Resolved Goldcar Car Hire Spain — scam
In sept we travelled to malaga and hired a vw toran 7 seater from goldcar, there were 6 in the party so needed the extra seats. We were only there for a long weekend and just used the car to travel from and back to the airport. When we dropped the car off we asked for it to be checked but they only checked the fuel. Back in england my friends credit card bill arrived with an additional charge of £1861.66 after several calls and emails it transpired that we were being accused of stealing the 2 rear seats. This was unbelievable as we did not under any circumstances remove any seats from the car. We have asked goldcar to check the cctv as this will show we were all sat on a seat when we drove into the airport, but they refuse to do this. Goldcar have produced a receipt printed on plain paper (no letter heading) for £883.39 so we have had a refund of £978.27. My friends credit card co (Marks and spencer) will not help. Goldcar have said this is the end of the matter and will not issue a refund so I feel the need to let as many people as possible know about this terrible company. Do not use goldcar rentals!
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
More Goldcar Car Hire Spain Complaints & Reviews
- GoldCar Rental - fraudulently forced into paying for 'super relax' cover
- Goldcar - shocking behaviour of staff
- GoldCar Rental - deposit refund
- Goldcar - no spare tyre, terrible service, no response to complaint!
- Goldcar - cleaning charges
- GoldCar Rental - Car rental
- Goldcar - unethical behaviour
- Gold Car - assistant at check in desk-further comment
- Goldcar - car hire
- GoldCar Rental - Charges for damage that were not my damages and I have the proof!