Grand GetawaysGrand Getaways is a big rip-off!

I bought Grand Getaways in St. Martin and according to the US office they are not connected, yet now I am a member. I purchased this travel club to eliminate my traveling problems,(which is what they promise). When I called for airfare, it was priced higher than right off the internet. They had no travel locations available when requested, yet the other travel agencies had plenty. They say they can sell your timeshares with no problems, yet after you pay the money you don't hear from them again. If you call the sales office after purchasing, they claim they satisfy 87% of the time, and I guess I fell into the 13%.

Resort Solutions (supposedly the company that sells your timeshare for you) is probably a one person office that takes your money and doesn't even say thank you. When you call her from the Grand Getaways office to see if she can sell your timeshares, she tells you that they would sell easily because you paid so little, add a couple thousand and in 3 months they would be gone. Six months later, she states they are overpriced and won't sell.

Grand Getaways is a big rip-off.

• Bo
    Bonnie Yeomans Sep 04, 2007

We were victimized on ST. Maarten in June 2007 by Grand Getaways Vacation Travel Club and lied to about interest rates and services. Do not buy.

Cheryl Cohen Sep 07, 2007

At work, I received a fax from someone who almost became a victim of Grand Getaways. The potential customer was told that a 7 day cruise in an "economy" cabin with bunk beds costs $3000. That is untrue! If you look at ANY legitimate cruise seller such as Vacations To Go or Cruises Only, you will see how much this vacation truly costs and know how much Grand Getaways is stealing with its grossly inflated prices.

• Tr
    Trestin Sep 14, 2007

My Grand Getaways vacation was the best experience I ever had. I loved the fact that I was able to book all my travel through there easy to use website. I have been a member for Grand Getaways for two years and always use them for traveling. I love the fact that I know longer have to pay full price on a vacation.

• Li
    linda Dec 06, 2007

I am a happy member of Grand Getaways since 2006. I thank Grand Getaways for bringing happy days to our lifes. Now we able to vacation 2-3 weeks each year for very cheap prices. My wife and I are very flexible so we enjoy taking advantage of Last Minute Deals which only cost us $200 a week. Grand Getaways changed my life!

John Camacho Dec 13, 2007

IF ANY ONE CUT PLEASE HELP MY GIVING MY THE PHONE NUMBERS OR THE WEB PAGE OF GRAND GETAGAY VACATION CLUB I WILL BE THANKFULL. IM A BEMBER BUT IS NOT WAY TO GET CONTACT WITH THEM. THANKS A MILLION.

• Na
    nayra Schlecht Nov 11, 2008

i got rip off by grand get away call the police and call chanel 10 came out on the news but it still been a year and they never remburse me my $7, 995.00 in 2007 reported them to better buisness, chanel 10 had an inteview with the owner and he never show up, i dont know how the state atthorney doesnt arrest these people, and make him pay back all the money they have stole from the people.i wont sleep in peace until this happens.

Tammy Amoroso Dec 29, 2008

CONSUMERS BECAREFUL, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! GRAND GETAWAYS VACATION CLUB aka Coast to Coast Grand Getaways Vacation Club aka as many many many other alias

We've been fighting with the nightmare company for a year now... We put the charge on a credit card and we are now refusing to pay it... Since my last complaint in here... The one and only vacation Grand Getaways booked us on wound up being a total nightmare... We asked to go to Sandy Beaches at Rocky Point in Puerto Penasco Mexico... They told us the Condo was at Sandy Beaches in Rocky Point... They lied to us and booked us 30-40mins away from Sandy Beaches...

Not only did this take months to make this reservation with them... They also managed to destroy our summer vacation...

As for our family members trying to use the nightmare Grand Getaways Vacation Club... They too received the run around by them... Our family members gave up and booked it themselves at way better rates...

Instead of purchasing into a scam like this use Redweek.com they have great deals for everyone...

• Pf
    pfalls Jan 22, 2009

We were also scammed in St. Martin by this company. After paying $14, 000 and yearly $199 for dues, we have absolutely NOTHING to show for it and certainly no deed or even a vacation from this deceitful company. We called Scott Whittle and asked that we be refunded our investment and were told no way. We were served alcohol during the presentation and then joined under duress. This was the most awful experience of our lives. We will take further action and hopefully sue them. If anyone else wants to join us, please let us know.
    Pam and Dave Falls, Poquoson, VA

• Ge
    getaway vacations Feb 13, 2009

This company should be carefully investigated for illegal activity. We cancelled after a day and got a partial refund. They have you sign a paper saying that they will keep a portion of your payment even if you cancel within the 3-day grace period. I didn't think you could sign away your rights of protection under the law this easily. My advice: Stay away from this organization!

• Ji
    Jim O'Brien Mar 09, 2009

While I can sympathize with the people who are not happy with their experience with Grand Getaway Vacations, I am very satisfied. IN fact, my wife and I were trying to book a trip for our 20th anniversary and couldn't get a beach front condo in Hawaii at all for the week we requested. Scott Whittle, the CEP personally got involved and within 48 hours we had a 2 bedroom villa on the beach for $429!
    Thanks to Mr. Whittle and the Grand Getaways staff we were able to have the time of our lives.
    Obviously, there are always people out there that have had a bad experience but they are the ones that complain the most. Its because of people like Scott Whittle that compelled me to post on the blog. He made a difference in a large company when he didnt have to get involved at all.
    Jim O'Briens
    Palm Coast, FL
    USA

• Tr
    trudie Apr 15, 2009

We also were sold a package from this company costing $6000.000 with the promise of a week in mexico with a value of $2500 but when we sent the form to claim our holiday we heard nothing back and are still waiting. We booked a holiday to orlando but all that was on offer was westgate lakes in kissimmee. Certainly not the top class accommodation promised from the salesman and no cheaaper than if I had booked it myself. As we are from the United Kingsom we do not know if there are any consumer protection laws. I have now received an email demanding $199 membership fee for the year. I will not be giving anymore money to these people and warn anybody else to be aware of these unscrupulous people.

• In
    Intelligent Consumer Oct 06, 2009

I purchased my Grand Getaways Vacation Plan 2 years ago and we have been very happy with the prices and quality of resort vacations we have enjoyed. We have stayed at top resorts for less than $400 FOR A WHOLE WEEK for SIX PEOPLE (that's right, less than $400 for a three bedroom luxury unit for ALL six people). A looked on the internet for similar accommodation and did manage to find the same resort but that was advertised at $180 per night (i.e over $1, 260 for the week!).

I also own two weeks of timeshare which we have had for over 10 years now. My timeshare offers similar accomodations but here I pay about $1, 500 in maintenance fees for the two week, plus about $150 each time I exchange a week, plus my exchange membership of about another $100 per year. If I had the choice I would switch my timeshare for more Grand Getaways anyday. Still, both are better than the alternative, which is paying retail.

The way I see it is that all these 'unhappy' people who are complaining really a are a very small (but vocal) minority of Grand Getaway Members. Scanning through their hard-luck stories it seems that most of these 'poor' people made rash decisions or perhaps were mislead by a sales person who 'painted' and overly optermistic picture. GET REAL PEOPLE! If you can't read English and don't understand what you're signing up for, then don't jump-in and cry later. Also, don't confuse Grand Getaways with some of the marketing agancies that sell for them. They are NOT one and the same.

• Hi
    high pressure Oct 10, 2009

A friend and I went to a presentation today. She was obviously targeted as she is a senior citizen, a world traveler and was chatting about her trips with one of the reps. They left me alone ! After the presentation, they relentlessly hounded her to join. It was horrible. The top guy whose name I can't remember came over and was so close to her face that we were both very uncomfortable. She was being polite and telling him that she never makes major decisions on the spot and wanted to think about it. He wouldn't hear of it - citing her income and questioning what she did with her money. She told him her finances were private and she felt that he was pressuring her. He slammed her application on the table and angrily told the female rep, "Get this woman out of here." It was unbelievable.

• Ar
    Armbruster Feb 07, 2010

Is it time toorganize a class action lawsuit?

• Ar
    Armbruster Feb 07, 2010

Is it time to organize a clsss action lawsuit agains Coast to Coast Grand Get Aways?

• Sl
    slash069 Feb 12, 2010

LOL, i signed up for this membership 10 years ago, paid my fees, and promptly cancelled. I then moved 1500 miles away.

They tracked me down and have now been harassing me for the past 6 months and tell me that my membership is perpetual and cant be cancelled.

What a joke of an organization.

• Ke
    Keep speaking out Mar 01, 2010

My parents lost $7, 000 to this scam.

It's obvious the positive posts about this company are planted by the company rather than satisfied customers. I'm not sure how these companies get away with stealing.

Keep getting the word out. Do whatever you can. This is the only way we can assure these companies not only go out of business, but also don't resurface.

• Le
    lee82 Jul 20, 2010

It is a scam. You have to keep paying fees for your 'free holiday' and you can never speak to a human being. This will be a real hassle when trying to claim you prize.

If someone is offering you a free holiday to attend a presentation, it will end up costing you about $250 each to book a trip on a date you don't want.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

• St
    Stinson Sep 20, 2010

SCAMERS!!! STAY AWAY FROM THEM

• St
    Stinson Sep 20, 2010

Me and my wife went to Little Harbor in Ruskin for one of their presentation. Mark Biondi was the speaker, lying about going to the war, just to impress us. Just because he forced us, we had to give him $1250, and then made it hard for us to cancel. They are now in Ruskin, FL. Please, stay far from them, they will take all your money

• Yo
    yokawa16 Sep 25, 2010

its not like that, , thers no presure selling on the presentation, , , if u want to tke advantage, , then go ahead, , but if u dont want, , then get rid of it, , u r still grnted to recieve a vacation package., , me and my wife got home with a big smile..

Conned Canuck Oct 27, 2010

Just attended a "presentation" Bahia Principe Ambar in the Dominican Republic. Thought we were buying into the Bahia Principe Vacation Club. It turns out that Bahia Principe Vacation Club does not exist but is just another name for part of the Great Getaways or Coast to Coast Network or RCI. This incident has left me completely disillusioned about the Bahia Principe organization entirely. Why would they want to damage their corporate image and credibility by associating them selves with a group like this.

I am judging by the various comments above that my chances of getting a refund from these people is slim and none. However I will persevere.

Conned Canuck Oct 27, 2010

My wife and I recently attended a "presentation" at the Bahia Principe Ambar in the Dominican Republic and paid a deposit for membership into the Bahia Principe Vacation Club. I have since discovered that the Bahia Principe Vacation Club does not exist but is merely another name given by the groups Go Grand Getaways, Coast to Coast Travel or RCI. I feel completely disillusioned by the fact that Bahia Principe would actively support these groups, given the damage they must be doing to the Bahia Principe's reputation and corporate image. The "presentation" lead us to believe that we would be dealing directly with the Bahia Principe hotels for future reservations, this was stated not just implied. We feel completely ripped off and unfortunately hold Bahia Principe partially responsible for the chain of events as they are acting as a front for these scam artists. I feel pretty stupid myself for getting conned the way I did.

Considering most of the commentary above my chances of getting a refund will be slim and none, however I will try and post results if any.

Mary L. Goddard Oct 28, 2010

Several years ago my husband and I purchased a package deal from Grand GetAways in Daytona Beach for $6, 000. We received a very lovely binder with all the many things they would do for us. We are in our 70s and love to travel. Well, we certainly got taken. We were promised a trip to Las Vegas for purchasing this package. We made the reservations and paid the required downpayment. The airline tickets never arrived. They sure gave us the runaround when we tried to find out what happened. No one took the responsiblity. We decided to cancel our package deal with them but after trying and getting nowhere we decided it wasn't worth the frustration. I received a call from one of their account managers today after all these years and was told that a Coast to Coast Corporation was taking over Grand Getaways and that we were still members with $8, 000 equity. After his spiel he wanted me to pay a $199 fee and asked what credit card do you use? I asked if he wanted my credit card number too and of course he did but I would not give it to him. All I wanted was my money back. My husband passed away two years ago and I can make my own travel arrangements. Grand Getaways certainly has a bad reputation and I hope word gets around--it is a an outright scam and they should not be getting away with this.

• Mb
    MBiondi Nov 06, 2010

My name is Mark Biondi and i am The project Director for Coast To Coast at Little Harbor Resort in Ruskin..As Coast To Coast Continues to build its Solid reputation i am proud to be part of this company and even prouder to be able to service almost 400k happy members world wide. Ocassionally on these sites you will see inaccurate information. As i was browsing this site i saw a complaint by a member name STINSON claiming that he and his wife came to my presentation and i Lied about going to war to impress him and his wife..Well here are the FACTS, I am a United States Marine Corps Veteran, served 24 Months in Iraq and Afgahnistan and i was also awarded the Purple Heart for being wounded in combat last July. Down Below is a picture of me when i was on deployment, its just shows how some people like to tell inaccurate information just because they are upset with there own lives. So Mr.Stinson if you are reading this, Thank you for insulting a US Veteran, and if you would like you can also Google my name and will see pictures of me with Congress in Ny and Washington DC.

Conned Canuck Nov 17, 2010

Many thanks to Gran Bahia Principe staff who helped me get a full refund.

• Fr
    Fraud Exposer Jan 11, 2011

Dear Mark Biondi,

Why do your phone reps not observe the Do Not Call List? Someone as patriotic as you seem to represent yourself should be glad to have the company you work for observe the law of the land. It would also help if you had people who could speak English properly. Why don't you hire unemployed people in the United States, insted of outsourcing your phone call center. Is that too much to ask from someone who alleges he is a decorated war veteran? The picture you submitted could be of anyone.

Cheryl Watson Jan 19, 2011

DO NOT BUY!! HUGE SCAM! We recently bought into Grand Getaways in Kissammee Florida. We realized before we were even done signing the paperwork that the sales reps were not being honest with us. We should have listened to our instincts then, but we were excited at the idea and figured that the gifts alone they were offering us were worth the 7000 dollars. Thankfully, we did some research when we got back to our hotel room and realized we had been scammed. We decided to use our right to cancel within three business days. When we went back to the office where we bought the package on the third day, we were given the run around. As it turns out, we were refunded a portion of our money, but they withheld almost 2, 000 dollars for our room upgrade that they gave us when we purchased the package. We did not ask for this upgrade, and would have never bought into their club if they hadn't lied to us about the incentives. We already had a room, and didn't need to upgrade. Also, our upgrade would not have cost nearly that much money. It is obvious that any postive reviews on this site are placed there by the company. I feel bad for people who are being scammed. Most people probably don't look into it until after they have returned home and by then it is too late. THis is most likely the reason that they INSIST you meet with them at the begining of your vacation. We have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and we plan to follow up with Bank of America. They use Bank of America to finance their customers, however, they lied about the interest rate as well.. They offer a low interest rate but fail to tell you that your interest rate goes way up after 30 days. STAY AWAY! If you have already bought and you are within thirty days, use the law to protect you and CANCEL. I don't know how these people sleep at night!

Cheryl Watson Jan 19, 2011

Thank you to the all the people who posted honest reviews. Thanks to all of you, we read these reviews while we were still at our hotel and took andvantage of our three day right to cancel! We discovered after reading the reviews, and a little research, that these people are SCAM ARTISTS!! STAY AWAY!!!

• Gi
    Ginatwu03 Jan 27, 2011

The people on here on giving positive comments to Grad Getaways are obviously employed by them. My first experiences with them was booking a hotel room for the "best" price which late we found out was higher than what they charged for directly booking the hotel.

For my next experience, we went on a "free" vacation to Cancun. This was my third trip to Cancun and by far the least enjoyable. We had to pay for our airfare when we arrived we told Grand Getaways did not pay for the taxes of the hotel room, so we had to pay over a #$100 a night. The hotel was down right skanky. We literally saw roaches in our room.

I would like to take this as a lesson learned, but these "vultures" keep harassing me for their $200 membership fee. I receive a phone call everyday to collect their money. Today, I was called at 7:30 in the morning with a man berating me saying I signed a contract. If anyone is interested in a lawsuit, please email me [email protected]

• Pj
    PJCOM Feb 01, 2011

ME AND MY WIFE BOUGHT INTO THE "GRAND GETAWAYS" PROGRAM IN ORLANDO FOR $5995. WE WERE BOTH EXPERIENCED TRAVELERS! THE DISCOUNTS PROJECTED WERE 50%+ ON CRUISES. COME TO FIND OUT THEY WERE AROUND 25-40%. WHICH WORKS OUT. I THINK HAD THE SALES PERSON HAD TOLD US THAT WE STILL WOULD HAVE JOINED, HE DIDNT HAVE TO PUSH THE SAVINGS. I UNDERSTAND THAT THEIR ARE PEOPLE THAT FEEL THEY HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BUT I HAVE TO SAY THEIR ARE SOME SAVINGS IN THE PROGRAM. NOT 60% ON HOTELS BUT 25% IS 25%! I FEEL FOR THOSE THAT SAY THEY HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BUT USE IT IF YOU HAVE IT. SOME PEOPLE I THINK YOU CANT MAKE HAPPY! HAD I READ ALL THESE COMPLAINTS I PROBIBLY WOULD HAD CANCELED. IM GLAD I DIDNT! I BOOKED A HOT WEEK FOR $199 IN VEGAS. THATS A STEAL. SO FOR ALL THOSE THAT FEEL THEY HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF SORRY, BUT I MUST SAY MY WIFE AND I ARE VERY PLEASED SO FAR!!!

• Hi
    HIGHLY FAVORED Feb 26, 2011

I THANK GOD I'VE READ ALL THESE REVIEWS BEFORE I WENT FOR THE PRESENTATION TODAY!!! I BELIEVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE COMPLAINTS AND NONE OF THE POSITIVE ONES LISTED. PEOPLE... GO WITH YOUR GUT FEELINGS AND READ, READ, AND READ AGAIN ABOUT THE REVIEWS "BEFORE" YOU EMBARK OUT TO SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THESE SO CALLED "COMPLIMENTARY" TRIPS. I THANK EVERYONE OF YOU WHO POSTED THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS COMPANY!! I PRAY OTHERS DID AS I DID AD AVOID STEPPING FOOT INTO THIS "GRAND GETAWAYS"! BLESSINGS TO ALL AND I PRAY YOU "ALL" GET YOUR DUE MONEY BACK!!!

tac4hymn Mar 12, 2011

Is there a plan in place to get an attorney and follow through on a lawsuit, my husband and I would be glad to organize one...Scott and Theresa C

tac4hymn Mar 12, 2011

how do we get involved with a lawsuit...thanks, scott and theresa cianciolo

Tara G Mar 14, 2011

My father was taken advantage of with this horrible scam! Honestly, if anyone is willing to start some sort of law suit against Grand Getaway Vacations...please, please let us know. I get very irate when companies take advantage of the elderly. I documented every single attempt at communication with them and am willing to stand up for my father's rights, not only as a senior citizen, but also as a consumer that was robbed for thousands of dollars.

• Bi
    Bill Gillam May 28, 2011

From Bill Gillam, 74 year old retired Army LT Colonel. 6 Masters Degrees, been to 98 countries/territories and all 50 states. Viet Nam and Cambodia, Jan - Dec 1970. 4 Bronze Stars, 3 Air Medals, 465+ combat and combat support helicopter missions to fire bases and 3 combat air assults. Door Gunner for 5 hrs one day. On 4 occasions saved a total of 19 lives. I am not stupid, inexperienced or a coward. I have been on this for 3 years. Suing CCGG in Small Claims Ct in Sarasota. In a mediation I was offered 5 free years and another week. What was my answer? I don't affiliate with liars, robbers and fraud.
    I am going to establish a non-profit organization and go after these companies that conduct fraud and rob us of millions.

I was also lied to and ripped off by Coast to Coast Grand Getaways -CCGG- in Aug. 2007, Chesterfield, MO. Cost me $5, 900.
    Not one thing presented and promised was true. Right out of CCGG literature and brochures. Eddie Lopez of ghost company Premier Getaways was the presenter. Premier Getaways was suppposely in Orlando, FL. per Tommy Middaugh, Quality Assurance manager of CCGG. No longer there. Tommy Middaugh stated he had worked with Eddie Lopez previously and within a few months of the presentation he was working with CCGG at the same location. He is no where to be found. He and Tommy have all the answers. Kelsey Vandeventer of Grand Incentives, 7560 Commerce Court, Sartaota, got the license for Premier Getaways to make the presentation . GRAND INCENTIVES is on the building in very big letters and owner or CEO is Grace Martinez, wife of Jose Martinez who is the CEO of CCGG and is in the same building. My credit card payment went to Chicago Title Grand Getaways in Escondido, CA. and after a couple of days the money went to Preimer Getaways. Paid their expenses. The person responsible for Chicago Title comany and transfer was actuallyBrenda Cooley, Grand Incentives, who also works for Grace Martinez and is also at the same address in Sarasota. That info. was provided by the BBB of San Diego. On 13 May I was in San Diego and went to the address and Chicago Title was on the building. The receptionist said she never heard of Brenda Cooley. The 2 free cruisses were $836.00. Took 14 months to get and low season only. All I could select was the departure port. Ship was ok but the stops terrible. Worst stops I ever made. It was booked by Joan Sweiderk of Grand Incentives, again same building and worked for Grace Martinez. Week resort was to be Sunset Lagoon in Cancun, MX. a $2, 250.00 a week resort. Stated 2 times in literature and presentation. When confirming, Lew, the CCGG cordinator, also same bldg and works or Jose Martinez, said it was the Aquamarina and our building was a 10-15 minute walk from the beach and to be on the beach was an additional $160.00. Wife - 2 hip replacements, me one, triple heart bypass, and cured prostate cancer. Paid the $160.00. Get to Cancun and ask - where is the other building. Told - there is no other building. Another couple from St Louis were also told the same and paid the $160.00. This should be enough for Jail, fine & reprimand.
    This was the worst hotel room I had ever seen and had to pay $100.00 to get a better room but also bad. Motel 6 was better.
    Submited complaint to Credit Card Company and got $160.00 back. I was told by the Division of Consumer Services in the Dept of Agriculture that the legal address for Premier Getaways was 333 108th Ave.NE, Belleview, WA 98004. Letter dated
    2 Dec., 2010. No reply yet. They will get all of this ifno from me in a few days. Google says the address is Expedia. I will be writing the Mayor, Chief of Police and Attny Gen. to see who is at this address and were Premier Getaways really is. Grand Getaways Vacations Club has an address in Englewood, CO. Posting says its an RV park and is really at Kings Creek Plantation, 191 Cottage Cove Lane, Williamsburg, VA. Can anyone confirm this. I will be trying to confirm who Premier Getaways and Grand Getaways Vacations Club are and where they are actually are located. More phone calls and letters to state BBB offices, Attny Generals office and local police. Other than the presentation by Premier Getaways and use of the name Grand Getaways Vacation Club they have nothing to do with the program. Everything I have been involved with was at the 7560 Commerce Court address and CCGG and Grand Incentives in Sarasota, FL. I have been there twice. Jose was not available. Tommy Middaugh emailed me that he had no idea who made the presentation to me or what they said or who any distributors were or said and that CCGG never got into presentations. It was all done by approved distributors. If they are approved distributors why does henot know exacly who all of them are are what their presentations include. I have printed a complain from Colorads Springs, CO where he was in a presentation with Steve & Vickey Haberman. The man went back to the location and they were no longer at the address and the phone # was not operational. I have written Mike Schneider the CEO of Affinity Group, Inc, the corporate Hq and am waiting a reply.
    I have spent thousands of hours and thousands of dollars on this and will be getting results before too much longer. Been to Florida and am prepared to again.
    Contact me with complaints of information at [email protected]
    Thank you. Do not give up, there will be justice in the end.

• Lo
    Lourde Hall Jun 02, 2011

Mr. mark biondi, you should be ashamed of yourself by trying to trick people into buying your product, which after a lot of researching, it is not a good deal. I understand that in this economy everybody is out trying to make a buck, but you of all people, since you served int he miltary, should know better than trying to scam people. Seems like the majority of the people that attend you presentations feel that they have been scammed, and brought into the presentation under false pretenses. You and your partner, obviously were trying to sell us something, so why not mention it during the initial call that your marketing company makes to the victims. You should be held responsible for what the marketing company tells people, and saying that it is the marketing company MJJ's fault, should not relieve you from your responsibility. You promised all of the couples in the presentation that whatever we were promised, we would get at the end of the presentation... that was a lie, because unbeknownst to us, we didn't get what whas promised. We got come handouts, for us to fillout and mail with hopes that either we forget or give up in trying to get what we were promised. So you think you can get away with that? I think not... because Karma is a ###... and what goes around, comes around... I will post my opinion in every website that I can to let the people out there know what you and your company are all about.

• Lo
    Lourde Hall Jun 02, 2011

Mr. Biondi... I did googled your name and didn't come up your pictures but some other Mark Biondi that is a musician... that is not you, right? You are not as famous as you thought...

• Di
    DisgruntledMember Jun 08, 2011

What a nightmare! My husband and I were on our honeymoon when we got scammed in Kissimmee, FL. The salesman stated our credit card would always stay at 2%, it is now at 16.99% six months later. We told him we heard from a different timeshare presentation that they could offer us weekend getaways for $49 per night at 5-star hotels. When I called later to take advantage of this, the booking agent had never heard of anything like that. Our "free" complimentary trips we were given...when looking up the plane ticket prices, the daily fees, and the taxes and gratuities that were not covered, this "free" trip was going to cost us over $3000. As for our two weeks, we pay $199 for an entire week. However, plane tickets are not covered, transportation not covered, food and drinks not covered, and activities not covered. These two weeks cost just as much as an all-inclusive plan. We thought we wouldn't use our two weeks, though, because our salesperson told us he would sell our two weeks to people that really want them, and we would make the profits. The phone number our salesperson gave must always be on silent...he never answers and of course the voicemail is just a recording. How convienient. Our yearly membership fees are due in August, but they charged us for TWO years, and they charged us 3 months early. I have argued to have this taken off until August, but they are trying to convince me that they can add charges onto a credit card, but they are unable to take them off. I am waiting for upper management to call back. We will see if they will do at least one positive thing for us. NEVER buy into this scam, it is not worth it.

• Du
    Durdyl Jun 27, 2011

Well, unfortunately I fell for this scam as well during a vacation in the Bahamas last week. I checked it out online as soon as I returned home (two days after joining the club) and saw your warnings. The "Price Match" certificate did contain the information about 24 hours and before 5:00 pm; I couldn't believe I missed that!!
    I've emailed and faxed every company I could find in the paperwork associated with this membership. I'm hoping I'm goint to get out of this intact, but I'm worried about the Bank of America (not mentioned in my paperwork -- all I see is: Merchant Stewart Vaction Ownership in connection with the deposit on a credit card they arranged.) I do not intend to pay a penny, because I contacted everyone within 2 business days. I can't believe I fell for this; it seemed like a great plan. I am most disappointed in the staff of the APEX International Marketing office (15c Elizabeth on Bay Marketplace, Bay Street, Nassau, The Bahamas); all the smiles and referring to prayer and God's blessings while they were aware they were scamming us. So sad, but lesson learned. I contacted APEX (Bahamas), Conrad Co. (Escondido, CA), Grand Getaways Vacation (Florida), Merchant Stewart Vacation Ownership, and Lloydshare Ltd. -- Glad to have avoided years of problems with this company. By the way the plan offered was MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE than anything you have mentioned here. The downpayment was @ 2, 100.00. :( So very disappointed!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices