Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Internet & Software GolfNow I've been playing golf my entire life, and this type of technology really isn't welcome

GolfNow review: I've been playing golf my entire life, and this type of technology really isn't welcome

Author of the complaint
7:52 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Typical of these types of sites. It's not that convenient, since I still have to call the golf course to check on maintenance status, cart path only (if it's rainy) and other issues. My biggest problem with site and others like it are:

1. They make a strong effort to peddle the 'discounted' times (these are the times they take from the golf courses for their 'fee' so it's all their money if they sell them). These are usually not the most desirable times either.

2. You have to pay 100% UP FRONT, and the only way to get a refund is if the course actually CLOSES that day due to weather. So if your schedule changes you're basically stuck (like a hotel reservation).

3. There is a "booking fee" which I find ABSURD.

4. Their selection is pretty weak most of the time.

I've been playing golf my entire life, and this type of technology really isn't welcome. I much prefer to interact with the pro shop personnel, review and select a tee time with him/her directly, and have the flexibility to change or reschedule. Use this site if you're so inclined (at least that's what the "mind control" advertising on Golf Channel will tell you to do), but for me and my golfing buddies it's a failed experiment.

16 comments
Aug 04, 2019 8:03 am EDT

To cancel the membership I have to call their support number. Their number isn't working.

D
May 21, 2019 7:11 pm EDT

Saturday I was told to cancel my tee time bc I couldn't finish due to ponds (rain)all over the course. And I was charged 14.15 twice in the very beginning. Sheesh someone contact me [protected]. Shouldn't be this hard to contact customer support... should've read all those reviews before actually booking a time with you sheeeeeeshhhhh pay me back!

C
Apr 27, 2019 4:21 am EDT

Book at Tee time went to course and course was underwater and they said we could walk even though we paid for a cart. Looked at course and it was pretty much all water. Trying to call Golf Now and phone number goes to recording and then hangs up. They charged my CC and there is no way to get a refund. Total BS and I will never use again.

Apr 21, 2019 11:39 pm EDT

i booked online under Michelle Nenedjian on 04/12 for Bluff Creek for one team of 2 people for 9 holes. I was charged 3 times for the convience fee, all in the same minute and received 3 email confirmations @ [email protected]
Please refund the 2 fees you charged for 1 transaction.

Apr 16, 2019 6:29 am EDT

Booked tee time for 4, 2 backed out so took them off but I noticed I was still having to pay for 4, tryed to put them back But it wouldn't let me. So I ended up paying for 4 players but only had 2. Then 2 strangers took their spots. So someone got double payed or I paid for 2 strangers. I think I should be refunded for 2 extra players... Thanks

N
Apr 03, 2019 1:56 am EDT

3/26/2019 GolfNow PLUS Team Transaction receipt for your invoice

J
Dec 12, 2018 4:56 am EST

Booked a hot deal, weather got bad so rescheduled for next day. Was charged two times. Customer service claims that I should have played both days even though weather was terrible. Would not refund my extra charge of 207.00. So basically I paid 414.00 for one round of golf. Terrible service, terrible company, will never use them again.

C
Aug 14, 2018 2:36 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was charged $99by golfnow for a reservation that I paid for at the course. Confirmation # [protected]. I was charged on July 10th. I played the round on June 24th. I need a refund. I have been on hold for 20 minutes with support and I can't find any where to submit for refund on the Golfnow website.

Craig Blevins
[email protected]

T
May 10, 2012 10:39 pm EDT

If you use this website, you'd better to make sure that you don't change your mind or make a mistake. This guys make you jump many impossible hoops to make a change. Extremely frustrating.

K
Sep 17, 2012 9:17 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I reserved a tee time on this Website on 9/13/12 at a course I've never played 40 miles away. I arrived at course and was informed it was closed. Called GolfNow and was told I was issued refund. And would receive 2 rounds free for the troubles and 80 miles of round trip driving with no golf at all. I then wait 4 days and call GolfNow cause I'm wanting to play golf. The rep told me they never issued refund but he will do it now? That was 4 days ago that should have been done. He said they never did. I asked about the free rounds and he acted like I was out of line and put me on hold for 10 mins. I hang up call back and ask for supervisor total hold time was 20 mins they even tried do the we will call you back move I waited 5 more on hold before supervisor picked up and said the refund is issued what's the big deal? I explained and she said sorry and I have to wait for any free rounds. I've waited 4 days already and on top of being lied to about initial refund being done. I feel If never would of called back I wouldn't of seen a dime. Guess I will never use them again and still hope I even get my refund. Anyone had this problem?

S
Aug 27, 2012 7:20 am EDT

This site has gone down the tube. Recently, I tried to book a time and finished entering my credit card number. As I clicked the button to purchase, it tells me that the tee time is no longer available. Now I am wondering whether my credit card was charged. It is so typical of late. They bait you with tee times on courses that you want to play, but as you click the "Book" button, it tells you that the tee time is no longer available and that you should look at other available tee times. What a bunch of crocks!

L
Aug 12, 2013 11:48 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Had the same thing happen, not once, but over and over. Bait and switch is illegal, and I'm looking into filing a class action suit tomorrow. And yes, your money is held from your credit card for DAYS. Total scam. Total bait and switch. They cannot be allowed to get away with this.

Oct 21, 2012 3:16 pm EDT

For those of us who dont make a million dollars a year golfnow allows us to golf more than 1 day a week. People are upset because more people are golfing on the course they think they own because they are old, rich, and stuck up. If i can golf a course for $20 rather than $60 then why wouldnt I. Seriously?

Sep 23, 2012 9:04 am EDT

Ive had troubles with GolfNow as well. I switched completely to Golf Pipeline. They don't have tee times everywhere but the site is better and there are more golfer tools.

D
Mar 15, 2012 3:32 pm EDT

As a golf website who was approached by GolfNow to provide their booking engine to our readers, we have had several complaints about them. One gentleman pressed "book it" 9 times and kept getting pushed back to the same page. He called me and asked for help and I couldn't find anyplace to send him for help on GolfNow. I finally removed the booking engine from our twoguyswhogolf.com website. We promote golf courses for a living - and only offered GolfNow as an alternative for when we run out of vouchers for the courses on our site. It turned out to be a bad experience for us as we were being blamed for GolfNow problems. You're better to book directly with course (or call us) - tell them the kind of deal you can get online and ask for price matching.

Nov 08, 2010 8:06 pm EST

It kills the courses! In some cases they are giving up 4 times and 12 players which in monthes like November 10% of the rouds for the day. The courses are getting the shaft on this one because they still need to provide a good product for these scalpers!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

89 complaints