GoldCar Rentalcharges for damage that were not my damages and I have the proof!

I rented Vehicle 3323JYF Seat Leon 1.2 TSI Style 110CV Grey on 3/02/19 to 17/02/19 on contract [protected] there was a lot of damage on the vehicle and myself and another Goldcar representative went around the vehicle to check off the damage and I signed for this on sign out.when I arrived to return the vehicle - the vehicle was checked and signed for against the damage on sign out as above. (this damage was never updated on sign out)
I had booked a car for another 2 weeks but they had no cars left so I was told to take the same vehicle out again. - Vehicle 3323JYF Seat Leon 1.2 TSI Style 110CV Grey 17/02/19 to 03/03/19 and given a new contract: [protected] - when I went in to request the car, I was told by Sergio to just take the vehicle as it had been sign off on return.
So I did but this was incorrect Sergio should have taken the damages into the new contract. So on return the car the second time, I have been given a huge damages charge. I have sent in copies of the proof that I have from the previous contract but this does not seem to matter. I was forced to sign the car back in by some pretty nasty staff and told to go again!
I was told to claim on my insurance? Why should my insurance pay for Goldcar's surly incompetence? but also this is fraud surely?
I have attached the photo I took on sign out after returning the car after the first 2 weeks and the photos that the staff took of the same damage from the sheet marked with highlighter on the second proof of damage sheet.

• Updated by Janny Roberts, Mar 30, 2019