Healthcare Revenue Recovery Group [HRRG]numerous phone calls about the paid charge

K Jun 11, 2019

I have paid $389.48 for my husband's hospital stay 8/27/17-9/9/2017 at Christus Spohn Hospital in Corpus Christi. I received the bill in July 2018 finally, and made promp payment on 8/7/2018 by sending a check #3177, which I have a copy of, by return envelope by mail. The check cleared my bank on 8/14/18. Monthes later, I started getting exact same bill, which I ignored, as I already made payment.

HRRG started calling and sending bill for this in Jan. 2018. I sent the copy of my check and bank statement that shows the check is cleared to them on Jan. 25, 2018. Even after that, I received so many calls from them. Received countless bills by mail, too.

I am sending them the same copy of the check ($389.48, check #3177) and copy of my bank statement that shows the check was cleared on 8/14/2018.

They will probably ignored them again... What a mess! But I am not paying the bill that I already paid regardless.

• So
    some dude named Dave Feb 29, 2020

Here's my main issue: I am a Disabled Navy Veteran, and due to some serious medical issues, I can not drive or operate a vehicle of any kind. Also, if I have to go anywhere outside a 40 mile radius from the main VA Medical Center (or VAMC, for short), or if I have a medical issue that arises, that the VA is supposed to pay for it.

Here's the tricky part, and it happens all of the time: If I'm taking an ambulance and/or as soon as I arrive in the hospital, I make sure to inform them in advance that I am a Veteran, and that the VAMC is to assume all responsibilities for all of my medical related issues. Of course, I'm ignored, until I am allowed to leave the hospital, and return home. BUT before I do leave, I want to find out where the billing office is located, and most likely, will be told to wait until I get a bill in the mail, then take care of it myself, from there on out. That is NOT true, as I've been informed countless times that I can arrange for any/all billing in advance, including the initial discussion with the billing office(s). I have some family members - and friends - in the medical profession field, in different cities and States, within the entire Country. All of them has confirmed that what I have been doing or have been trying to do, is the right method. Yet, these billing offices do not want to hear it from me, because that simply means that presents more work for them to do, but it's the most easiest way to do it, which is to contact the Miami VAMC, and arrange for them to take all of the responsibilities from then on out. They just refuse to do it, and put all this stress on me.

The two main medical issues that I have is/are that I have had epilepsy/seizures since October 1995. I've been on a medicine for this, that stopped working on its own, after roughly 15 years.
    This is why, even though I've been "seizure free" for enough years, that I do not drive at all, besides the facts that I do not make enough on my VA Pension to even look at a vehicle; and that I'd have to start all over basically from day one. I've had a learner's permit while I lived in Georgia, but I had my 4th documented seizure a year and a half after my Medical/Honorable Discharge on 15JUN196. So, after every new seizure, that puts me even further back on getting another learner's permit even further. I also had a grand mal seizure, where I was told that I was in a coma from about 1:30 pm on a Friday, and the next thing I know is that it's about 8:30 pm the following Tuesday. All that I know is what my family members and a friend, along with some of her family members had told me about it, and some of those things are not worth me repeating ever, at all. And, then there's the point that even though the medicine that I've been on since 2013 has been working, there's also the fact that it might stop working, at any given time.

The other issue is that I have type 2 diabetes, and my blood sugar levels has been from so high that my blood sugar monitor can not even read it. I've had it drop done to 39 once. When this happens, it's usually when I'm asleep. I will start tossing and turning, sweating badly, and am about to pass out. So, while it may look like I'm having a seizure, I am actually not having one, it's just what it looks like when my blood sugar levels have dropped rapidly, and in a short time period. I've even had it dropped from something like 105 to 65, in a five minute time period.

So, then this HRRG company finally buys the bill from whoever it is. Even on a bill that I received today, it states that, "some time ago, the health care provider(s) listed below, hired HRRG, LLC, to collect the balance shown below. Then there's the usual nonsense that they add to it, to make it seem/appear legit, when they know that it is NOT legit at all. They know it, and I know it.

And now, they claim that I owe THEM a total balance of the amount of $783.00, with a "ServDate" of 09MAR2019, which is well over a year now. Of course, I continue to ignore them, simply because what they are doing is illegal. Plus, they make it a point that they have not reported this account to any credit bureaus, but if it becomes transferred to an ARS service, which is a division of HRRG.

They CAN NOT legally report my account to ANY credit bureaus, because they can not break the law. Once again, they know it, and so do I.

But, it has not stopped any of the calls, the added stress to myself, and all this paperwork that they are wasting on complete nonsense. They are NOT above the law, and that the VAMC in Miami has already informed me, via emails and phone calls, has already paid the bill off. Plus, add to the fact all of the harassment issues involved from this so called HRRG LLC company, etc. So, they find it that it's okay for them to try and break the law, and it will all be a complete fraudulent on them. They just see it as dollar signs, and that' it.