Grant AcademyUnauthorized Check Card Debit

D

On July 31, 2008, my account was debited for $1.29. The following message was on my statement: "CHK PUR GRANT ACADEMY 00 O 249 E TABERNACLE ST [protected] NV 31Jul08 Trace# [protected] [protected]." I have no idea what this means, but I did not authorize Grant Academy to withdraw any funds from my account. I would like an immediate refund. How can I contact the company? Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.
Diane Ellison

• Mi
    misty renee lavender Jul 02, 2008

I ordered a cd rom disk and agreed to pay 2.29 for shippin and handling. When i got the cd and installed it grant academy google took 39.95 from my account without my authorization. When i called there the first lady hung up on me when i told her what i was calling for.

CHERYL Jul 10, 2008

I have no idea where this company is located or the immediate address but i assure you i did not authorize any payments to this company for anything! They gave me nothing and now i see acharge for 1. 00 and 39. 95. I immediately contacted my credit card company and had this transaction stopped!

Margaret Bareuer Jul 11, 2008

Withdrawal of $39.95 showed up on my checking account on 7-10-08. Have not done any business with them... Did not have phone @ to call.

Ryan R. Jul 11, 2008

Margaret Breuer did contacted customer service and resolved her concerns.

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. That is why we have the Terms and Disclosures posted on the sales site directly above or below the "Ship My Kit" Button depending on the site you order from.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that is directly below or above ( depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Google Money Profit™ CD and trial membership for $1.99 for Shipping and $1.00 for Handling/Insurance, after the 7 day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Grant Master™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy / Terms and Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "Growing Rich w/ Google". For questions, call [protected] M-F, 9am-9pm, EST.

For customer service you may call [protected] and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Google Money Profit CD comes with a 7 day free trial to our members website. Where we offer one on one live chat assistance and it teaches users how to make money using Google’s AdWords and AdSense Programs. Customers can use these programs to create Google AdWord-based Advertisements and place ads on Google searches using Google AdWords. They can do this either for their own sites or they can use Google AdSense to funnel traffic through their sites to other sites and get paid for the traffic they generate. It also comes with two fast action bonuses first is a 14 day free trial to Grant Master that give our clients access to our Grant Resources website that is normally a $39.95 monthly charge for a reduced charge of $7.95 a month; because you are already a member of another of our programs. This site offers access to one of the largest grant data bases. Where you can find both government and private grantors. It offers information from Dr. Porter who is a licensed and certified grant writer. The information that is offered through our members website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost thousands of dollars. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company that offers an online date book that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your cell phone. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at [protected] and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at [protected]@wskc.org or call me directly at [protected] and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Ryan R.

Maribel Canaan Jul 21, 2008

I have been calling that 800 number and it is not in service I want to cancel this stupid account and I wont a refund for the funds already taken from my account. I have been trying to contact this compnay for some time now and can not get anyone on the phone I have emailed and left messages to someone named Ryan at [protected] or email me at [protected]@wskc.org.

sally carapezza Jul 21, 2008

Have never heard of this company and I am being charged $39.95 for something I never ordered or received.

• La
    Lawrence Jul 21, 2008

I have been consistently trying to reach Ryan Riddle, and he does not return telephone calls.

The customer service number is also not helpful.

• K
    ~K~ Jul 21, 2008

I am with The American Grant Academy, LLC, and I have received numerous emails, and telephone calls complaining about deceptive business practices from "Grant Academy." Consumers are confusing my organization with Grant Academy. After trying to contact Ryan Riddle to no avail, I feel that I need to give the consumers several places to file a complaint. If you have tried to reach Ryan Riddle, or Grant Academy, and have not been helped, you can contact the following agencies and file a complaint. Maybe if enough people complain, Grant Academy and/or Raven Media will correct their practices.

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) (connects with the FBI)
    www.ic3.gov/preventiontips.aspx

« NCL’s National Fraud Information Center/Internet Fraud Watch »
    www.fraud.org/

• Ep
    Ephraim Jul 21, 2008

I found out from my credit card that I was charged $39.95 by Grant Academy for something that I did not know off. I really don't know what I am paying for. I called the Grant Academy several times but to no avail.
    How can somebody just charge me for anything I never ordered.

THIS IS A SCAM.

• Bh
    BHAM Jul 26, 2008

I was notified by my bank that a charge of 39.95 was charged to my account by Grant Academy - three days earlier I was also charged 1.29 from the same company, I order a CD for Google - for 1.29 send me by CD - however charges were made from an out of the country company for 1.00 and .03 from another company saying they were google money profit (this company is overseas some where) I am going to file an official complaint - IT ALL A SCAM TO GET INTO PEOPLE BANKING, CHECKING, CHARGE ACCOUNTS. - ALERT

• Li
    Lisa Jul 27, 2008

I have a $1.00 and $1.29 charge on my credit card. I called this company and they have had all my credit card info, phone number and address correct. They did not have a correct email address for me. Someone purchased a computer access program online using my info. I was sent a CD which prompted me to question why I received it.

• Li
    Linda S Jul 29, 2008

Two charges from Grant Academy appear on my account. The charges were minimal but the point is...I didn't order anything so I am not responsible for the charges. The check card is now cancelled. There are so many complaints against this company I'm surprised it is not shut down.

Sara Jul 29, 2008

I have a charge from Grant Academy. I never went to any website from grant academy or ordered anything having anything to do with grants. I also recieved 2 fraudulent charges from APL*ITunes and 2 fraudulent charges from SKYPE.com and WWW.SKYPE.COM. I don't even own an IPod, and I have no use for the services/product offered by Skype.com. I never ordered anything related to any of these charges.
    My bank refunded my money for the charges by APL*ITunes and the SKYPE charges without my having to dispute them, but the Grant Academy charge is still there.

The only things I have used my card for in the past 2 months is buying something from Petco, returning something to Petco, and using paypal.
    I have never EVER used my card on shady websites, or given out my information to anybody or any website that is not well known and reputable. My bank told me that I must have given it out to some site like "Find your classmates" or something. I'm not that stupid, and I resent the implication that I am.

I hope my story lets people know that these charges are not coming from stupidity. I am very careful who I order things from and I'm very careful with reading things when I give out my card info.

• Sc
    scamvictim Aug 02, 2008

This is the same crap comment Ryan Riddle attaches to every complaint. I also had 3 unauthorized charges to my Visa account this morning. 2 for Grant Academy and 1 for Blockbuster.com. I have never heard of or ordered anything from Grant Academy and because I never order from Blockbuster, all 3 of these charges are unauthorized and my Visa # was used without authorization. My Visa provider was contacted and these charges will not be paid. I cancelled my # and a new one will be issued at a $5.00 charge to ME.
    I am filing complaints with the FTC and the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) which connects to the FBI.
    I want to know where and how these crooks got my banking information. The Federal Trade Commission and FBI will hopefully provide me that information upon completion of their investigation.

• De
    DELLA WARNER Aug 04, 2008

STOP CHARGING MY ACCOUNT. I DID NOT GIVE MY PERMISSION.

• Ci
    Cindy Guide Aug 06, 2008

I too was just charged $1.29 without authorization, how did your reach this company?

Ryan Aug 06, 2008

There is no way for our company to get your credit card information unless an order is placed using your information. What most people do not understand is if fraud is perpetrated against you then it is also perpetrated against our company. We will assist you and law enforcement officials in catching the perpetrator of the fraud.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Google Money Profit™ CD and trial membership for $1.99 for Shipping and $1.00 for Handling/Insurance, after the 7 day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Grant Master™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy / Terms and Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "granacad1". For questions, call [protected] M-F, 9am-9pm, EST.

The Google Money Profit CD comes with a 7 day free trial to our member’s website. Where we offer one on one live chat assistance and it teaches users how to make money using Google’s AdWords and AdSense Programs. Customers can use these programs to create Google AdWord-based Advertisements and place ads on Google searches using Google AdWords. They can do this either for their own sites or they can use Google AdSense to funnel traffic through their sites to other sites and get paid for the traffic they generate. It also comes with two fast action bonuses first is a 14 day free trial to Grant Master that give our clients access to our Grant Resources website that is normally a $39.95 monthly charge for a reduced charge of $7.95 a month; because you are already a member of another of our programs. This site offers access to one of the largest grant data bases. Where you can find both government and private grantors. It offers information from Dr. Porter who is a licensed and certified grant writer. The information that is offered through our member’s website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost thousands of dollars. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company that offers an online date book that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your cell phone. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

• Ly
    Lynne Boldt Aug 08, 2008

charged 39.95 on credit card unauthorized

• El
    Eleanor Aug 10, 2008

I also have recently had a charge of $1.39 posted to my bank account. I have never heard of this organization. I have had my debit card deactivated. Frequently a fraudulent user of your accounts will charge a test amount, to see if you are paying attention. They will then use your card more freely. At the same time I had charges from Kodak.com and from Blockbuster. This organization is obviously party to fraud or being used for fraud by someone.

• Ho
    Hope Samworth Aug 10, 2008

My husband just recently retired, so I have been going over our financials more thoroughly to see where we can cut "fat" from our spending.

I just checked the last couple of months of our on-line bank statements and found:

1. an unauthorized charge of $39.95 by Grant Academy;
    2. two unauthorized charges of $9.95 each from NW-AG.com; and
    3. two unauthorized charges of $7.95 each from Grant Search.

Of course, I neither ordered nor received anything for this charges.

Now, I'll have to spend untold amounts of time to contact these rip-off artists, and demand they reverses these charges.

Then, I need to try and find an agency to whom I can report these frauds. I'm so mad I could spit!

• Er
    Eric A. Aug 12, 2008

An unauthorized fraudulent charge for $1.29 to Grant Academy showed up on my Visa card, along with other fraudulent charges from Apple I-Tunes, Blockbuster.com, e music.com, and some kind of online stamp website. This site appears to be a favorite place for people to place fraudulent credit card purchases.

• Wa
    wade m. Aug 14, 2008

I also received 2 charges on my account from Grant Academy, and 1 charge from ITUNES I have never been to any Grant Academy websites or do I own an Ipod. The card that was used for the charges is only authorized for payments to AOL for monthly services, the card has never been used anywhere else.

I also got charges from Blockbuster.com.

• Ss
    S. Simanton Aug 22, 2008

I have also received 5 charges from "Grant Academy" and "Grant Search" over the past month, which I did not authorize. I cancelled my credit card because this is obviously a fraud. I have never requested goods or services from this company listed on my credit card statement as an 800 in Nevada. My phone calls to this number gets only "You remember? You order this money market information" in a heavy oriental accent and continued insistence that I gave them my credit card information--which I did not! Clearly a fraud, using stolen credit card information.

• St
    Steve Aug 27, 2008

Charges from Grant Academy started appearing on my credit card without my having had any contact with this firm. I'm grateful that Citybank's early warning system caught this fraud early on. However, it's a nuisance to have to close one account and open a new one.

Ryan Sep 03, 2008

Ryan R.

• Lw
    L.Walsh Oct 13, 2008

By the way, did anyone google the address above? It's an apartment complex!!!

• Lw
    L.Walsh Oct 13, 2008

Address does not exist
    Grant Academy
    164 Galway Dr #14
    Mooresville, North Carolina

• He
    Herbert Cook Mar 03, 2009

This scam has been making unauthorized deducts of $39.95 from my Discover card account since Oct 2008. Their phone line is always busy -- can't get thru to them. No provision on their website to contact them.

Herbert Cook

• Ev
    everydayhero2349 Mar 29, 2009

i never odered any thing either and still im being charged with 39.95 charges too please help

Ryan Sin Dec 27, 2010

Jeremy Johnson FTC lawsuit is valued over 500 Million dollars.
    - Jeremy Johnson and Todd Vowel are actively involved in money laundering. Jeremy Johnson, Todd Vowel, Jason Vowels, Bryce Payne, Jason Peterson, Paul Ford, Duane Fielding, Ryan Riddle are all MAIN TARGETS in a criminal investigation from the FDIC for money laundering and processing casino games.
    - Jeremy Johnson has over 10 million hidden in the mountains of St George
    - When Jeremy Johnson is finished scamming his victims from millions, he than sells the consumers credit card information to Jason Peterson in Tampa Florida.
    - Jeremy Johnson has illegally paid Mark Shurtleff thousands of dollars through various “ shell companies” along with Cory Pulsipher the active sheriff.
    - Jeremy Johnson has lost over 15 million gambling at Wynn Las Vegas.

Contact Jeremy Johnson directly: [protected]
    Contact Mark Shurtleff [protected], [protected]
    Contact Bob Bennett : [protected]

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices