Gym Company — unauthorised debit order of r300 for a one year membership contract
I signed a one year contract with the branch of Gym Company in Alberton paying R299 monthly because I relocated to Gauteng for business purposes only.
the contract commenced on the 1st of October 2018 ending October 31 2019.
I noticed that they debited an amount of R299.00 and when I complaint with the finance and administrative ladies they told that it is part of the contract to have a month to month contract after the initial contract has ended.
I was stunned to hear this as I had explained very clearly to the sale person at the time that I will ONLY stay in Gauteng for one year and that was the reason I was paying R299 instead of R199 per month for the gym. They are now using the different terms to keep me on their membership without my permission. I was last in the gym in April 2019 as my relocation back to KZN happened earlier that the planned date.
the Administrator told that they will not be refunding me the R299 that was debited and I must send a petrol receipt or grocery store receipt to prove that I am in Durban area. I found this disgusting and infuriating as this was not part of the contract I signed.
I need my refund as I need to join other gyms in my area and they must stop unauthorised debits.
More Gym Company Complaints & Reviews
- Gym Company - termination of membership 
- Gym Company - unfair blacklist 
- Gym Company - cancellation / arrears / they incompetent 
- Gym Company - refusing terminating my contract 
- Gym Company - cancellation of membership 
- Gym Company - fraud 
- Gym Company - membership
- Gym Company - fraudulent membership
- Gym Company - I never agreed to their contract now they busy debiting my account as they like
- Gym Company - account cancellation