Hawthorne Management Company Logo

Hawthorne Management Company

Having problems with Hawthorne Management Company?

Hawthorne Management Company Customer Service Contacts

P.O Box 11906
Charlotte, North Carolina
United States - 28220-1906

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hawthorne Management Company Customer Service. Initial Hawthorne Management Company complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hawthorne Management Company above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hawthorne Management Company. Discuss the issues you have had with Hawthorne Management Company and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Hawthorne Management CompanyWorst hoa ever!

Angie King is an awful manager. She has a smart-aleck mouth with a condescending tone. She brushed off my husband's concerns when he spoke to her before I got into it with her, recently. I'm not the only one in the neighborhood who has witnessed this behavior from her and cant stand her or the company. She sends a summary to me, showing me where the money is supposedly going towards the community. It's very easy for me or anyone else for that matter, to make up things on paper, too. It seems Hawthorne management can't get a good manager for the neighborhoods or be a good company, period!

S
    Oct 07, 2020

Hawthorne Management Company — Property management hoa

Avoid using this company if possible at all costs. They provide zero customer service, refuse to fix...

Hawthorne Management CompanyTerrible property management

This company barely does anything right. The lack of common sense and the disdain for customers is appalling. They changed the system for getting the pool fob by making it so that you have to mail in a request for the key. We finally got around to doing that and they key came in the mail a few days later. The next day I go to the pool with the key and it doesn't work. Life guard tells me that they said when that happens, to call them. I call them and they have me standing outside of the pool I pay dues for for almost 30 minutes while they try to figure out why my key isn't working. Instead of them talk to the guard (which I suggested) to let me in while they try to figure out their own problems, they have me and my 6 year old stand on the outside of the pool area while they try to figure it out. They got the pool fob company on the phone and the company says it should be working, but it's not, but I am still standing on the outside of the pool in 90 degree temperature with a 6 year old. Unacceptable and inconsiderate! Even more reason for me to start looking for a new neighborhood since my neighborhood seems to think it's ok to put up with this kind of service.

• Updated by Michael1987765 · Oct 07, 2020

We were so happy to find & buy a beautiful renovated (by original owners) unit at Belle Vista Condos four years ago after having nothing but issues with "rental management companies" in SouthPark. Unfortunately, REALITY quickly set in. The Nazi HOA President who owned two units here but lived off premises made it his mission to abuse his power. He only visited the property to look for ways to fine owners. We contacted Chris Miller to complain the man didn't even live on premises and thus should not be allowed to be HOA President. Chris disagreed saying he managed MANY properties where HOA Presidents effectively did excellent jobs even though living off-site. B.S.!!! We also noted that this was advertised as a "secure, gated community" (it appeared that way - but then we discovered none of the gates locked)! Chris denied they called it "secure, gated". Thankfully, HOA Nazi President moved away, and a new President was elected. She seemed great at first but later deferred all issues to "putting a call in to Chris" despite so many of us complaining about him. There continues to be many safety/security issues. Many owners bought here to RENT, & the HOA didn't require them to do background checks before renting. Some owners rented to anyone who would pay what they were asking. Called Chris M. about a few VERY problematic renters making this place unsafe and miserable to live in. Many owners who rented weren't advising their tenants of any information passed on by Hawthorne, that owners should be required to advise Hawthorne regarding contact info for the renters. Most were clueless about everything. We made it our mission to post notices on entry doors to help these people. A renter known by everyone here to be a blatant drug dealer continues to live here! We continue to e-mail Chris & the current HOA board re: this & other issues. We again expressed concern that owners were not asked to do background checks on potential renters. Chris M. replied "we can't do that, it could be deemed discriminatory". How can it be deemed "discriminatory" if BG checks are required for ALL potential renters? Various notices have gone out from the HOA board & Hawthorne Management over the years. Rarely are any enforced. We have requested a full accounting of how our HOA dues are spent. Current HOA President, Deirdre K. has dropped the ball after giving us all initial hope. She no longer responds to e-mails. This is after beginning to only reply that she has to check with Chris, who continues to prove himself to be WORTHLESS AND INEFFECTUAL. My husband's latest e-mail to him was a "forward" of MY latest e-mail requesting a status update on drug dealer. He didn't reply to me, so husband told him he was rude, that I was an EQUAL partner in this purchase and that owed me the courtesy of a response. He also asked again for status of evicting drug dealer. Chris M. now says matter is closed unless he's offered "proof"! Marijuana smoke continues to come from that unit. Cars pull up in middle of night, someone rushes into the entrance next to dealer & rushes back out. Car speeds off. Husband originally followed up with Chris Miller back in May regarding drug dealer & he said "he thought they had already moved out". Said he'd look into it. Never did. The only thing Chris Miller does is tell you what he CAN'T DO for "legal reasons". This company is being paid "God only knows" how much and for WHAT? And it's not just Chris Miller, it's anyone we've spoken to at Hawthorne! Save yourself much stress & frustration, don't move to a property managed by them! Read the 1 star reviews, they are the ones to BELIEVE!!

• Updated by Michael1987765 · Oct 07, 2020

The building is falling apart and emergency services can't get in because the front door has been broken for almost 5 months. Still can't get a response email from Hawthorne but I sure get a reminder each month to pay my $189 dues.

A
      Oct 06, 2020

Hawthorne Management Company — Walnut creek hoa

Absolute worst HOA property management company I have ever dealt with. Things in the neighborhood are not...

S
      Jul 06, 2019

Hawthorne Management Company — rules for fines

hawthorne management fined me for not trimming a $175 on jun 19 2019, this was a genuine reason delay as it...

Hawthorne Management CompanyWorst ever

HMC is the worst company I have every expereinced. You read their website and it contains all kinds of claims about their wonderful customer service, expeerince and knowledge. NOT TRUE. They are the laziest bunch in the busienss. Cut corners every step of the way in order to save money for them. Never return phone call. Never follow-up properly. I have been waiting a month for them to return my calls. Don't use them. They are a complete ripoff company is their ever was one!!!

Hawthorne ManagementDeceptive * Immoral * Unethical * No Integrity

It would appear that Hawthorne Management Company staff go on various Rating and review websites and post 5-Star Glowing reviews of their company while real customers and clients mainly score them a 1 or 2. The company is owned by Joe Aiken and the Manager is Sam Hicks of Charlotte NC.

Hawthorne has 24 reviews made up of 16 people ranking them 1, 2 ranking them a 4 and 6 ranking them a perfect 5 out of 5.

Here is the problem. Almost all of the 4- and 5-Star Ratings were posted on August 8. More concerning is of these they were all posted sequentially between 9:03AM and 9:09AM. Then they were all refreshed and updated within the last few weeks to keep them on the top of the list. Is this a random 1 in ten million event in which a half dozen unrelated customers happened to create accounts, logon and post glittering reviews of Hawthorne, which are contrary to most of the poor reviews on the Internet. Or is this by design and staff members of Hawthorne Management Company purposefully deceiving the public, clients and prospective clients.

Just read the 4- and 5-Star review and they read as written advertisements. That is not the purpose of this site and it lacks any integrity, morals or ethics on their part. It is also blatantly lying and false pretending to be a customer. Hawthorne Management is an organization without class. No reputable company would ever do something like this. On other similar sites I found the same disturbing pattern.

K

Hawthorne Management — Unethical and Deceptive Company

Deceptive, Immoral, Unethical and lacking any Integrity. Hawthorne has 24 reviews made up of 16 people...

J

Hawthorne Management — Disclosing confidential Data

Sloppy, Unethical and irresponsible Company!!! My wife owns a house managed by Hawthorne Management Company...

Hawthorne ManagementNo Integrity from Top Down!!

The President, Founder and Owner of Hawthorne Management Mr. Joe Aiken is/was a North Carolina CPA, License #11760. However, the CPA Licensing Board states that Mr. Aiken "signed a Form of Practice affidavit stating that because the individual practices public accounting in a form not approved by the Board, he or she will not use the CPA title in any way." Yet, I found many references all over the Internet of Mr. Aiken being referred to as Joseph Aiken CPA. Does this company lack ethics, integrity and principles from the top down. I think they do. Don't call yourself a CPA if the authorizing body says you can't and you sign an Affidavit agreeing.No Integrity from Top Down!!

O

Hawthorne Management — Bad Business

10 Times More Complaints with BBB then Competitors!!! Hawthorne Management has 10 complaints with the Better...

B

Hawthorne Management - Joe H Aiken — CPA Licensing

No Integrity from Top Down!!! The President, Founder and Owner of Hawthorne Management Mr. Joe Aiken is/wa...

R

Hawthorne Management — Poor Service

The whole time HMC was the Association Management Company for our community we have had dozens of blatant...

H

Hawthorne Management of Charlotte, NC — Service

I would caution any HOA from doing business with this firm. I personally delivered my HOA dues to their Post...