Gillece Plumbingprice gouging

J

The plumber from Gillece charged me $18, 000.00 - 4 times the going rateaccording to 4 different plumbers I asked after the fact. Replacing a basement sewer line should be under $5, 000 and they did not even replace the whole line--when they realized my credit would not allow for the full $24, 000.00 they wanted they came up with a plan to do only half the work.

• Jj
    JJimm Jan 10, 2013

The worst company i ever came across. Tried to tell me that my main service line is bad along with the meter box. The box and line cant be no more than 5 years old. Tried to say it would cost over 5000 dollars to replace. But got screwed any way i had to pay him for the inspection. I guess i got off easy compared to some people they screwed. DONT EVER CALL THESE CROOKS FOR ANYTHING. ### IN A BUCKET FIRST.

• Su
    sue-carnegie Oct 27, 2012

gillece plumbing should be put out of business, I needed a inside gas line relpaced and was quoted a price of $5, 450.-I got a plumber in the same day and he charged me $500- it is terrible how they get away with this- gillece even told me they were given me a senior discount. I feel bad for the people they have screwed over the years.

• Gi
    gillecesucks Sep 06, 2012

They ripped me off once- never again! I go out of my way to try as hard as I can to prevent "GITHIEVES PLUMBING & RIPOFF SERVICE" from getting ANYMORE clients to take advantage of & scam for REDICULOUS amonuts of money!

• Ra
    rag88 Jun 14, 2012

The plumber from Gillece plumbing charged me $6257.00 for unclogging my sewer line. I realized that the price they quoted me was too much after they fixed it. They charged me a days work when it only took them half a day worth of labor. They did not even clean my sewer line just the clogged and said that if I want to flushed the sewer line it will cost me more. What a gouge! They take advantage of people. Why are they still in business...This kind of business, gouging people should be shut down...

• Ts
    T. Schultz Feb 15, 2010

I called to have a minor leak repaired. They charged $65.00 "trip fee" to be deducted from the cost of the repair. When the plumber looked over the job, he quoted $650.00 and said it would take him about one hour to complete. The parts required were nominal, so that's a charge of $650.00 PER HOUR.

I fixed the leak myself. The parts came to $1.50 (one dollar and fifty cents.)

I had to pay the $65.00 fee. They take that from you BEFORE giving you the estimate.