Healthbuy.com (Scam)stealing money from account

Q

I ordered and agreed to the 21 day FREE TRIAL offer for $6.95 of Acai Berry supplement. I received my package and seen a double charge on my account so I called and they said the second charge was a ghost charge (which disappeared after a couple of days), then I told them I wanted to cancel because I didn't want the (ghost) second charge for whatever and they said I had to wait for the 21 days to be up. I called again a WEEK later to cancel because, again, I didn't want the (whatever they hook you into $79.90) and they still said I had to wait for the 21 days. Finally I got on the website and canceled it there (which I received an e-mail stating that it was canceled and I would no longer be billed). Then three days later my bank statement showed that they took $79.90 out of my account! I'm so sick to my stomach! I called and I waited on the phone for one hour listening to "please hold" bullcrap then I was disconnected. I called a different number and waited for 15 minutes till some idiot (calling himself HANK) answered. He told me I was too late canceling (which I wasn't) he said it was the day I canceled online yet that was the 21st day so I was too late and when I told him that I had called twice to cancel he said I didn't have proof so my tough luck! What a crock! If I could've reached through that phone he'd be sorry. I can't believe that this company just takes money out of people's accounts and are getting away with it, especially in these hard economic times. The company (which most of them are) is located in California. I think everyone should start e-mailing the Governor of California about Healthbuy.com and any other company taking money out of people's accounts. Also complain to the Better Business Bureau - we have to stick together and fight! I wish I would have seen or investigated that company before I did that. Keep complaining. I'm going to call my bank and tell them that there was an unauthorized transaction on my account, maybe they will look into it more.

• Ac
    acece Dec 18, 2009

They tried to charge my debit card after using trial teeth whitning. But luckily there was no money in it. They tried twice so far and emailed me about it. ### !

• Mg
    m goodwin Dec 02, 2009

I ordered a trail teeth whitening for just over £8 and 2 months later was charged £82. I called the credit card and they said it would have been in small print that I subscibed into an account and that was the fee and I don't know if they will charge any more fees!!!
    Worried I cancelled credit card and the credit card company said they could still charge me!! I have card protection so am going to call them next as am very concerned. This company are big scammers and fraudsters!!!

• Br
    bruce wiley Sep 09, 2009

hahahaha. you guys should have no business ordering anything online if you do not research the company you buy from.

• Da
    DarlingDeidra Jul 15, 2009

I am not from the US (Trinidad and Tobago) but a similar thing happened to me. I did not proceed to the final page for them to ship my order - I changed my mind. They acknowledged via email that I did not complete my order, yet took money out of my account anyway and claim to have shipped the products to me. As a non resident, who can I complain to. I realise that many people have been scammed by this company.

• Gl
    Gloria May 25, 2009

I received an email asking me to confirm I was on Autoship (which I do NOT want). There was no option to click a link NOT to be on Autoship.
    That led me to their online customer care service. After logging into my order, the option that said "Cancel Autoship" was gray and said "Option Not Available".
    I was on hold for 40 minutes with their phone #. When I finally reached a person, I was told to use the online service. I went to the Better Business Bureau site where they have a B+rating! I filed a complaint and will call my credit card company to prevent further charges or cancel my card if necessary.

• Po
    porky Apr 13, 2009

qweenjules:
    This is a little late, BUT...
    You should dispute this charge with your credit card company. Even without proof that you cancelled, they will cave in & the charge will be removed.
    That's exactly what happened when I did it. Good luck.

• Vo
    Vortexo Mar 30, 2009

I had the same problem. If anyone wants to take care of this personally. Here is some informnation that might get you on the right track. Get the owner:

Registrant [1324742]: