Global Vacation NetworkScam and lies

L

We received an ad in the mail to go to their office for a seminar and receive a free vacation, and additional free airline tickets. I called the number on the ad and asked the person why they were doing this (I was not born yesterday), and I was told that this was to introduce my wife and I to their agency, and hopefully in the future we would book our travel with them. What we got turned out to be a time-share type sales pitch for "cheap" hotel/resort stays. When we asked to see their list of places where they had facilities we were told there were too many locations to tell us where they all were. When we finally said we were not interested in signing a contract with them (how can you sign a contract without knowing any of the "fine print" which they refused to reveal to us) the sales person got frustrated and called over his manager (the same person who gave the seminar). The manager got very angry and tried to coerce us into buying a "package" from him. Finally he gave up and gave us a "voucher" for our free trip. We sent this in and received two more vouchers. To make our "reservations" we were supposed to pay "refundable" deposits of $150, and all taxes and fees which we were never told about before we agreed to go to the seminar. At that point we cut our losses and stopped communication with them.

• Wo
    Woisme Aug 03, 2018

My husband and I joined at a seminar at my daughters house 6 years ago. Her family did global for 2 years and enjoyed it. They only traveled off season though. No dates available during spring break or around holidays or near a beach. We were told by rep who was owner's son it would be no problem as they had hundreds of resorts. It was a good deal the time. We had just retired and wanted our vacation on the beach. The first trip we couldn't book anywhere near being on the beach. We walked one mile which was no problem but had a very small beach on the bay. The accommodations were nice Overall it was a nice trip. Second vacation was surprisingly easy to book The date we wanted but they were very vague about being on or near the beach. We just wanted to park at our resort and walk to beach. We got there and it was a nightmare. First it was Black bikers week and thousands of motorcycles blocked gas stations and took us hour to go one mile. All restaurants were packed and couldn't get in to eat anytime of day. So we got lunch meat and items at store. The hotel was on a National deeper inland we had a 5 mile drive to beach with no place to park. Our room was horrible. Urine on bed and walls! No mistress cover on nasty mattress. Smelled of mildew. On opening refrigerator which was turned off I found source of mold and mildew. The drawers had dust and dead insects in corners. The furniture was very ratty and thin with holes in couch. I went down and spoke to girl at desk who apologized but they had o other rooms available since it was memorial day. No housekeeper on duty since there way no check outs. I took pictures of all the above and called global where I was given the UN around. Finally after many los the owner of the hotel was at his other hotel on the beach but no rooms here. I was in tears. 16 hours away from home. I never expected deluxe but dirty and thought? Finally global found a condo on a gulf course several minutes from beach. We checked in 4 hours later at 1 am. The next day it took two hours to get to beach. No food since 4pm the day before restaurants still packed gas stations still crowded. By that time we gave up and called global again hoping to find a place in another town and were told none available but the bikers week would be over soon. So they knew what it was like on bikers week.I guess we should have told m we weren't bikers when we scheduled vacation. I sent pictures to corporate and the hotel manager verified everything about accommodations were true. We did not get any compensation or discount on trip. Bad. Now 6 years later we are no longer able to travel due to medical reasons heart surgeries etc and we can't stop our membership. Have no money for vacations and we still have to pay and keep our membership because we have no other children to pass it on too. They keep racking up my fees. What an old couple to do?

• Te
    Teri A. Dec 21, 2016

COMMUTER FRAUD! Is there any recompense? This is going into the third year (2014) since my purchase and to date, I have NOT been able to use this promised GREAT service that I paid for with my hard earned money. This is such a heart wrenching experience.

• Di
    Diana Huntsman Jul 01, 2015

We experienced the same thing. My husband and I went to the presentation, we were promised a week long trip, all inclusive, including airfare. We filled out the papers, sent in the money, etc., etc., they asked for one thing after another. One of the steps, we were to pick three options, we did, but apparently the fine print said they you have to pick weeks that start on a Monday, only one of our three options started on a Monday. So they cancelled the whole deal. No second chances. We did our part, attending the presentation, they bailed on their part. They then sent us a consolation certificate, pay your own airfare, but supposedly paid. We went on line to pick it, you have to pay. What a scam!

I'm curious how many of you would be willing to be part of a class-action lawsuit against them? I'm an attorney and I would strongly consider filing it, if enough of you are interested in being plaintiffs with my husband and me. It's not my normal area of law, but I'm sure I could figure it out. Any one else inclined to actually file something for breach of contract?

• Ni
    Nicolemarieh May 04, 2015

Do not trust anyone that calls you claiming to be from Global Vacations. I just received a phone call informing me that I won a contest that I filled out. When I asked which location I filled out the survey, they phone operator simply said "we can't track which location you filled it out at". How is that even possible? Shouldn't a huge business be keeping track of where their candidates fill out applications for free vacations? But I decided to play along a little longer and wait to hear my destination options. When I chose the 2 night stay in a hotel, he said thank you and that another rep would be calling me in a few minutes. When I got the next phone call, the guy started asking me how much money I made, my age, and whether or not I was single or married. I'm 22 and explained to him I wasn't married, at which point he said they like to send people on vacations that share a relationship. While I'm on the phone with this guy, I decide to pull up some reviews for his agency. I instantly start seeing 1 star on every review and people warning each other to not give these people any personal information. After reading all this, I obviously brought it to the man's attention at which point he became very agressive and accusing. He said "you can believe everything people put on the Internet!" And I said back "well there's a lot of reviews here and they're all saying is that you guys are a scam". In which he LITERALLY says back to me "wow you are much more clever than your age reveals. But what if I took YOUR regional information and put it on the internet? People would form their own reviews of you too!" At this point I was absolutely appalled that someone that claims to work for a distinguished business would even THREATEN to put my personal information for the world to see, so I started to get more aggressive and said you're going to put my personal info on the Internet? And you're trying to get me to buy something from you idiots? I'm not a dumb ### and I wasn't born yesterday. After hearing that the man yelled back "you obviously aren't going to understand what I'm talking about" and hung up. At least I got him to stop bothering me.
    Bottom line:
    Do your research, and call them out on being shady. They get uncomfortable and will be sure to never bother you again.

• Je
    JenniferMcP Apr 17, 2015

Does anyone have any experience with winning a vacation through time out?

• To
    Toyl82 Jan 28, 2015

Attended the 90 minute presentation last night in Tinley Park Illinois. The meeting started off by everyone telling about their last vacation and how they planned it out. The presenter was friendly and spoke about the benefits of Global including a buying club which is how the company got started. Well after about an hour of the presentation we were greeted by another rep for an individual meeting, at this point we were interested but the only costs the original person told us about was the $389 annual dues and the $179/week cost of a 7 day stay at any of their properties. When we sat down the rep told us about different plans starting at $12, 900 for the deluxe plan and $9.900 for the standard plan. We talked for quite awhile but what we found puzzling was everything they presented was only scribbled down on a piece of paper and nothing was printed out on their letterhead for us to study. Well moving ahead about 45 minutes the manager came by and told us because we were over 50 years old the $9900 price would be reduced to $4900 if we signed up. I told them we needed some time to think about such a large purchase and that's when their demeanor changed, it was a now or never offer. I would never in a million years be pressured by such an offer and when someone starts off at a $12, 900 price and telling you what a great value it is and if you don't "bite" they just keep reducing the price, it has scam written all over it. If it is that great of a deal then why the high pressure and why isn't anything written down. I guess you would have to take their word for all of their claims and what's the old saying, "How do you know a salesman is lying to you? When you see his lips moving!" If it is such a good opportunity why would they have to resort to such high pressure selling techniques?

• Dw
    Dwallin Jan 10, 2015

First of all I'm not an employee for Global, not related to anyone who works there, not getting kickbacks in any way! Now that I have said that let me tell you about my experience with Global. My husband and I were referred to a presentation and like everyone else we played the numbers game. We got our membership down to a very reasonable rate that we could live with if we only used it a couple of times we figured it would have paid for itself. We purchased about 10 years ago and have traveled all over the US as well as Mexico and the Dominican Republic. Our latest trip was over Christmas this year to a two bedroom condo in Florida that was perfect! If you are looking for 5 star accommodations then this isn't for you but if you can handle 3-4 stars then you won't be disappointed. What I love about the membership is that if you don't use it you don't have to pay a yearly fee. This is completely true... I lost my high paying job and it took me about 5 years to land back in a position to be able to travel again and we didn't use or membership but when we were able to start back up it was right there now penalties for not using just went on line and filled out a request and we were back traveling! You have to plan ahead to get the locations and time that you want. Don't expect miracles if you want to travel during peak times unless you plan ahead! I would also look into booking transportation on your own if you don't like the prices their travel agents come up with! Regarding the freebies... yes you get what they offer just keep in mind it's free and it is usually not the best but if you want to just get away take advantage of it. We used the last freebie for the airfare and just stayed one night in the place they put us up in and then paid to stay in a 5 star resort as a slurge for us! So, free yes but you get what you get some places are better than others! What I can say is that you won't get this kind of deal anywhere else. We have had other timeshares and the best value that we keep coming back to is Global! So, get the price down to something you feel is fair and that you think you could recoup within a few vacations and take the leap you really won't regret it. If you are looking at the Cruises yes the fees are more but you pay taxes and fees regardless of who you cruise with when all is said and done. Hope this helps someone not feel so skeptical.

• Ka
    Kathleen Hochberg Oct 30, 2014

We were told each time they called to confirm our meeting date, that we did indeed win 2 FREE airline tickets to anywhere in the US. We asked each time You are 100% telling us we will receive 2. FREE airline tickets if we come check out your travel agency. She said yes every time we asked, we haven't receive anything yet !

• Ki
    kim cleaver Oct 12, 2014

My husband and I went to the presentation yesterday, we sat through 2 hours of this man, which told us that he had been the person to sheet rock the walls to get the office ready for the presentations was not even a employee, we were the only ones attending this famous presentation, it was very spooky we had to go up stairs and the elevator was sticking and shaking then the patio was the roof of another building. This other woman(a supervisor) trying to get us to sign up for at first 13k then 9200.00 then 5400, then 4400, then 2400, then finally 1400.00, when we looked them up on the BBB and came back to the table and confronted them they old us that it was the wrong company we then looked up the other two companies they gave us they were rated an F and was being sued and also had over 100 complaints outstanding, the companies were all related, they immediately got defensive told us they did not need our business that they had over 300k members and that we could leave. We liked the program if it was really true and asked them if we could take the information and do our own due diligence and get back with them they picked up the paperwork even the pen scratch that the lady had worked up a payment plan on and stuck it in a folder and walked off, they did give us our gifts, a tablet which does work, a 100.00 food card which is a scam the places listed on the Internet told us they had no idea what we talking about and refused to redeem the coupon, the weekend getaway is also a scam. So I understand some people like this company and bless you but I have no intentions of doing business with any company that will treat someone like that when you just want to do due diligence. That is crazy and very unprofessional at best.

• Re
    Retiree1994 Oct 07, 2014

I totally agree with the "Scam & Lies" cited in the original statement. Here is a letter I sent to Global in Dec 2008.

"Last night my wife and I attended your vacation sales pitch in order to qualify for your promotional travel package. There seems to be several discrepancies in what we were told and what we now find is your real offer. As I now understand, Global travel is selling membership in their travel agency, but Millennium Travel has been contracted to provide the travel package.

According to "Arlene", whom I contacted at your [protected] X 102, my package was to have been changed to two round trip airline tickets only (without hotel accommodations) and a $300 gas rebate coupon. She said this was not a "Time Share" offering. When asked how/why they could offer such a deal, she said it was for advertising purposes, that they were considering opening another travel office in the area and that recommendations of their service by satisfied customers was all they were asking for. At the conclusion of our call I learned that I would be required to attend an information meeting lasting 90 min to 2 hours.

Well, after reading the information in "The Complete Package" on your web site, not only is the package "Arlene" said she had changed my offer to not available, but additional limitations, fees and expenses are shown for the first time. The three different dates, 45 days apart, and three different destinations with the refundable $50 deposit, etc., etc. at best makes this travel package useless. Of course these limitations were only explained after we were required to attend your sales pitch.

Not only will I not be availing myself of your "offer", but at every opportunity will inform others that both the "Global Vacation Network" and "Millennium Travel" are little more than scam artists who misrepresent their program in order to entice people to attend their sales pitch.

Do not contact me now or in the future concerning this E-Mail or future "promotions" since my position should now be quite clear! Also, information of a personal nature may not be used by you or your constituents.

• Br
    Brittany Barrick Oct 24, 2018

@Retiree1994 Did anything ever come of this?

• Bu
    bucs-fan Jul 28, 2014

This is a true scam!! call there #'s and see if you get ahold of anyone... call866-653-2139 or [protected], 2 different fliers with the same address but different phone #'s ???? what a SCAM!!!

Not_Interested Jul 09, 2014

My wife called when she received the postcard and was told the company is like Expedia or Travelocity, . My wife then called me on the other line and I asked, is it a time share, and they said, "no." Now why on earth would I need to attend a 90 minute seminar to learn about a company that is like Expedia or Travelocity?! I figured they wanted to get me in room for a high pressure sales pitch to buy something expensive, otherwise, why would they bother? All the posts here, even the positive ones, confirmed my suspicions.

• Sn
    SNEAKYstuff Mar 05, 2014

I would like to say anyone who doubts Global. It is truly what helped my husband and I stay together. Without this membership, and the vacations to get us away from all the stress. I am now able to go somewhere at a wholesale price. If you know what that means, or in case you do not, this is like buying at store similar to sam's club. The places I have been have been fabulous. From cancun, to lasvegas.
    You need to reALlize ANYTIME YOU GO SOMEWHERE THE GOVERMENT DOES MAKE YOU PAY TAXES. THERE ARE PORT TAXES, AND AIRFARE TAXES, AS WELL AS OTHER TAXES THE GOVERNMENT REQUIRES ON OTHER THINGS. i HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR A YEAR, AND HAVE TRAVELED ALL OVER, ON THE MONEY, USED TO SPEND JUST TO VACATION LOCALLY, BY MY HOUSE.N i WILL BE A MEMEBER AS LONG AS IT IS AN OPTION TO ME. i LOVE IT!

• Me
    Memberofglobal Feb 28, 2014

Look I think anyone that thinks gifts you receive after sitting for 90 min will work out perfectly and that everything will be as stated is freaking delusional. Your mooching!! HEELLLOOOOO. Quit complaining... Nothing is free. If I'm going to a presentation I know living here in florida that the company HAS to hire a third party marketing company. The marketing company has no tie to the membership, they are 100% separate!
    The program is wonderful I've had it for two years and gone to the mountains and next week I am traveling to San Diego. So really people, grow up your trying to get freebies and complaining about them. Sales is sales deal with it. But global connections, the ones actually servicing me are desperate from this network that is just the marketing end of it.

• Na
    Natalie truitt Feb 20, 2014

full if ###!!! every thing the others are saying it true...do not go!! i wad in there for 4 HR...

• Fa
    faminchin Dec 21, 2013

We attended the presentation and I have to say I am a bit surprised at how similar the experience was. My wife talked me into going because she was promised a free tablet, and to our surprise after we declined all the different pressure closes, they had just ran out of tablets but promised to mail it to us. I knew something wasn't quite right after they dropped the price from $9, 990 to $1, 495 if we would just sign up tonight. Being in sales I understood everything that was going on but the low point of the evening came when the manager asked, "Doesn't your Wife deserve a couple of nice vacations every year"? I think you have sunk as low as it goes when you have to play once spouse against the other to close the deal. My advise is skip the presentation. As my grandfather always said, "If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is". The best thing that came out of the evening was a promise from my Wife to never do anything like this again. Thanks for the info on the "Free Trip". I won't bother to waste the time or effort. We also got a $100 dining card that turned out to be nothing more than coupons from Restaurant.com, another waste of time.

• Sh
    Shomason Sep 27, 2013

Wow! I guess I should have looked at this before attending. Well, I think there offer is better then a time share and the one I attended was in Tinley Park, Il. They were not pushy at all. No, we did not buy because we will never make an on the spot decision for anything. Yes, it was like dealing with a car salesmen because they kept dropping the prices to get us to buy. End result was not at this time. We really do not travel much and doing the math, it was not beneficial for my family of 4. I am interested in knowing if we will really get the airline tickets as promised. I will return with my post. They appeared really honest about the gift and how it works. We shall see.

Sho

• Pa
    Pam Gorman Jun 19, 2013

Last night I went to a seminar at global. The pitch was a little long, an hour and a half. but the guy salesman kept it interesting. If I would have had the money on my card, I probably would have went for it. I was promised a 8 day/ 7 night Marriott hotel stay for free, as well as a 50.00 gas card, and a 100.00 meal ticket. I am to fill out this form, and send it in. Lets keep our fingers crossed!! I let you all know the outcome...

Pammy g

• Ca
    capebreton Apr 26, 2013

Have an encounter with these people. we sat thru the presentation... today's price was 9.995.00 we wouldn't bite the price came down to 4995.00 still wouldn't bite the price went down to 2995.00 still after that we wouldn't bite the price went down to 1995.00... there is no way a Company does this...you have a bottom line and i cant see them trying to sell us something at this price they were even going to take payments of 200.00 for the first 30 then 200 for the next 30 and so forth until the 1995 was paid off... believe me the bells were going off in my head .. and his final offer after we didnt take this one was all he needed today was a 100.00 deposit to start us off.. i operate a business there is no way in hell this company is above board..buyer beware... april 20th 2013

• Pa
    pattiruth62 Apr 25, 2013

What I find unbelievable is that this kind of practice is allowed to go on and on without being shut down. Of course the same thing happened to my husband and me. When I received the invitation card in the mail, yes I did think, probably a scam. But when I called the number to confirm a spot, the girl on the phone assurred me that was was in NO WAY a salespitch, just an introduction to this Travel Agency in the neighborhood that would explain all the services they have to offer in hopes of acquiring your business in the future. Well, I personally went to a Travel School in Boston several years ago, and even today with all of our access to computer reservations, a good Travel Agent is still nice to have for setting up more involved vacations. So I was really looking forward to what they were all about. The frustration began before we even found the place. The address given was not anywhere that you see from the street. So, I called the number on the paper and the girl tried to explain the location. Of course, she was not even in our state (Florida). As it turned out she did have the name on the building, the address was on a glass door not visible from the street. It was an obscure building in an office park.
    Not the usual location for a travel agency. So right away, I knew this was gonna be a sham. But...we were there, so we proceeded ahead.
    We were shown a tiny room of chairs containing approx maybe 12 people. On the wall was a TV with a TAPE of a Johnny Carson show going on. (Best part of the whole night, by the way) then in walks this young guy. Kind of a toss between Martin Short's Ed Grimley and Howie Mandel. And I like humor so I was ready to be receptive.
    Then he began by saying that the "Other" presenter had a nice film etc to show, but he was gone for the day and took the film with him and that all HE had was this plastic board thing to write on but that we'd be fine, right???
    Strange and dumb already. The presentation started out sort of OK, but then got more and more complicated as he tried to explain the money details of this whole deal. Hey Wait a MInute!! Thought there was no sales pitch in volved and certainly no money involved to listen to this presentation. He went through it all very fast and wrote several sets of numbers on this little board. Then all of a sudden he was through and just said Thanks and exited the room very quickly. We all sat there quietly for a few minutes and then one by one, our names were called and we were escorted into a larger room with several small desks. We each had our own little Rep. This was after having been there already almost two hours. We were told the whole thing would last 90 minutes. And now here we are just starting the second part of this ordeal. Our Rep began by literally repeating almost word for word what we had just listened to. She was very sweet and very young and I actually felt sorry for her that she was trying to earn her living this way. I was honest with her and explained our "financial situation" to her and that we would not be able to BUY anything tonite and that we would like to study this information to determine if it was really for us.
    And you know how you just KNOW when things aren't quite right. We were tired and ready to go. Then, she excused herself and said she'd be right back. We should have just left. But we remained polite and when she came back she had this Big Rude Heavy-Set Dude with her. And he was just that. And he proceeded to ask us just what we could afford and went on and on and on... and when I politely mentioned to him that we would not be buying anything tonite and we would like to think about it, and that we'd been there too long and we needed to go...He got very rude and said that since I had interrupted him, that it would take that much longer for him to get through his presentation . And that the "Offer" was only for tonite . REALLY. You are trying to sell me a several thousand dollar deal and I have NO time to think about it OR research it. YEAH, I'm really THAT stupid. Of course, I should have told him off immediately and got up and left. But I didn't. But inside, I was happily smiling, because I was Sooooooooo thankful that we were smart enough not to do business with any such type of place. Switch and Bait tactics never work. How dare this ### be rude to a potential customer. He presented three and four and five options of MONEY down. And finally got the message that we were NOT going to sign anything and became even more rude and got up and stormed away from the table. You're kidding right?? Ha! Also at the beginning with the young girl, she showed us more than once a piece of paper stating an A+ Better Business Bureau rating. Well that was phony. Check it out. They do not have a favorable rating at all because there have been too many complaints.
    STAY SMART PEOPLE. YOU DO NOT NEED A PLACE LIKE THIS TO ARRANGE AND ROYALLY SCREW UP YOUR PERSONAL VACATION LIFE. PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR GUT INSTINCTS. WHEN YOU SEE AN APPROACH LIKE THIS TO GET YOUR MONEY...AND FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE ABOUT THE TACTICS INVOLVED, ...KNOW THAT YOUR INSTINCTS ARE CORRECT...AND STEER CLEAR!!!

• Gv
    GVNTerry Feb 24, 2013

If for any reason you need assistance with an incentive or your membership, please contact me directly at [email protected] and we WILL FIX IT immediately!

• To
    Tonygeee Feb 04, 2013

Hey Bethany0666,
    I just attended this scam 2 days ago and its funny how during their presentation they also quoted Myrtle Beach, Gatlinburg, and Indian Shores numerous times as popular destinations!!! Your gonna have to be a little more original next time. HA HA HA

What a joke people I had the exact same experience as these other negative comments on here. DONT DO IT !!! IF SOMETHING SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT IS !!! It started at $19, 800 at the start and towards the end (3 hours later not 90 minutes) he droped it to his rock bottom price TWICE finally ending at $1800 for 2 stars. After i politley told the 3rd sales rep i talked to that i cant purchace it until i researched it myself he said id be wasting my time because once i left here the offer was no good for any price. I said so if i called back tomorrow and wanted to join i couldnt do it. he said nope its youre loss. I said "well so be it" and as I put my hand out to shake his hand he just walked away and sent someone els over with the free ticket voucher.
    If thats not enough to discourage anyone from joining this racket think about this. They told us over and over that we get THEIR wholesale price at $195 per week with NO markup so when asked how they make money they claimed that they make all their money from the annual usage fee wich is $385 per year but only if you use at least one star. So if you take 2 seperate week long vacations you pay the 195 per week plus the $385 and divide that by the 2 weeks it comes out to about 385 per week. Still not bad for a couple full weeks on the beach in Hawaii. I was told there were no taxes but could not get that or anything els in legal writing until i made a commitment and there was no website for the company that i could access to see the different properties before i joined. He said theres too many properties to list. WOW huge red flag. So he repetadly said that the more members they have the more money they make and i almost bought into it and i was seriousley thinkin on joining but i just had to research it first. So finally my point is this. If they make their money by having more people join why on earth wouldnt they offer it to anyone that called a day or two later. The only reason is that they dont want you to find out the fact that this is a scam scam scam, because remember, they dont tell u anything about it while trying to get you to come in for the presentation, not even the name of the company, so there is no way to research it beforehand. Again DONT DO IT!!! I havent tried to redeem my free tickets yet but by reading these posts i might just throw the vouchers in garbage and chalk it up to lesson learned. Oh yea, hey stout, you ought to be ashamed of yourself the two worst kind of people in this world are liers and theives and you are BOTH.

• So
    Soldierette Feb 02, 2013

We went to a presentation today in Tinley Park, IL as a lot of other people on here I asked questions and was told this was not to sell me anything. When I asked they said the marketing company can tell you anything they want to its not their fault. After we were not looking good for a sale an assistant manager came over and gave us the price for Military members which was more than half what they originally asked without proof of service when I asked about that oh people don't lie about being in the service yeah right. My husband was ready to buy it but something just did not seem right. I regret I lost one of my days off but I think we would have been sorry if we purchased this mess. Lesson learned you don't get anything for free! My personal opinion is SCAM and I sure won't try and get their incentive for attending after what I've read on here. Chalk one up for stupidity.

Checkt this out Jan 03, 2013

knew someone who worked for them and yes, they are not only deceptive to what they do, they are also deceptive to what they are. The woman who does the hiring is mean and nasty. They expect there agents to book all post card/letter mailings that day. They do not care if the consumer lives 3 hours a way and that they had just called in about an hour and half before the appointment. Deborah Lloyd is not a nice person at all. She tells the agents to speak extremely fast like you can notice if the person is reading a script. What bothers me most is that all the supervisors make there agents read there script word for word, and if they get a little tongue tide by using any words like AND or UM or have a few stumbles, they sure let them know about it. And if they do not get there way of same day appointment, they send there agents home with no pay. They pay there agents $10 and hour and they are supposed to work a 6 hour shift with no breaks unless they say it's ok. They pay there employees as independent contractors but use the agents like employees. Example, my friend asked about 3 hours into the shift if he could use the bathroom and they told him to hurry up and not to take more then 5 minutes. All there agents work from home too. Another example of there deceptive practice is that they made it real clear that there script had been examined by there attorney. If you are familiar with law, you would no that written documents state a lot of and/or clauses. Sometimes words like that can determine a lot of problem solving or making. Well, they make there agents say this clause towards the end of there script, especially if the consumer consented to go the presentation "THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID IS BY YOU ATTENDING AND RECEIVING THE EXACT INCENTIVES WE HAVE DISCUSSED". Right there is a flat out lie! Some of the agents would be posting group text to each other saying things like "TELL THEM YOU HAVE 3 CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 8 AND THAT THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID". Who does this if a attorney had looked at and approved this script. They are very very deceptive. DO NOT DUE BUSINESS WITH OR WORK FOR THEM. P.S. There vacation time share is $12.000 to purchase. And the presentation is more then 90 minutes of your time to listen to a high pitched sales tactic for a time share even though they say it is not. Now, as for the Android Tablets, there is no brand name of these computers. The sales reps jazz it up and make it sound like you are getting this some kind of state of the art machine, when in theory, they are cheap tablets that are purchased in bulk adding up to about $5.00 a tablet. By the way, the tablets are made in Korea, and they do not work well and they are about 3 years old and refurbished. That is so so sad. Again, do not work for or do business with this CDF Travel.

Desiree85 Sep 17, 2012

tic1589 sounds just like the guy in Ann Arbor that gave the presentation I recently went to right down to the I sold my timeshare line. That is exactly what this guy said to the group I was in in early August, 2012. I am still waiting for the Tablet I was promised. Oh and this presentation is not 90 minutes, it's over three hours.

• Ti
    tic1589 Apr 16, 2012

Still more negative stuff from non GVN members and ONE GVN member that has never traveled because of all the people putting negative comments out here! WOW! Why don't you find a NICE resort and go see for yourself. How about Royal Kuhio in Oahu, HI? I'm sure you'd like that! I've been a member of GVN for over 7 years and have used their condo's almost every year. I have two close friends that are also members and they have used GVN with similar results. I can't vouch for their marketing techniques, as I haven't been to a presentation for many years, but I had no issues when I signed up. We usually vacation in Hawaii, but one of my friends is a pilot and he has used GVN in many other locations, including international. I would recommend this method over "timeshare ownership" any day. I sold my timeshare membership after joining GVN as it was no longer needed and a huge hassle to "exchange" your property for somewhere else you want to go.

dee hutch Feb 20, 2012

I'm curious has anyone received the gifts as promise. How do you get out if you get in?

• Wa
    Wayne99 Feb 15, 2012

Did anyone actually recieve an android or netbook?

• Mi
    mirrorimages26 Feb 09, 2012

I honestly do not think they are trying to scam anyone, it just is all a matter if their company is the right fit for what you are looking for at this time. The thing I am upset about is that everyone was very pleasant and kind when they were trying to get us to sign up for the program, but as soon as the lady found out we had decided to cancel our package she got EXTREAMLY rude with me. I understand they are trying to make money and all, but if someone does not have the extra funds and can not sign up at that time there is no reason to be a witch with a "B" to them! It's to bad she treated me they way she did because my husband & I probably would have joined back up with them once we got back on our feet financially. So who's to say if they are a good company or not...all you can do is try things out on your own and make your own determinations. God bless and good luck!

• Am
    americajrdetroit Feb 09, 2012

I would encourage you to comment on these two stories I wrote:

• Po
    power to da people Jan 21, 2012

wow!! i am glade i read all the comments because i was going to go today for my appointment at 4pm! after all the reading NO THANK YOU!!! thanks people and glade we have internet so we the people can warn each other. thank you thank you thank you!

Deeluvsbutterflies Jan 14, 2012

I received a call from Michelle, she was very nice. She said if I go to a presentation no longer than 90 minutes, I would receive a brand name android tablet. I also would chose 1 vacation from 3 packages. It sounded too good to be true, so I inestigated the company. They are the Global Vacation Network, but due to numerous complaints, are using another name, cruise fy drive, & they are also listed as CDA consultants. I asked if this was a time share program & she said no, but that was a lie. I asked if I would be able to pick up the tablet at the presentation, she said no, I get a card, & I have to pay for shipping. This is a scam. I'm glad I did my research before I wasted my time going to the presentation. I went to the BBB site, there have been 95 complaints about them. 63 of them serious. They're warning against this company

sailor34 Jan 07, 2012

Mr Stout, we are new members and are trying to understand how this works. I do understand the different programs you have available and how they work, but what I am talking about is actually finding a place to vacation with GVN in the winter! I do believe that there is a good answer to this problem. The problem is after multiple attempts to find a place to vacation in somewhere south of the Unites States (we are from Michigan), nothing is ever available in the winter, even next year is not available. Of course the Caribbean and Mexico is available during summer and hurricane season and why would anyone want to go Mexico or the Caribbean in the summer when you can be in Michigan! The other difficulty is the unavailability to talk to someone who can help! Faxing in request forms and getting the answers back with "nothing available" all the time just does not seem fair. It seems that GVN is grossly overbooked and that you should let people out of their contract if nothing is ever available. I purchased the program to vacation in the winter someplace south of the United States and nothing is ever available! WHY???????????????? I will call you on Monday! 1/9/12

• Es
    EStout Jan 06, 2012

My name is Eric Stout, Operations Manager for Global Connections. I would be more than happy to review our travel club membership with anyone on this forum. I would be happy to review its benefits and discuss any concerns that you have. You can call me directly at [protected]. I look forward to talking with you.

Eric Stout
    Operations Manager
    Global Connections, Inc.
    [protected]

• Ne
    Neet$ Dec 13, 2011

Most of the comments about this vacation plan comes from people that have not actually joined. I actually saw some comments from those that claim they have been customers of GVN for years and they are very happy. Well, I have also been a customer for years and I completely agree with those that saw the signs before they purchased GVNs vacation package. 1st, they do not provide a book with all of their resort locations, which would not be a big deal if their website was up to date. Even on the site, they have a disclaimer at the bottom saying if a resort is not listed to please call GVN because they do not list everything on the site. Now, with that said, you would expect that there are hundreds of resorts listed on the site, wrong. When I do a search on Cancun you get a total of 10 resorts; 3 Eastern and 7 Western. I did a search on reviews for each and everyone has the same complaints, in secluded areas from hotel zone, dirty, run down (as you can obviously see from the photos how outdated the facilities are - OLD wicker furniture). I personally have not been able to travel with GVN because they have not had the resorts that I have wanted to visit that meet my traveling standards. For this reason, as the site states, I submit my request "in hopes" that GVN can get a contract with the resort I would like to visit, but they never do. I am told to be more flexible, but I like to do research on places I am about to spend money on and I have found the resorts that GVN suggests on its site does not meet my traveling standards. If there is too much negative feedback that I agree with, I do not want to visit, vacation package or not! So, overall, I guess it depends on where you want to travel and GVN should be able to provide you with those resorts in those areas so you can research before you spend part of your life savings to purchase, but they don't. I have been a member since 2003 and finished paying off my package in 2006 and I have never traveled with GVN because there are slim pickings from the resort choices and so much negative feedback on review sites about the actual resorts. I only picked Cancun as an example above because I recently requested this location, but I feel the result has been the same for other locations as well. I personally would advise that no one get this vacation package it is a waste of money. I always wind up getting my travel packages from Expedia, tripadvisor, etc.

• Tr
    truthistruth Dec 11, 2011

I used to work for a company called "americas travel agents". I was told that we call people who win raffles and tell them they won a free vaction from americas travel agents. I was to set an appointment for them to come in to claim their vouchers and tell them that it will take and hour and a half because they would be talking about all their trip options with a travel agent and we would also take some of that time to tell them a little about the company. We were to promise there was no high pressure sales and that we just wanted to get our name out there. I accepted the job and thought I was doing these people a great deal by giving away these free vactions! however, after starting to work there I started to notice some fishy things... First, I found it odd that the "Winners of the raffle" were not winners at all. EVERYONE who signed up for the raffle were winners! When I asked about this.. I was told that if the people knew anybody else who had recieved a call from us that we had pulled 30 names because we had extra money, so we would not be surprised if someone else that they knew got the call. But this was not the case, we called EVERYONE who entered the raffle. Then, I was also told that only "qualfied" appointments were accepted. At the beginging of the phone call I was told to tell them that I had to make sure the information on the raffle ticket was correct to make sure this was in deed the person they say they are. However, the question I was supossed to ask were not even on the raffle ticket at all! I had to ask if they were married or single, and if their income was above 45, 000 a year. Only single females and marride couples were accepted (Because males are not likely to travel with them in the future), and they had to have an income of 45, 000 a year. If they were not qualified we told them they were one of the top ten finalist and they would be called by the end of the week if they were the grand prized winner. Apparently, they did not want to give away vactions to people who were not likely to fall into their sales trap. They also gave me a paper that told me what to say when people who I had called start to ask questions. I was suprised as I read this because they were all lies and round-about-ways to answer their questions. After many of these "fishy" things started to occur I began to ask questions. The manager of the place got really fustrated with me and my questions. I could tell that their answers were not sufficient to my questions either and they were even lying to me about what they were doing! I was angry to learn that the promises I have been making to these people the past couple weeks were not going to true at all. I was strickley paid on commision and when I got my pay checks there was a list with it that had all my appointments that had shown up the previous week.. On that list it stated if the appointments were qualified or not qualified and I only got paid for the qualified appointments.When I had many that were marked "Not qualified", I inquired about this. I was told that when the people arrive to their appointment a sales rep meets with them and trys to get them to join the company's membership.. At that time they are asked to answer some questions and one of those questions are their yearly income. After that the sales rep puts on the high pressure into getting these people to buy, and when they refuse to join the membership the sales rep asks them to write down the amount of money they make in a month (A tactical way to make a sale by showing them how affordable it is for them because of how much they make a month). Many people will lie about their monthly income to show the sales rep that they could not join the membership. Therefore, their monthly income does not add up to making 45, 000 a year and they are not a "qualified" appointment. Of course I was upset about not getting paid correctly on my paycheck, but I was more upset to learn that they are meeting with a sales rep at their appointment and they are PRESSURED into sales from the company during that WHOLE half an hour appointment. (This whole time I have been promising no high pressure sales, and we just want to tell them about our company for a short amount of time before they talk to a travel agent about all their exciting options for their free trip!") Once again, confused by everything they were telling me, I continued to ask more questions, which were very rudely answered (If answered at all). I then found out that "Americans Travel Agents" has not been around for 20 years (were told to tell the people were giving away free trips to celebrate20 years in the travel industry.).. In fact, Americas Travel Agents does not even exist at all!!! We were actual making appointments for Global Vactions and that Global Vactions has scammed so many people in the past, and have so many compaints online that they are using a different name to lure people back in. Needless to say, I do not work there anymore because I refuse to lie to these people and be a part of a scam. I am sorry for everyone who has had to go through this experience.

• Ju
    justforfun Nov 11, 2011

I would like to comment directly to commensense1. Reviews provide an overall sense of the rating of a company. The good and the bad must be considered. You are correct that not every experience will be great for every person but how fortunate we are to have the opportunity to share our comments and read the comments of others.

• Ge
    geanie Oct 25, 2011

My husband and I attended the 2 hour long presentation and sales pitch on 10-22-11. The program is not for us as we have small children, do not know how often we will be able to travel, and do not have money to spend on expensive airfare around the world. $159 a week on lodging doesn't sound bad except for when you consider the $10, 000 you pay for the program and $359 a year paid to activate the program in addition to travel costs, food, etc. while on vacation. We pretty much just went to get the free gifts. They sounded really good when I was being bribed by the telemarketer to attend the presentation. However, I should have known better!! The android tablet that was promised, which the telemarketer stated retails for $399, is a very cheap piece of junk. I gave it to my 5 year old to play with, I want nothing to do with it. It might cost $50 at the most. It is generic, no name, and the instruction manual and user interface are mostly in chinese or just very difficult to understand. We've yet to try to cash in on any of the free trips, but I am very skeptical and do not have much confidence that they will amount to anything worthwhile. These vacation clubs may be for some people, but in my opinion, they are a waste of money unless you travel a whole heck of a lot. I also don't like being bound to stay in a "resort" type place with thousands of other people, some trashy. For the price of all inclusives and cruises that they offer, it is possible to find trips for these prices on your own.

• Bo
    bookworm!!!! Oct 02, 2011

now i am scared we signed up today!!! HELP

• Bo
    bookworm!!!! Oct 02, 2011

now i'm scsred we jusk signed up.