Hewlett Package — bad service from hp authorized reseller
On 24/09/2006, I bought a laptop model hp pavilion dv8302tx from a hp authorised dealer & ndash; mobility square sdn bhd located at lot 3-2,3-3, & 3-3a, 3rd floor, low yat plaza.
2. I am sorry to tell you that this laptop was in defective circumstances where the cd-rom was occasionally idle and associated with the difficulties for the cd-rom’s open and reject function. Besides, I had tried several times to & ldquo;create recovery cd” but ended up with the screen pops out an error message: & ldquo;only a set of recovery cd allow to burn from a machine”.
3. I was harassing that whether the laptop I had bought from the hp authorised reseller probably was a second-hand laptop which might render the laptop not functioning in proper manner. Instantly, I made a call to hp centre to ascertain that the problems that I mentioned above would not occur in a new laptop.
4. For the first perspective, I conceived that if I purchase the hp laptop from the hp authorised reseller, essentially the merit that I gain should be more than the other consumers who purchase in other outlets regarding to my consumer rights and benefit (Pro-sales services). I understood that hp offers free exchange of hardware within 7 & ndash; 14 days from purchase should they encounter any problem. Hence, I felt relieved that I had made a wise decision to purchase my laptop from the hp authorised reseller. Convincingly, the problems might be solved without any obstacles.
5. Subsequently, I went back to mobility square sdn bhd and spoke to mr. Benny shim (Manager) with the expectation that he will in favour of me in resolving this particular problem. However he was insincere and reluctant to help after the sale of the laptop, and was avoiding responsibility for the problem. The first time I went down, I was conveying conversations with him through the sales assistant, and he agreed to resolve the matter face to face the 2nd time I went back.
The solutions they offered me are as follow: -
- create a recovery cd for me
Hp has comprehensive software support online, and I was not worried of solving the driver problem. However I was starting to suspect that I might have been conned to purchase a 2nd-hand laptop, hence I requested for a 1-to-1 exchange for a brand new laptop.
- send the laptop to the service center
I was concerned that my new laptop was not a 1st-hand model; hence I rejected the offer and insisted for the 1-to-1 exchange that I was entitled for.
- sorry, no new laptops available for exchange
I was dismayed to be informed by mobility square sdn bhd that hp has cease producing this high-end model as demand is low, and going to release with a latest version to replace it. Hence they do not have any inventory in stock for the exchange. Although I could understand hp’s standpoint, but I believe that I have the right to be granted a new laptop (If not the same model, could have also suggested another close model to me). Frankly, I would not mind to make additional payment for a new model since I have already spent so much time and money on this current defective laptop. I insisted for my exchange.
- ok, we’ll try to find
Eventually, mobility square sdn bhd agreed to find a new laptop for my exchange and I was required to return my laptop box at 4pm or else the exchange would not be possible without the serial number. I had left the laptop box with mobility square sdn bhd after my purchase, but I still have records of the serial numbers and documentation should they require them. Besides, is there any regulation for hp customers to keep their laptop boxes intact, else they are not entitled for exchange / repair / service / warranty?
- new laptop but display set. Take it or leave it.
I had paid so much for a 1st-hand high-end laptop, and was offered instead a 1-to-1 exchange for a new display set laptop by mobility square sdn bhd ? They also asserted that they would not accountable if there are any problems occurring in this display set laptop.
- to get a new laptop from other hp authorized reseller
The earliest reply for my new set is by tuesday, and they reinstate that they would not be liable for any other problem occurring after this incident. Since i’m under pressure and nothing I can do, thus I agreed to wait.
After this incident, I was concerned: -
My faith and trust in hp products and services were badly traumatized after this experience.
What are the consumer rights I am entitled for should I purchase through a hp authorized reseller? Do they follow the same service standards as hp or are they allowed to have their own service standard?
6. It may seem odd if such an authorised reseller continues in existence which on behalf of hp. Undoubtedly, this will definitely jeopardize the hp brand’s value as well as the image. I’ll enclose the recent blog’s comment which I discovered after the incident in order to ease your investigation on this matter.
7. Looking forward to your favorable reply on how I could get this matter resolved in the shortest and simplest way possible regarding to the consumer rights I was entitled for purchasing the hp laptop. Thank you.