Complaints & Reviews

worst customer service & scam return policy

First of all HealthBuy does NOT have any customer service phone number you can call. They only have a SALES...

scam

I had placed an order on Feb 15 night than I changed my mind and I cancelled it right away minutes later...

fraud

Do not purchase anything from this fraudulent company.

I ordered a 6 month supply of a product touted as being safe for long-term use for approximately $170, which after further research was the exact opposite recommendation from every herbal research company I read.

Within 5 minutes of placing the order, I called the main # to cancel the shipment only to find out the call center was unable to deal with any issues whatsoever besides taking your money. They referred me to the customer "care" center which did not have a live person that answered the phone, but rather placed you into voice mail. I left a message and four others at this point, with no return call.

After the initial order I promptly submitting the on-line "rma" form which required you to agree to pay $10 for each product as well as the shipping charges before submitting the rma form. I noted my lack of agreement with those policies in that form prior to submitting it. I have received no response in any form nor have I received a product.

With the lack of any customer service whatsoever and the complaints I have now read, it is evident that this is a fraudulent company. I plan to file a dispute with paypal.com and pursue other legal means.

m&m Mar 06, 2009

This fraudulent company is only interested in your money. Don't ever order from this website. Their 'Customer Service' doesn't exist. You can't call or email them. I've emailed them 4 times. No one ever replied. You can only place orders. Good luck trying to get a refund. FRAUD!!! SCAM!!!

• Je
    Jenn Mar 21, 2009

I have a number for them if anyone needs it

818-303-9314 extension 314

• Ad
    aditi Apr 04, 2009

i would also like to file complaint against them, i order 6 months pack, they didnot mail me any confirmation of the shipping and tracking number, when i called them up, the female was very rude n said they dont have tracking number and dont know whether the product has been shipped, finally i didnot receive the products
    so i'm planning to lodge a complaint against them

healthbuy.com - personal data misuse!!!

ATTENTION !!!

on Jan 26/09 I broke up early - did NOT complete order procedure on the web site, because of dubious checkout system.
They tracked me down, sent me an e-mail "...that they have noticed that I have not completed the order..." and offer me a 10% discount..."
More suspicious than before I went back to the link and closed it.
After that, 5 seconds later, they sent a 2nd e-mail ..."we thank you for your order...will charge your CC (no amount!)...shipping announcement..." !!!

The point is: they did not only track down my e-mail address for "follow up offer", they FINISHED the checkout "by them selfes" of (EVERY !!!???) BROKEN UP ORDER PROCEDURE !!!

Bcs. of my early broke-up, I even dont know yet how much they will/have charged my CC. Add. there is no kind of invoice, order confirmation, payment confirmation etc. available.
Sent 2 mails to Customer Support several minutes after the event by form sheet for explanation-after a day I got a mail ..."call us to discuss personally..."-----oversea!!!???
Answered by mail-will do in writing, refused the order, will not accept shipment, accused them of personal data misuse.

Would very much appreciate further informations about actions against this company. There must be something going on somewhere against them-this has to be stopped.

Thank you for your attention.

• Bo
    bobde Mar 07, 2009

Received the same bogus shipment after the webpage closed out. Received merchandise, seal was broken open, only 58 capsule (instead of 60) in bottle. If I do not receive proper credit, it will force me to file a complaint with my credit card company and with the department of weights and measures.

• Ga
    Gayle Russell Jun 07, 2009

I ordered a months supply of Thyromine - over $200 taken out of cc a/c, however, it has not arrived. I cannot contact Healthbuy in any way. I am very disappointed and don't know what to do. I live in Australia.

customer service

I signed up for free trial of bowtrol a colon cleaser. I "failed" to notice the fine print "If you don't...

rip-off

These people are such a rip-off. I ordered a product from them on November 1. On November 3, my account was charged the $49.95 (the amount of the product) and the money was taken from my bank accout. Weeks went by and I never heard anything from them.

I would try to call, but no luck ever getting through. On November 30, I contacted them by email to explain its been about a month and I have received absolutely nothing. They emailed me back to say that my prdouct would be shipped immediately.

I am now out of $99.90 on TOP of the $49.95 that I previously spent, which they kept by the way. I'm out $150 and never even got my product! What's worst, is that I didn't have that extra money in my account, so my bank account is overdrawn for reasons not my fault. Those who have Bank of America know that I will now be charged $37.00 for every single day my account is overdrawn. I'm going to end up out of hundreds of dollars all because of these idiots! As you can imagine, I have emailed them some very nasty emails, have not heard back just yet.

Please DO NOT order from these people! They are scammers!

• Qw
    qweenjules Mar 19, 2009

I wish I would have looked up this information before I made a stupid order!

• Ad
    aditi Apr 04, 2009

anybody willing to lodge a complaint against healthbuy.com

• Tb
    Tbay Jul 10, 2009

I had orderd from this company as well. It was a trial for me to see if the product really did work. It has not done anything it said it would bu have me on the toilet for days!!! (sorry so graphic) This company has charged my account for $99.95 for somethng they were not authorized to do. I have tried calling them and nver any response. I now have to go fight with my bank and try to clear this up and have them refund my money back to me in addition get a new card now because this company has my card number and may perhaps try and charge me again.

I am a sinlge mother with 2 children and can not afford company's to take advantage and steal my money from me. PLEASE PLEASE do not order from this company! they are rip offs and thieves!!!

• Jr
    jrouss Aug 04, 2009

Stay away, they sell your info and then put small added charges to your bill and call it insurance.

• Ba
    Baba123 Oct 29, 2009

I never ordered anything from them and now there are 5 charges from my DEBIT account all related to pills. One of them is from Healthbuy.com. The others are listed as Nutralogy, Slimquick, Vianda and AlliedW.com. Presumably they are all related, though I do not know how they got my information, as I have never ordered from any such places. I had to cancel my debit accounts and file information with the bank. Any guesses as to how they got my bank account information? Anyone else experience this having never ordered from such places?

• Am
    amcg Dec 02, 2009

I completely agree with what has been said and have been scammed by Heathbuy myself. I initially saw a customer review which said they had done a free trial for teeth whitening with this company and the way to get the best results was to use two teeth whitening products at the same time, one called ALTA WHITE and the other called IDOL WHITE. The reviewer said that she only paid for shipping and handling costs. I did the same thing and intially was charged the shipping and handling which amounted to about 12 Euros. The Idol white product arrived ok but the other product (which should have been Alta White) was something else instead called Teeth Whiten Tips! Then at the end of the month I got a shock, they also took 80 Euros per product from my account, thus a total of 160 Euros without my authorisation!!! THIS IS AN OUT AND OUT SCAM. I managed to contact the company in the end, which was very difficult because they only open Pacific Standard Time and not Greenwich Mean Time. (I am in Europe as you will have probably already guessed). I told them I did not appreciate the way they did business and I wanted a full refund. They told me this was not possible and offered me a refund of half the charges on each product. They said it would take about 3 days to process back to my account. Six days later I still have not received any such refund. I've since been anxiously reading further reviews on this company and have learned in some cases they take further unauthorised amounts. I have therefore cancelled my card like quick!! and have contacted my bank. As I used a VISA debit card I may have some protection, apparently you can do something up to 180 days after any transaction if you are unhappy. I am reporting the company to the police here in Spain. I am also going to report them to Trading Standards in the UK (Because I received my package from the UK office. I am then going to tell my bank to pursue this for me. If anyone else has had this happen to them YOU MUST complain. These people are con merchants and need to be stopped.

unauthorized charges

Healthbuy has a complicated and vague return policy. Read it carefully. They say they will refund your purchase price less shipping but actually charge a $5.00 per item restocking fee. I ordered one item, a six month supply that came in six boxes. I was charged $40.00 for restocking. Numerous emails and complaints did not produce a statement or explanation of how they came up with $40.00 for restocking one item, or even six boxes.

5 X 8 will get you $40.00. How did they come up with that? The item I ordered was returned because the website did not give enough information for me to know that the item was not appropriate for me.

My cost to read the products enclosure: $82.00!

• Valerie Dec 02, 2008

These people are such a rip-off. I ordered a product from them on November 1. On November 3, my account was charged the $49.95 (the amount of the product) and the money was taken from my bank account. Weeks went by and I never heard anything from them.

I would try to call, but no luck ever getting through. On November 30, I contacted them by email to explain its been about a month and I have received absolutely nothing. They emailed me back to say that my product would be shipped immediately. I check my bank account and notice that this company has charged me $99.90!!! They have charged me double the amount for what reason I have no idea. I have no idea how they justify this or why they did this.

Please DO NOT order from these people! They are scammers!

Tassos Jan 27, 2009

Hi,
    how is your case - did you find any solution?
    Keep posting here, every information is useful-Thank you.

• Ko
    Kowhai Oct 09, 2009

I have had lots of problems here, after threating them that I would go to the commerce commision and put them on our NZ programme Fair Go I finally got a responce back stating the terms and conditions and a phone number to cancel. A toll free number (886) 9288043 and if it's an international call that requires a toll then try Skype if you have it, will go through without charge. The health buy operater there would put in an email requesting cancellation and the refund.

It has taken me a week to sort this out and try to cancel with healthbuy, after trying within the 14 day trial period, by that time it's to late after following their link to cancel and comming across the option to cancel the 14 day trial ... in brackets stating this option is not available, when it should have been.

• Mi
    Michael Holden Nov 03, 2009

I purchesed 1 bottal of wartrol and I was told the price was approx $25.00 which included shipping and handling. After I placed my order I was told that I could buy a lifetime supple at the price of $25.oo and all I had to do was pay for shipping and handling. My order number was #1635983. I didn't pay any attention to the invoice at the time, but I was thinking about ordering another bottle, and when I looked at the invoice and it says I paid $49. 95 for 1 bottle, and that I would be billed another $49.95 for another bottle. It also says my credit card would be $99.89, plus $6.95 for shipping and handling. This is not what I agreed to and I want my lifetime free supply canceled if you can not get this right. Please do not charge my credit card any more money. Thank you for your assistance, please let me know by email at [email protected] If you find that I am right I might order another free bottle, please don't send another order until I have had a chance to look at your decision. Thanks again Michael R. Holden

stay away

This website will automatically enroll you in a reorder program that will bill you for the product and will not refund anything. If you don’t want to be scammed out of money then steer clear from this site. They stated I selected to be in the program but when I asked to produce my order indicating so they could not. They also didn’t respond to any emails with actual names of who replied. I have sent this product back and will never use this business again. They mention money back guarantee which is false advertising as for this scam service they don’t give you your money back irregardless of whether you selected or not.

• Ro
    rosemary rambo Oct 19, 2008

What about a class action suit? I had the same thing happen to me! I'm sure there are many more!!! I am working with my credit company to remove the charges.

• Ju
    Jules west Oct 14, 2009

I got caught by this too. I ordered a free trial of pills and got charged $13.90 for shipping to the UK. I then got another charge of $99.95 for the lifetime supply which I wasn't aware I had ordered. I can't get my money back because they say I didn't cancel within 14 days but this bit is hidden on the page where you put your credit card details in and by that time you are not reading any other information because you think you're read it all. It's a very clever scam and yes I beleive fraudulent but they are getting away with it, just my stupidity for not reading every word on every page but who does. Perhaps there are some out there who do. There is nothing that I can see in their terms and conditions though they keep saying it's in there. I've had to put it down to a learning experience. Goodness knows what can be done about these companies who scam you out of your money but I suppose the watch word here is READ EVERYTHING. I know this is what I should have done and have learnt from it but I have been in email contact with them but can't get anywhere. I spoke to my credit card company and they can't help either since it does state that I have entered into a lifetime subscription for this one off payment of $99.95. Needless to say I shall not be purchasing anything from them anymore and will let all my friends, and family know about this scam and hopefully everyone will get to hear about it sooner or later.

johns1 Oct 02, 2010

I agree with you, I wouldn't say we are people who are stupid, its just that we are not used to being ripped of by others. We buy things thinking that we are getting a good deal for our money, this company Health Buy has apparently been doing this for many years, they have been legally challenged, but they win because they say its in the term and conditions in the small print, they make it hard for people to contact them because if they have 100 complaint at $100, doesn't have to be long before its a tidy sum of money they have got for nothing.

• De
    Denisse from Denver Jul 20, 2015

I just hung up my phone after 'talking" for over 1 hour to an agent named VICTORIA . I had a pop up after making legitimate purchases that stated I was entitled to a free gift of a quit smoking product for $4, 99 for shipping and handling Approximately 1 week later I received the product I have not opened it I then received an email that $149 was billed to my credit card for MEMBERSHIP fees I did not sign any contract or authorize this to my credit card I then called Customer Service it took over 45 minutes for her to give me a website "THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT SITES" was her repeated answer She offered to do me a favor and refund 1/2 of my membership fee to CANCEL a membership I never ordered I repeatedly asked what I would get for my $75 and was told the CANCELLATION was what I was getting. I was placed on hold multiple times without her informing me of this I then told her "I will not hang up until this is removed from my CC. This did not stop her from putting me on hold I was told there was NO MANAGER to talk to Victoria would not give me the name of the company she worked for Just "CUSTOMER SERVICE" After telling her I had a witness to the conversation and over an hour of insistence on my part I was told the full $149 would be removed from my CC I am in hopes that this will actually happen but plan to call my CC and stop any payment. If this happens to you DO NOT HANG UP Keep insisting I also told her I would invest money for an attorney and I would write to the BB I am still not sure I have been successful But PLEASE do not accept any FREE TRIAL offer from this company This is a huge SCAM I would not receive anything for the $149 but a MEMBERSHIP which she would not give me a site to go to to clarify what that would entitle me to These customer service agents are trained well They just continue to repeat themselves and offer no actual information I offered to return the product and pay the shipping myself Was informed "this would not matter"
    Now I will wait If you have a dispute do not hang up, keep insisting that there was no authorization to use your CC and have a witness
    I will post later if CS agent Victoria keeps her word This was very stressful I have always known "Nothing is free" but thought this was a promotional gimmick so you would be a return consumer I also thought it was connected to my other purchases BE WARE of anything from this company!!!

incompetent service

7/19/08 complaint about healthbuy.com BEWARE! 5 minutes ago by Virginia Klein [send email]. Called to order Zetaclear product - at healthbuy.com - girl didnt give me her name, didnt say it was recorded, took my order and credit card, asked for shipping time - tells me 2 weeks, I tell her I need it express - will be traveling very soon, says she cant do that and gives me a number [protected] for customer service on Monday - this was early Sat morning, and hangs up - with no order confirmation number.

I called back - got Tia, Operat # 52841, got Joani - was nice but couldn't cancel it, noted the complaint. Now I'm writing to customer service monday by fax. Notice the other comments of what a poor and fraudulent company healthbuy.com is and am joining the WARNING about this order taking company. Beware!

Tara Aug 14, 2008

Horrible customer service. It is impossible to get a response from them. I received the product two weeks after I ordered it - too late for what I needed it for. I paid extra "rush" delivery of $6.95 and it was sent standard USPS delivery. I sent three inquiries because I thought it was lost. I finally got a response after I received the product. Now I want to retun it to get my money back and I want my extra rush shipping charge refunded, but you need a "return number" to do that. I requested one on Monday, no response.
    I think I also saw that they do refunds by check and deduct $5. It'll be a miracle if I ever get my money back. What a joke of a company!

Tassos Jan 27, 2009

Hi, did you pay with CC-
    please continue to post here-every information is useful.
    thank you.

• Ri
    ripped off Mar 03, 2009

I ordred the free trial which cost $9.95 but, I also
    see a charge on my card for $79.90! Didn't order anything but, the free trial. Sounds like a fraudulent business to me!

• Je
    Jenn Mar 21, 2009

I ordered a free trial as well 6.95, never got on email confirmation so I thought the order didn't go through, but sure enough on my credit card was 6.95, never got anything, couldn't find a number to call, so I went online and canceled everything and reported it to my card company. I got email confirmation that I would not be charged again, and guess what I was(imagine that) I looked at their list of pre made emails and nothing fit my problem, so I called my bank and disputed it they actually had a number for them and called them with me on the phone, they said they had a problem with shipping orders and couldn't say that I received anything, but would refund me full in 3-5 business days.

I have a number for them if anyone needs it

818-303-9314 extension 314

Joann Brooks Apr 13, 2009

I did that free trial offer of the teeth whitner and got screwed. The site said easy 24/7 customer service, but you can only do what they want you to do. The options you want are not there. I tried to cancel and order and could not, then when the order number appeared it was too late to cancel and it will cost me $10 to restock the item. I went back to track the order and of course there is a five day waiting period before you can track the order. I called the number on my credit card and got put on hold for 35 min. and never got to talk to anyone. I hung up and tried the call again and I got, it is after normal business hours and could not get anyone. I'm trying again today to reach someone, anyone. I wil.l let everyone know my results later

jackrabbit May 03, 2009

They never tell you what the dosage is. When you get the product, their 6 month supply is really only 2 1/2 months supply. There is no phone number to call and no email to respond to. I tried an email on one of the websites for the product Thyromine and is was returned as a mailer demon.

• La
    LaShawnda Summers May 06, 2009

I tried canceling the product an hour after purchasing and couldn't because they said it had already been shipped. LIE. They then put the cancellation in and said I had 15 days to return it . LIE. I recieved a shippimg confirmation 3 days later and the product 10 days after that.

• Am
    Amp May 12, 2009

They sell crap. Do not bother buying what they are selling. It is a complete rip-off.

fake shipping information

No customer service, no one pickup phone, on one reply E-mail, send out fake shipping information, don't...