Grabcar Malaysiaunethical behaviour

M

On September the 17th 2017, I had my worst ride-share experience ever. For the last 3 years I have been using Uber throughout the world, always receiving impeccable service. However, at the recommendation of a friend, I tried GrabCar for the first time on this trip, as I had heard GrabCar offered lower fares. Now I can see why - I won't be making that mistake again.

On the date in question, I was shopping at The Pavilion KL and needed a trip to Isetan to pick up some shopping on hold, then to my hotel 'The Ritz Carlton', then the airport. I booked the first GrabCar with trip ID ADR-[protected]-2-004. I then went inside, fetched my items and then we went to my hotel to collect my luggage and then we headed to the airport, I began to book the trip through the GrabCar app. The driver told me this was not necessary and informed me that he had already done this on his end. I was very skeptical of this since no Uber driver has ever done this, but he assured me this was a normal part of GrabCar service. I mentioned that the standard KLIA fare was RM65, which he agreed to.

When we eventually arrived at KLIA (after he made several wrong exits), the driver demanded a fare of RM250 cash. I insisted that the fare was RM65 plus tolls and that I wouldn't be paying any more than that. He began to become quite heated with me, insisting that I pay him the extortionate fare. As my flight was departing soon and I felt my partners and my safety was threatened, I attempted to haggle him down. He refused to go any lower than RM200, claiming that this was normal and I was wrong about the fare. Desperate to get out of the car and onto my flight, I paid him the fare and took my bags.

This is the most disgusting experience I have ever received. Immediately, I demand a full credit of the RM200 I was forced into paying. I have never experienced this kind of scamming with Uber, and do not tolerate being extorted.

I have since submitted 3 tickets to try and get a resolution to this experience, but still, have not had anything resolved, I first ticket number is ([protected]), all my details are inside this ticket.

Also, I have tried calling GRAB supports 1300 with no success, it does not work from Australia, (+[protected])

I look forward to your immediate response.

Regards,
Marc Robinson

• Updated by Marc Robinson · Oct 16, 2017

Sorry, the date of the incident was September the 18th 2017

Jay hassan Feb 20, 2018

You got cheat by the driver. Complain him. And one more grabcar prices is excluding tols. And uber price is including tols

• Dr
    drseelan Dec 02, 2017

I have a different complaint. I am in Australia but some one is using my name in Penang & Grab has emailed me receipts on 2 occasions with my name!!
    On 27/11/17 - Booking No: ADR-[protected]-3-021 & on 2/12/17 - Booking No: ADR-[protected]-3-026.
    What is going on ?
    Name of the 1st driver: Abu Bakar Bin Rahim & the 2nd driver: Yeoh Chee Boon
    Can Grab Clarify?
    Seelan

• Mu
    muthuddd Oct 19, 2017

@marc, You have been cheated/scammed big time by the Grab driver. It is a pity. You have the e-mail an official complaint to Grab Malaysia with the car plate's number. Copy the e-mail to SPAD (the local regulator): [email protected]