Having problems with Hoobly?

13609 Victory Blvd, Suite 126
Van Nuys, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hoobly.

Complaints & Reviews

Sep 02, 2019

Hoobly — cat breeder scam

This breeder has an ad on your site (https://www.hoobly.com/p/F7cGI). This ad ties to their website...

Hooblyposting for chihuahua puppy

made agreement to purchase a pup for $700.00 including flight. After going back and forth through text messages I was told she was shipping the pup out on 08/27 I took the day off work to pick up the pup at the airport, after waiting for almost an hour she never shipped the dog. I told her to refund the card, got several text messages back confirming the refund but haven't seen anything yet. So I have filed a fraud charges through my credit card company and Paypal next is the BBB / IRS / local authorities
BEWARE of NIKIK3099

Hooblyscammers like courtney tipton allowed to continue

I encountered a person named Courtney Tipton, selling Pembroke/Cardigan cross Corgis for $400, supposedly in Crossville TN. Communicated decently, sent pictures of adorable puppy from an app in which her username was persian20191057. I paid the deposit. She even sent updated pics of "my" puppy. I then found an ad under the same username k9093 at Hoobly selling pugs in Fayetteville NC, with a different phone number but same exact and very specific wording in the ad. Claims to be deaf, so will not take calls. When asked about the pugs, she claims her account was hacked but all these complaints here against her prove otherwise (do a search here for Courtney Tipton). She was immediately defensive when I expressed my concerns and said she'd refund the deposit tonight. We'll see, but everything up to this point has been a lie so I'm sure that is also. I used PayPal friends and family. Big mistake on my part. What a disappointment. She's not just taking people's money, she's stealing their hopes, their eagerness for a puppy, and their trust. Beware anyone with the name Courtney Tipton, email c t i p 2229 (at) g m a i l. Phone number changes according to area she's claiming to sell from. I'm just glad we found out sooner rather than later. I should have known better. Wish I'd googled her name first!

Apparently Hoobly allows this individual to continue her scams despite complaints against her. At this moment she has an ad at Hoobly for pug puppies and is probably receiving fresh deposits from unsuspecting people who are just excited about the possibility of a puppy. I reported the ad and contacted Hoobly but yet it is still there.

Some red flags that I shouldn't have ignored: (1) Sought after breeds of puppies are priced cheaply enough that they are very tempting but they are not registered so it seems possible. These puppies are far from the age to be weaned, only about 2 weeks old at the time of the ad. (2) She demands a deposit through Zelle or PayPal Friends and Family ONLY and says she will not accept deposits in person. When I had trouble using Zelle she was quick to say that she was sorry I wasted my time and wished me luck on my search, giving me a further sense that we were about to lose our chance for the puppy. (3) She says that you will be welcome to visit the puppies only after they've had their first shots. Understandable from a health perspective but a red flag nonetheless. Weeks go by from planning deposit to this supposed chance to actually see your puppy. (4) She will not accept phone calls, in my case claiming that she is deaf (what a low down lie). This is actually because she uses a free text app to make all those phone numbers. (5) She is very quick to say "if you don't like this don't bother contacting me, " which gives the buyer a sense of urgency in following her demands so as not to miss the great deal on a puppy. (6) She uses misspellings of "your" for "you're" in every ad I've seen. A common mistake but it is such a consistent misuse that it may give a clue that a posting is by her. (7) She continually emphasizes "SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY or don't bother contacting me." Many actual animal breeders are enthusiastic about their breed and happy to answer questions. This emphasis on being serious makes the buyer feel like they are already committed to saying they will send a deposit even before contacting her. (8) Upon request she sends beautiful photos of ideal looking puppies posed "just so." She is quick to supply these, they appear almost professionally done and she has age progressions that seem legitimate. Who knows where she gets these images of whole litters different ages from! They were shared through an app called TextMe rather than through her personal text as most people would do. (9) Communication is not very prompt and there are "issues" beyond her control that come up. In my case she said her phone stopped working and she had to borrow a friend's. She later claimed her Hoobly account had been hacked. She was slow to respond to emails asking for updates but very quick to respond when I asked her about the pugs in NC. She responded defensively at the suggestion that she could take a personalized picture of the puppy, saying she is not scamming anyone and that she'd just refund my deposit. Uhhh, still waiting on that fairy tale. A legitimate seller would want to allay and refute concerns, not just shut off communication.

So, just beware out there. I'm a seller on Hoobly and I appreciate my customers who trust me, but I would never be offended if someone asked for verification. And I wouldn't ask for deposits ONLY in a way that is unprotected. There are good sellers out there. But Courtney Tipton is definitely not one of them! Watch out for her aliases also: Carson Tipton, Courtney Phillips (which she claimed was her maiden name). I know she just signed up for PayPal (because Zelle wouldn't go through for me) and I'll be contacting them to warn them of this serial scammer.

Sadiestarr18 Oct 25, 2019

Damnit she just got me. My kids are going to be crushed. I didnt really have $200 for the deposit but I couldn't think of a better gift for my kids than a new family member. Her new alias is Catherine Tippson and she says she is selling out of la grange Illinois

Aug 25, 2019

Hoobly — hoobly mini goldendoodle dog scam

Avoid Hermosadoodles, and the seller in these screenshots on Hoobly. She will take your deposit, then block...

Hooblydogs

Saw a add for a Great Danes from nikkirenea17
      I contacted her and even spoke to her on the phone. She told me that she reduced the price and had 3 left.
      The price being low we were a little worried.
      The more we communicated the more it did not feel real. When we tried to see the pups she got back with us later that evening which would be to late. Story always changed and today when we did have a time set. The price changed and the amount of dogs changed. Still no address to see. When I informed her it did not feel right, I got insults from her.
      I believe it is a scam

HooblyI an unable to post an add

My email is [protected]@gmail.com I am trying to post an add for my make American bully pup .I am wondering as to why I am still waiting for my add to be posted I have used your site many times and never had to go there this process could you kindly help myself with this issue .all I am trying to do is fine a great home for an amazing dog with quality bloodlines fully potty trained, crate trained leash trained. UTD on shots ect...
        Kind regards,

HooblyPuppy sold with health issues

Do not purchase rottweiler puppies from John Niles phone number [protected] in Burkesville Kentucky. I purchased a female from them Saturday night 8/17/19. She came home and all day Sunday diarrhea and acted like she had been abused because we would walk up to her and try to pet her and she would hunker down and run away. Monday she wasn't eating, was having diarrhea and blood in her stool . I proceeded to ask why she would act like that regarding acting afraid and they said she has to get to know us. (she still does it today 8/23/19. Clearly she knows us) Tuesday i took her to the vet as she wasn't eating or drinking. She was infested with hook worms.. No biggie as that's normal in puppies to have some worms. That was 256 dollars. She seemed okay the rest of Tuesday after getting medicine. Wednesday still the same with the diarrhea. Thursday, ate a little & every time she went to the bathroom, diarrhea. Then today (8/23/19) she stopped having poop in her diarrhea, it turned into just mucus and blood. She then projectile vomited everywhere and wouldn't eat or drink. I now have had to hospitalize her for the weekend and it's costing me over $700 because they sold me a puppy with health issues. They refuse to give me any money back or take the puppy back. Never again would i purchase from these people and i recommend that no one else does either

• Updated by Shelly granit · Sep 12, 2019

I have the texts proving I said something 2 days after we got her. It was not 2 weeks. I took her back to you a week after we had her. She had her ribs showing when we picked her up and my vet at bethel animal health will vouch for me that she was sick when we got her and not healthy. She was hospitalized all weekend before returning her and she wasnt eating as she was sick. Yes you returned the 800 for the dog but you refused to pay the medical expenses I clearly provided you with. We already got another healthy rottweiler from a reputable breeder unlike your puppy mill you have going on and he was healthy, eating, not vomiting or bloody mucus diarrhea or filled with hook worms.

I posted that review when you tried arguing with me that she wasnt sick even though I PROVED YOU WRONG WITH DOCUMENTS FROM MY VET AND MY BET CONFIRMED WITH YOU SHE WAS SICK AND HOSPITALIZED AT THE VET.

You're delusional by thinking it was 2 weeks and she wasnt sick. Maybe you dont know how to comprehend or read vet records or the medicine I handed you when I handed her to you. Doesnt matter. You're just upset that I called you out on selling a sick puppy. Since I posted that original comment yes you gave me the money for the dog back but not the expenses for you selling me a sick puppy.

• Updated by Shelly granit · Sep 13, 2019

I did. I picked her up saturday night 8/17/2019. Got home at 2am. Monday 8/19/19 I asked why she seemed she was afraid of humans as she hunkered down when we went to pet her you said it was normal and she needed to get to know us. Tuesday 8/20/2019 I took her to the vet which I have you the records of what they did. And yes I tore off the top of the bill that has my name and address and my personal information so when you handed those records to another owner, they wouldnt have my personal information. I also tore the bottom off because you dont need the information showing where I had my cats getting flea medicine or exam. I was showing you what they charged for her only and what they did to her.
              I kept you up to date that friday of everything that had gone on. The fact she wouldnt eat since we brought her home, the blood in diarrhea, the projectile vomiting, the worms and that she was so sick they were hospitalized her friday Saturday sunday and monday morning. I feel giving a sick puppy who's ribs were sticking out when I picked her up from you and once you called my doctor and she said yes she was hospitalized here and I handed you the records for her, you would have seen you were wrong. Why the hell would I drive 8 hours to pick her up with intentions of wanting to drive another 8 hours and be out 600 dollars for vet Bills? You're sincerely delusional. I mean literally I had 16 hours of driving, 600 in medical Bills I lost the money on because you thought I was lying or making it up and your response was sorry we dont give health guarantees. So to protect other people from the headache I ran into instead of enjoying the new puppy they should buy from a reputable breeder who gives health guarantee which I wish I had done the first go around. I drove even farther and paid more and got a healthy happy male that was running around like a puppy should instead of barely moving around like she was acting when i got home with her.

Everyone just do your homework.

• Updated by Shelly granit · Sep 13, 2019

If you knew how to read english. My first post back to you I said yes you did give me the 800 back I posted the original ad before you said you would give the 800 back. I am not a liar at all. I said you gave me the dog money back not the vet money. And the post is under her name because I didnt have a account and she did. It doesnt matter who's name its posted under. What a weird thing to worry about.

The real truth here is, you sold me a sick puppy. Yes you gave me the 800 back but did not refund the vet money so MY OPINION is if people want a healthy dog, to not buy from you and buy from a reputable breeder like I did the second time around.
              You can be upset all you want. Good news is I have a healthy rottweiler who's had no issues or health problems and I'm very happy with the breeder we delt with. Anyone who wants a rottweiler from them give me a call [protected]

• El
              Ellen Niles Sep 12, 2019

That was a lie she had the puppy for over 2 week then she called us and said the puppy was sick we told her to bring the puppy back and we did refund her money when the puppy came back it’s sides were sunk in and she was starved to death so please do not sell any puppies to this lady she knows nothing about Rottweiler and her name is Lauren Peczkowski from Ohio

Comments

1 comment

Updated by Shelly granit, Sep 12, 2019

• El
              Ellen Niles Sep 13, 2019

You only gave me torn off pieces of the bill and you should of called us right away ! We sell our puppy at a lower price without health Guarantees and you new this. well I am done posting have a Blessed day!

John Niles Sep 13, 2019

@Ellen Niles You have already proved you are a liar you said we didn't give you your money back and we did and we never sold a puppy to Shelly Granit we sold a puppy to Lauren Paczkowski so why would anybody believe anything you say

Hooblyuser/ member location/ area not correct. contacted customer service three time but not helped

When I registered with Hoobly, I was not prompted to give my location/ area, but just my email address is all. Please note: I do not live in Homossassa, but rather in Lakeland Florida. I have contacted Hoobly Customer Service three times so far but they have not helped me yet. They responded once and suggested that I update my ad location. But please note: my ad will always continue to show up in Homossassa until my user/profile is changed. Their system does not allow the user/ member to update their location so I am stuck. I am grateful for their pet ad service but I will never get any buyers when I am listed so far away. I have been contacting and asking customer service for help for about a week now. Might as well delete my ad and my membership as well if you won't help me. Its not what I want but its useless to place ads to some other faraway/ remote city from me. Rather, I ask again here for customer service to help rectify this situation properly by changing my user/member location to Lakeland Florida.

• Updated by wolfchief · Aug 13, 2019

Please note: I do not live in Homossassa Florida. Rather, I live in Lakeland Florida. Not sure how my user/ member location area was listed in Homossassa. I contacted Customer Service three times but was not helped. They replied to me once and suggested that I update my ad location, which I did but the ad still is listed in Homossassa. Its obvious that any ad that I place will always be listed in Homossassa until my user/ member location area gets changed. Members/ users do not have access to do this. So why is customer service giving me the runaround? Why don't they just fix it? I am stuck so my membership is useless, unless customer service helps me. Might as well remove both my ad and my membership. Its not what I want but its useless. Rather it would be better just for them to help me. Whats the big deal?

Aug 05, 2019

Hoobly — dog I gave a down payment on hoobly thru zelle for 200$

Me and my wife gave a down payment of 200$ for a golden doodle puppy and we found out it was a scam and we...

Hooblyboston terrier/dog breeder

I inquired about a Boston terrier I found on hoobly. I knew the price was to good to be true but I figured I'd try. The person wanted me to send $100 to hold him. I asked to come see him & pay the deposit in cash. For reasons unknown that wasn't possible. The person has a area code from Arkansas. The location on his account says Southfield mi. & he says he located on Marshall Mi which he didn't even spell right. I checked the account and they have multiple breed litters of puppies... all with these deposits and low prices. Bet this guy is making a killing off stupid people who send the money. Beware! Also FIY you can't transact dogs on PayPal. So keep that in mind! I hope people see this!

boston terrier/dog breeder
              boston terrier/dog breeder

• Ej
                  Ejmamajo Aug 18, 2019

I am a victim! I should have known better. What’s worse is my children are disappointed because they thought they were getting a new puppy. I hope whomever is doing this gets caught so it doesn’t happen to anyone else. It’s just too bad people are so evil

Hooblystud dog service “nikobobber”

This woman took $500 from me after my dogs gave birth to two dead puppies, she was unsympathetic and has been calling to harass me and she is threatening to sue me for giving an honest review. I also received a message to my post from someone that said she took $200 from them for a puppy and they didn't get it. She seems very off it to me, I suggest anyone not to do business with her ever!

• Da
                    Dandyday Jul 27, 2019

We are truly sorry for the loss you have endured. We have offered a compensation for a loss, if you were able to provide a veterinarian statement confirming it to be the fault of the stud. I do believe you did misrepresent the facts. You did have two females that were both bred, and both did produce offspring. However, both did give birth to live puppies, witch according to our records of correspondence lived for 3 days each. We also have records from you denying veterinarian care for mother or puppies to determine what the cause of death was. We have dozens of litters (before and after yours), and to date your two females are the only two with an unsuccessful litter. As for your statement about a puppy payment.. that is a complete false statement and we are able to prove that. We have a stud agreement that is signed prior to service and we have dozens of references from past litters. The stud fee is for a stud, and I am truly sorry you lost the litters, but every vet or expert we have consulted says there is no way it is the stud’s fault.

Jul 21, 2019

Hoobly — ad scam for french bulldog puppy in nc

Member "qwa" is a fraud and scam. Placed ad for French Bulldog puppy for sale in the Greensboro, NC area for...

Jul 14, 2019

Hoobly — shih tzu puppy

Incident date: July 12, 2019 Client email: housecleaner2013 Breeder would not allow me to see parents or go...

Hooblyhome area is not michigan

Please note home area is not Southfield, Michigan it's Kentucky not sure why this has shown up this way. I would appreciate your correcting this mistake and letting me know that you did. There's no point in me trying to sell dogs in Michigan when I am living way down and Kentucky, if people see Michigan as my home state they were going to scroll right by as opposed to contacting me

home area is not michigan

• Wo
                      wolfchief Aug 13, 2019

I am with you on this. The same thing happened to me. When I contacted customer service they put it back on me to update my ad. But, no matter if I/ you update it, the ad will always be listed in the wrong city until customer service corrects the users/ members home area. The user/member does not have access to do it, so the user/member is stuck unless customer service does it for them.

Hooblymacaw

I responded to an ad for baby Macaws from Charlesedward43 and sent money for the bird after talking for a while and he was answering questions so it seemed legitimate. I sent $900.00 ($200 via PayPal and $700 via VenMo) I was luckily able to get the funds back from Venmo as he could not access them due to an issue with ID he said. He was supposed to send the baby birds out via Delta animal cargo and on 2 separate occassions they never made it to the airport, first time he stated he was away and his co breeder who was feeding the babies was supposed to send. That day came and the birds never made the airline, he answered to that message and stated it was an issue with the crate the airline wouldn't accept it so he said he would send when he returned and that there would be no issues with the second shipment attempt. well that day comes and I tracked the airway tracking number that he gave me and again no birds made the flight! at this point he had blocked my number from contacting him and I have not heard another word from him. He still owes me $200.00 for the fund I could not recover from PayPal as he requested payment be sent friends and family, I didn't know this would not be a safe transaction, I thought any PayPal transaction was protected.

• Updated by jds2002woo · Jun 28, 2019

Sorry I sent $1060.00 $900 for the bird and $160 for shipping delta, the $860 was sent via Venmo which I got back

• Ba
                        Bah Zing Oct 23, 2019

These scammers are everywhere. A lot of them are from African countries, and I'm not racist I am stating a fact. They only know how to RIP off innocent people. Buyer beware.
                        I hate admitting it, but I am out almost 600.00
                        I wanted to trust this guy...joseph Thuku, valfly 12, roger Chrisler.

Jun 27, 2019

Hoobly — email are not possible to update (to delete email hacked)

My email [protected]@hotmail.com and [protected]@hotmail.com are hacked and taken over. I redirected all my...

Hooblycategories filter for pets/animals goats

Hello,

There are MANY goat breeds that need to be included in the Categories Filter for goats!!! You only have 5 listed!! You might further divide them into Dairy goats and Meat goats and Fiber goats

Dairy goats for example: (these should be added)
                      Alpine
                      LaMancha
                      Saanen
                      Toggenburg
                      Oberhasli

You already have Nubian but Nigerian should be changed to Nigerian Dwarf

Meat Goats: ( you already have Pygmy and Boer)
                      Myotonic
                      Kiko
                      Spanish

Fiber Goats - Angora

Hoobly.comstud service

Hi I recently found out someone is trying to use my pics as the parents of their pups which is not the case and now shes even posted an ad of my studs for sale which is not the case either the name on the account is jazmierbrown and here is the link. http://www.hoobly.com/p/34jk3 I deleted my stud account until this is resolved. I cant believe what she is doing or why this is crazy I did call her and ask her to not use my photos here is her phone number this is a scam and fraud [protected]

Hooblychow chow puppies

My name is Michelle Cross email address is [protected]@yahoo.comYes this person took a $100 deposit for a dog that she represented as AKC. Well the father could have been but the litter is not. When I asked her on May 6th she said yes they could be registered. The day before I was to drive to pick up puppy she text me and said she had made a mistake that she had never sent in the parents papers and that would make neither parent registered. She told me she had another litter due and it would have AKC parents. Well the litter was born now she says it's not registerable. I asked for my deposit back and she blocked me. She miss lead me the whole way. She is listed under cortesbeatrice1962 here is her ad. Chow Chow Puppies looking for forever families
                          Born: March 9th, 2019
                          Ready for forever families: May 4th, 2019
                          Florida Certificate of Health
                          First set of shots administered but veterinarian.
                          Dewormed 8x : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, &8 weeks old
                          Clean fecal examination.
                          High protein diet
                          High calcium diet
                          Daily vitamin supplement
                          Potty training
                          Socialized with small children daily
                          Love chew toys
                          Parents AKC & CKC registered
                          Sire & Dame on premises
                          1 female left
                          Happy healthy cuddly playful adorable sweet fluffy loving fur babies looking for forever families.
                          $600.00 each

$100.00 deposit hold your puppy till pick. Deposits nonrefundable if you decide you don't want the puppy.
                          $500.00 due at pick up

Located in Umatilla Fl.
                          Ms. Bea
                          [protected]
                          This is the puppy I put a deposit on. But I was wanting a AKC registerable one.

Hooblypuppy

I purchased a Doberman from a breeder on your site. Their screen name is "dobes2017". Since purchasing the puppy I have had multiple medical issues and have spent a great deal of money to get the puppy to good health. This breeder I believe is simply running a puppy mill and selling dobermans with pre existing conditions. Also, they gave me the pup at 7 weeks, which at the time I was not aware was illegal. I hope you consider banning this seller to save the life of these dobermans because some might not have the money to fix them like we are. I've tried getting papers from them but they refuse and ignore me. I think they are a fraud and that you should remove them from making money off of these poor puppies. Feel free to contact me at [protected] and I will explain the 4 grand I just spent on him yesterday. It to mention the thousands before at the vet. Please do not let this continue.