Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Credit Cards Goodyear what they don't tell you!

Goodyear  - what they don't tell you!

P
Author of the complaint
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

About a year ago, I made a large purchase at my local Good Year on a promotion where interest is deferred for a year. After that purchase I made other purchases. So I'm making my payments above and beyond the minimum thinking they are taking the additional funds and applying it toward the promotion balance. Makes sense. WRONG! They were not. When I called to figure it all out, I spoke to a lady named Peggy who was extremely rude. At one point, I was trying to figure out where the promotional information was located on my statement while she insisted it was at the bottom of the first page. I read the entire page to her with no information about promotion. I told her it's not here. She said in a very rude and unprofessional tone" NO its there. Its there.". I said, "I don't see it. It's not here". She said "NO ITS THERE". Turns out the information was on the top of the second page, not the bottom of the first. After realizing she was being very difficult with me, I asked to speak to her manager. I got a man named Luke on the phone who was equally as rude who told me it's the law to apply payment that way. Maybe it is the law. I don't know. But anyone with half a brain could understand how that just doesn't seem fair. In the end, I will have to come up with a large sum of money before February or I'll be hit with deferred interest despite the fact they have received above and beyond that amount. My plan is to pay off the card, close the account, and never use Good Year again. They just lost a good customer. I'm sure they could care less. That's what's wrong with this world.

Just so you know, if you want any payments

Update by pmackey12345
Jan 03, 2013 5:51 pm

As I was trying to say, but not sure what happened. If you want to make payments on the promotional part of your bill, you must actually request that your money be applied that way. Don't assume what makes sense will happen. I could understand a fly by night company trying to screw over their customers, but a reputable company like Good Year - I guess I just didn't think they would do that. Wrong. Anyway, make sure you tell them to apply your payments to promotional charges first if that's how you want to handle it. God Bless.

Helpful? 0 0