etc. Many dogs die shortly after purchase. Google her name and phone number and learn why internet pet shopping is a horrible idea! Her most recent phone is [protected]. Hoobly accounts are lovescats and likesgr. Why is Hoobly allowing this sick [censored]? Needs to be shut down!!

english bulldog puppies

In the last couple days, I have had people contacting me for an English Bulldog a breed I don't own. After emailing back and forth with somebody inquiring about puppies. It turns out someone has used the words in my ad verbatim including my personal information. I have attached to screenshot they sent me and the link I found https://www.hoobly.com/p/lTenE
This person has been a member user name Sandrafabiola553 since November 2017. And I am sure if this is what is going on this isn't the first time they have done this.
Please take down this ad ASAP. This could severely hurt my business.

english bulldog puppies

can't login to account

kicked me off & now I can't access my acct. It won't take my password & when I tried to reset it told me my email didn't exist. I've been a customer with hoobly for years so what is going on? I have puppy ads I need to keep up on so please fix ASAP. I also tried the mobil app it did tell me it was sending a code to email address which it never did that either. I'm losing sales which I'm not happy about at all
Thanks Sherri
[protected] call or text
[protected]@msn.com

dog abuse

Good morning. I have been collecting ads and complaints against Ondra Briar (Greenville's well known dog abuser and flipper) for a couple years now and have contacted many agencies, including Montcalm Animal control many times before they shut down. I have never gotten anywhere. However, in light of the President signing the new animal cruelty bill I am hopeful that Montcalm County will finally take action against this woman. Her home is obviously crawling with fleas, parasites and Parvo as another malnourished puppy was purchased from her two weeks ago and died of Parvo within hours. I know reports were filed but most likely no one will follow through. I believe this is now becoming a public health issue as she lies about everything pertaining to the dogs she collects and sells and they are obviously carrying zoonotic diseases. I plan to begin contacting local media outlets after the holiday but would like to give everyone notice so they have time to remove her from their sites.
If you would like any documentation, I have 90 pages of dog ads and online complaints against Ondra Briar that I will happily deliver to any interested parties.
Thank you for you prompt attention to this matter.
Account names are "lovescats" and "likesgr". Phone number [protected].

deposit on bengal kitten

Happened on 11/19/2019

i sent a deposit of 400 dollars for a Bengal kitten on this date. when she got my deposit she quit talking to me and got away with my money. i wonder how many more people she has took .the post is still on Hoobly her location is Georgetown Ohio she's been a member since June 30 2019 i can't believe people do this and get away with it. her username is Kern08 this is just not right. i would like to get my money back but won't
below is a picture of her website thank you.

deposit on bengal kitten

website

Hoobly banned my IP for no known reason and I can't speak to them about getting it fixed. I have no way to contact them, no way to find out why it was banned and no known way to get it fixed. There's no contact information for them, no one to talk to about it or any way to speak to someone about the issue.

I have been using it just fine and now, suddenly, I can't.