Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Companynew printer instructions

E

Just bought a new HP printer, the booklet (E4W43-90021) stated "start here", step 2 "Connect" Download and install to connect and to go to 123.hp.com. I did that and a pop-up stated "call here", I provided my phone number and they called, they went to set-up my printer but said my internal driver was not working and that tech support had to remote on and fix the problem. It cost $99.99. Yes, I paid the money. Come to find out that this was not HP at all but techserv60. I think if I could had instruction that walk me through the set-up using the disc that came with the printer I may have avoided this scam.