Menu
Home Money & Insurance Honda Financial Services Honda financial
F
Author of the complaint
2:03 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a 5 year maintenance program for my new Honda CRV at time of new car purchase (2020) when the car came due for service, I found out I was locked into the dealer I purchased the car from which is not close to my home, in fact I drive by another dealer to get there. I thought the program was through American Honda and I could take it to any dealer for service, not so. I asked if they could transfer it to another dealer and was told no but I could cancel it and they would issue me a check. I thought ok lets do it and I will pay the new dealer and I set.

Well, it turns out Because the car is not paid off the check goes to Honda Financial to be placed on the loan balance. So now I don't have a prepaid maintenance program. I called the dealer to stop the payment and was told they already mailed the check and would have to take it up with Honda Fi.

Honda Fi says they have not received the funds but when they do it can't be reversed.
This seem like a very ridged policy and is certainly but customer friendly. It seems if the Honda hasn't received the fund to put on the balance this should be fixable. HELP

I either want the check sent to the dealer closest to my house or send me the check or cancel the request and I well just have to commute to the original dealer for service.

More Honda Financial Services complaints & reviews