Gym Companytermination of contract within the 60 day cooling off period

M

I joined the gym company (Baragwanath) in March 2017, but due to the kind of work I do I later realized that it wouldn't be possible for me to attend gym as I knock off late and wont have the time to attend, so I sent them an email on their website asking them to cancel my membership since I was still within the cooling off period. To my surprise they blatantly ignored my email and R300 was deducted of my account.

I am failing to understand whether these people actually know what they are doing or they are just out to get our monies.. what pisses me off the most is that when you call the gym they do not answer their phones are unattended.

And then after they steal my money, they then sent me an sms that my account was in arrears and that it would be handed over if payment is not made immediately.

CherishM May 31, 2017

Hi there, please drop me an email on [email protected] if you would like to sign a petition. A lot of people are complaining about the same thing but does not want to take action against them