Great Funspirit airline, shoppers advantage - airfare; membership account and monthly fee

S

I would like to share to the public consumer to promote awareness of this conspiring scam of the these three companies: Spirit Airline, Great Fun, Shoppers Advantage: I signed up with Great Fun on 2/21/15 as an offer when I purchased a ticket from Spirit Airlines, with the offer of $1.00 trial membership, with a $50 cash back for the airline reservation. Membership can be cancelled during 30 days trial period with no obligation, able to keep the cashback regardless membership is cancelled or continued. If choose to continue, $16.99 will be automatically charged to the credit card used to purchase the "airline ticket". Cashback was received in reasonable time but here comes the bad part...I started to notice around June that I am being "double charged" on the membership fee each month by TLG. I called "Great Fun" and cancelled (without noting the reason for double charges). I was just glad that this charges will stop! Oct when I received my September statement with TLG charges of 16.99 on the "double" again. I filed a dispute claim with my credit card and request a "lock" to prevent further charges from this merchant. I Called TLG as well to inquire about this recent charges after I had cancelled my membership since June. I was told that the membership I cancelled was only with “Great Fun” and not “Shoppers Advantage” in which “TLG” charges occur. This is the reason why I am getting “double charges”: 1 from Great Fun, 1 from Shoppers Advantage! But if they acknowledged the cancellation number I gave is for Great Fun, why still a double charge which evidently means I am still being charged again by “Great Fun” plus “Shoppers Advantage”. I also do not remember being informed by “Great Fun” when I first signed up with them they are in “partnership” with Shopper Advantage” and did not sign up with them as well. Neither the “Terms nor Conditions” of Great Fun failed to clearly state the “Shoppers Advantage” program as a partner. Being a busy person whether I doubted the first time I noticed I have double charges and wanted to inquire about this, I just couldn’t find time until now in order to devote my weekend scrutinizing and realizing that this is a complete conspiracy of ### between “Spirit Airline, Great Fun and Shoppers Advantage” When I called TLG Costumer Service, representative accommodate my request of cancellation politely (Kudos to him for that) and when I have further inquiries about the double charges, I was transferred to the Supervisor in which neither he acknowledge or not the issue of being ”uninformed” for the partnership of this 2 companies that would be charging me each time; to end this all he settled to “refund me the last 4 months of membership billed to me or the last 8 charges (being double charged) billed to me.” Again, I should acknowledge this Supervisor for handling this issue in a very courteous manner, as I understand both the Member Service Representative and the Supervisor are only “employees” of these “conspiring companies” that feed on scamming the consumers! Most of the services offered by all three companies are very low standard, not worth my penny at all! For these 2 employees, my advice to you…find another company that is more reputable and worth your loyalty of employment because they need you there more than them, don’t be a part of their scam!

• Li
    lienk06 Jan 10, 2016

I received the same request after I purchased airline tickets to receive a $50 rebate. I called but had this gut feeling. After giving name and address info, I asked more questions before they wanted to charge my account $1. I continued to ask some questions before declining. I did NOT give my credit card info. Will they still send me info, card or sign me up? I'm glad I didn't give that info. Something was off to me, but I wish I didn't call. Advice please?

K

Jorge Deleon Jul 21, 2016

Thanks guys for the posts, especially scamnailer. Signed up just yesterday for spirit rebate and trying to cancel today. No email notification or anything. Sounded funny so looked up complaints. One question? Did u at least get the rebate? Thanks guys

• Al
    alysadicr Apr 18, 2017

@Jorge Deleon I got my rebate! Just cancel your membership before the 30 day trial is up and you won't have a problem.

• Bj
    bjharris93 Jan 10, 2018

@alysadicr Did you get your rebate in the mail or was it on one of the two websites? Also, how long did it take you to get your rebate? Thanks!

Jorge Deleon Jul 21, 2016

Thanks for help guys, esp. Scamnailer. Trying to cancel today after that 50 buck rebaTe yesterday. Got no email accepting cancel. Had no idea of other company or double bill. Did u guys at least get rebate?

• Ye
    yeggy66 Jul 28, 2016

hi, does anyone know the number spirit gives you to call and get the $50 rebate with great fun, I have did it before with no problems. thanks

• Da
    Daniil Goldin Aug 31, 2016

Here is the link where you can access the great fun rebate form for spirit - I had to email them to get it

• Do
    donuts45 Jan 22, 2017

I did the same thing but didn't get the rebate and I'm being charged $15/month...contacted both companies (spirit & Great fun) was told the other had to cancel the membership...ughhh!!! Just want my money back.

• Al
    alysadicr Apr 18, 2017

Yes it is a little shady, the way that the companies do this. But if you don't carefully check your email inbox you probably missed the email from Shoppers Advantage. I cancelled my membership with Great Fun and Shopper Advantage before the 30 day trial ended, mailed in my rebate, and received the $50 check.

Carefully monitor your email and save all of your information from Great Fun and Shoppers Advantage. Record your membership ID somewhere to use for cancellation purposes.

It's shady, but not a complete scam. You just gotta be on your toes if you choose to give out your credit card info and partake in something like this.

james mcroberts Jun 02, 2017

Okay first off I work at the call center that takes these calls and I do this for a living so to say it's a scam it's not simply what we offer you is great fun with the first 30 days for one dollar with so many dollars in rebates and after that if you don't call to cancel we charge you 16.99 a month well there's an upsale to that called shopper or buyers advantage that comes with 20 dollars in gas rebates that is billed exactly the same but the two have different numbers to call and cancel so you have to call both numbers to get rid of those charges and don't say we scammed you because we are in India we are at Thomas L Cardella call center in Cedar Rapids Iowa and we have strict quality control of we miss one word in our script than we cancel the service for you and you don't get charged because of our bad information or confusion so again not a scam get yo facts strait

MaryAnneH Oct 24, 2017

Thank you ... I was buying it AND THEY were going to email me the information all of sudden after I gave all the information they said they would mail it and I would get it in 3 weeks.. Screw that ... I cancelled.. they better not bill me!!!

• We
    wendmyio Mar 29, 2018

@MaryAnneH I called to try to get rebate, but she asked my email and introduced this program; then I said, if it's not just the simple rebate, then it's fine, I don't want to join because it's my husband's credit card. The only info I gave was my email, nothing sent to me; so they won't bill us anything, right?

• Lo
    Lorelie Licup Padua Mar 09, 2018

Anyone have a phone number. I want to cancel coz I never received anything and I don't want to get charged.

• Jd
    jdr1489 Nov 10, 2018

I have some actual answers for ya’ll. The service is legit. If you listen carefully to when you call they explain literally everything, you just have to listen. A lot of people get tired of hearing & are so used to giving out their information that they don’t even realize what it is that they are doing. Shoppers/ Buyers Advantage is, like someone else said, a second service that is offered at the end of signing up for Great Fun, but of course you can decline the offer, but that is where not paying attention comes in handy to them because they get to enroll you in two services instead of one. If you’re looking to get the rebates just join GREAT FUN for the thirty days, but DON’T agree to the services of Buyers/ Shoppers Advantage because that is another service. Just please be aware of what you’re doing & what you’re giving your card out for.