Home Creationswarranty shmoranty

O Review updated:

You'd think a company who's mass producing houses would have caught on by now that they can't continue to work at this pace and expect to have a quality home built for a consumer to purchase. I closed on my home in March and within 2 weeks the list of problems started to grow. My neighbor had told me shortly after I moved in there used to be a large pond between our two houses that had only recently been fixed shortly before i moved there. She told me they ripped down the fencing and didn't even address the 2-3 ft of standing water (which had frogs and tadpoles living in it so you now it was there a while) until right before I had signed a contract. I learned she was telling the truth when it started raining or she would water her lawn and the north side of my house would end up flooded. I will admit I have a few minor complaints inside but the fact that I contacted their warranty dept and it took them 3 weeks to even come out and look at what I was complaining about it is ridiculous. Anytime you contact warranty dept they simply dont respond especially if you submit a request through the website, you never know if they received and they never contact you to follow up. I've had to constantly stay on top of them by continuing to submit requests for fixes inside and out, and continually call and ask for updates because they will never provide you with one. I've even gone to the lengths of filing a complaint with BBB and several builders associations that they belong to. They have tried to make out to look like a liar and even told the BBB "we dont finance renovations to homeowners properties" that comment is in reference to me asking them to do the LABOR part of fixing the yard issues i've had all over my house. Dead sod, trenches dug down the front of my yard, some places where sod has been completely washed out due to the way they graded my yard.
Do yourself a favor and FIND ANOTHER BUILDER! They dont care about their customers and they certainly don't like it if you complain. My hope is that I will be able to get this issues corrected and then sell my house so I can find something made with quality and standards that are backed up!

• D
      May 23, 2016

We recently purchased a newly built house with Home Creations and are running into the same issues with the way they graded our back yard, how the sod is dead and is not growing. Trenches are so bad and even there is a sinking hole in our backyard where the gas line lays underground. The hole was never backfilled properly and then add all the water accumulation and you end up with horrible ruts and sinking holes in the back yard. Our neighbors house is ever worse and the water accumulates and settles up against her house less than 10ft away from the foundation. It settles so bad and creates the biggest pool that grass is not growing, only weeds and she even had water backing up into her pipes coming up into her bathtubs. The way the graded our yard and the house on the other side of our neighbors just has water mainly dumping into her yard where it just stays and pools up. We have contacted our City Engineer and the City Manager. They both came out and looked at our issues and they were not pleased with how Home Creations is developing our neighborhood(young subdivision under a year old). They advised us to send complaint letters addressing the issue with pictures and the national weather rain fall readings within 24hrs and to certify mail them. I sent on to the local office in Tulsa and also to corporate office in Moore. Got signed cards back from post office so I know they received the letters but it has been almost 30 days since letters were sent out and no one has even tried contacting us by mail, or phone call. We got a reminder card in mail for our 60 day warranty check up so I am going to schedule that and file my official warranty complaint for the dead sod and grading issues. The inside of the house is ok because upon buying house I paid to have my own inspector come through and Home Creations tried to play dumb about not getting my inspectors report and were shocked I had one because they feel that since their house is brand new there should not be any issues. Well my inspector found a problem with lifted shingles, a bad gas line in the attic not installed properly and a leaking bathroom pipe. So when we had first walk through with builder we held them to those repairs along with all the others and then by final walk through(day before signing) they had them done. The very next day we bought house and after closing drove straight over to house with our keys to show my parents the house and find that someone had backed into our garage door and dented it all up so we called them instantly and they came out to look at the door. They replaced 3 or the 4 panels in our garage door but it still took them 2 weeks to replace the panels and another 2 weeks to get them repainted. I am still fighting this battle on the grading issue and not giving up. I suggest you contact your city inspector and city manager and let them know you have had no success in resolving your complaint and see how they guide you. Our city officials were not happy with what they found in our neighborhood and told us that if builder does not respond to our letters and other attempts than we will then need to consult an attorney and file a civil claim against them. So this is not a fun ordeal but glad to know I am not only home buyer that is having this same issue.