Hillarys Blindsmis sold

Maidenhead
Berkshire
SL 63PU
[protected]

Order Number - CAH 1883 - 102 St Chands Road, Cox Green, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 3BA

I am writing on behalf of my mother Tina Norris, your Customer Services team called her to confirm I could talk to you on her behalf.

My mother ordered a carpet for her lounge, dinning room, hall stairs and landing. The sales contact Jane contacted a fitting colleague to be sure the carpet could be fitted around the chair lift when in situ and she confirmed that it could.

Jane suggested that, depending on traffic, the fitters would be with her around 08:00 on 22nd June. By 11:00 no one had arrived and my 74 year old mother had been sitting there for 3 hours without any contact whatsoever from the customer service team or fitters.

My mother called Jane to ask what had happened. Jane was not free so she spoke to Colin Alltree who told her the carpet fitters were not scheduled to come and what's more the fit was never scheduled to go ahead.

It transpired that the person who Jane thought was able to fit the stair carpet around the lift had left the company. It was also confirmed the reason my mother had not been called was due to her case "slipping through the net". This is totally unacceptable.

This carpet change was a massive issue for my vulnerable, 74 year old mother, who has been so excited about the carpet change and moving her furniture out. We were excited for her and it was great to see her so happy. I cannot believe that you have no processes in place to ensure that when an order is not raised - for whatever reason - the customer who made the order and has paid for the order is not told and has to go out of her way to be told that the order is not coming. One can only assume that if my mother had not have called, the company would not have had the processes in place to realise their mistake meaning that your company would have effectively taken money from a vulnerable pensioner without providing any service in return. This goes beyond unacceptable into a total disgrace.

On speaking myself to Colin, he said my mother had cancelled the order and it was logged as mis-sold. He also stated Hilary's had refunded her in full.

Colin seemed to think this was a kindness that we should have been delighted with. Delighted would have been compensation of an amount that would have alleviated the distress not a £50 voucher for Hilary's. You cannot possibly think that after the way you have treated my mother that she would ever purchase anything from you again. It was a final insult to the turgid affair. Indeed, even if she had decided to purchase something from you the voucher would have not covered the cost of anything from your company.

There are three clear failing within Hilary's that arise because of my mother's case:

1) Poor customer service - not informing customers of what is happening with their order
2) Having no processes in place to automatically identify when orders are not going to be delivered but payment has already been made
3) The aftercare you provide to customers who have made a complaint

I think you will agree that these are pretty sizeable failings and I think it is beholden on your organisation to provide a clear action plan for solving these issues.

It is also important that you provide my mother with suitable compensation for providing awful customer service, potentially taking her money without providing a service in return and very poor after care.

I look forward to receiving your response, with details of the action plan for addressing these three areas within your organisation.

Yours sincerely
Tracey McWilliams

I sent a recorded delivery email that has been signed for and on July 4th and nothing at all from the, in response

RESOLVED