Gevalia Coffeeunwanted shipment

P

Received my free coffeemaker and for over a year recieved and paid for automatically delivered coffee. This month I received (unwanted) 4 8oz. packages of coffee and was billed over $41.00 for the 2 lbs. of coffee.

• Ms
    msaint Nov 26, 2008

They just did the same thing to me. I called the and canceled my account with them. I'm keeping the coffee, but they will never get my business again. I will tell everybody that will listen about my experience with them.

I hope they understand that angering people with unwanted shipments will only hurt them. They would have made more than $41.75 off of me in the long run by just shipping me the stuff I ordered.

• Kb
    kb Dec 02, 2008

I have never even heard of this company. And for some reason- I kept getting shipments of Gevalia Coffee being sent to my address but to a totally unknown name. I didnt think to return the shipment since I didnt know who they were and actually threw the coffee's away (thinking it was pretty suspicious). And today, I happen to look at my bills and noticed I was being charged by Gevalia on my Chase Credit card. I have no idea why I was recieving this shipment and being charged for it. Especially when it was addressed to an unknown name. I called Gevalia and they did not have any record with my name. Really bogus. They gave me a hard time about refunding the money. This is a huge scam.

• 7catsusa Dec 27, 2008

They did the exact same thing to me and when I received it, I called in and was told to keep it or give it away and my credit card would be credited. Well...today I got my credit card bill and there is was, $41.75! I called again and was told it was now taken care of. We shall see...

I cancelled the account as well. I will be checking daily to see IF the refund is made!

STAT AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS!

• 7catsusa Dec 27, 2008

Be advised that the Account Number with Gevalia for this "Royal Vinter" is different than your regular Account Number which I just noticed.

Though I told "Ash", the customer service rep t0o cancel, I am calling to cancel again as when I logged onto my account, it had not been cancelled.

BUG THEM AGAIN!

• Eb
    e bailey Dec 27, 2008

we've used gevallia coffee for more than four years and have never had but one order we didn't order but the truth came out my wife wanted a 2 cup coffee maker she ordered it part of gettin the free pot is you get more coffee blends sent to you. if you call them they will cancel the shipments

• Mr
    Mrs Davis Mar 18, 2009

I cancelled the shipments because I fell on hard times. I told them my issue and they agreed to stop the shipments. I had $40 in the bank, so I went to three different stores with coupons trying to save as much on food so I could to feed my children. They charged my card $41.65 which cost me $100 in bank fees, because of the other three store transactions that I made. I called and ask them why did they charge me card and they said we sent you a card about our exclusive yearly coffee and you did not respond. I thought cancelled meant cancelled. They refused to refund me or pay my bank fees. Now my children has to pay the price for this unwanted coffee.

• Tr
    tracey May 16, 2009

I, too, tried to cancel my account with Gevalia, but in Jan., I received a box of coffee. I called to ask why, and they said it was a "special". Because I never signed up for it, they agreed to not charge me for it and I didn't have to ship it back. Then, I kept getting a bill from them for over $35.00. I called again a few months ago, and a man with a strong foreign accent said that it was all taken care of and I didn't have to pay it. He said that my account was clear and I would only get coffee if I went on line and ordered it. Today, I got another NASTY bill from them saying I still owe the money. So I went online and PAID it. Then I called and got a young woman who said she'd cancel my "special" account yet again! I don't know how many times you have to call to cancel an account. And the real tragedy is that I love their coffee, but I am afraid to start up again because all this business with getting extra shipments that I will be forced to pay for will start again! What has happened to this company?

• Ki
    Kilted Man May 17, 2009

They will track you down. I cancelled service over six moths ago I paid them for the coffee I received and thought that was it... NO WAY, they "said they made another shipment to me" althought I did not receive it they still charged me. Now I am suing them in small claims court for the cost they charged me and court costs. I urge everyone to take them to court. It is a needed document if they try to hurt your credit. It only cost $25.00 to sue.

• I am having the dmae problem - I never signed up for them and they now have sent me a bill that went to a collector agency for 35 dollars - and I nevr even asked for it. When it is delivered to me it doesn;t even have my name fully - it says "to mr or mrs smith" It doesn't even know my first name!!
    Now I have called 3 times and three times they said they cancelled my bogus acct and still i am being tracked by a credit collector! I hate this company and don't even know how they know about me!

• Yu
    yurs Jul 24, 2009

We just cancelled our credit card because of fraudulent avtivity. Two charges were fake, and one was Gevalia. Loke other posters, we received a shipment that we didn't order and with only part of the name correct, but we'd been charged on our card.

Call the bank if this happens and report fraud, and then cancel your card. Don't deal with their customer service, as they will lie to you and try to let you think its ok so you wont cancel your credit card.

Also, I will be five dollars to your nickle that the people psoting in gavor of this company are frauds. They are paid bloggers or they are in on the scam. Dont believe them, cancel your card, and comlplian to the Better Business Bureau. Tell everone you know.

• Cj
    cjgc Nov 12, 2009

last week gevalia called me and offered a free coffee maker if I agreed to buy their coffee. I already have their coffee maker and coffee . Dont like the coffee refused the offer. Just checked my account and find I have been billed for shipment of coffee. I will have to cancel my credit card . Apparently they will continue this scam

s-a-m Nov 18, 2009

I to had been charged for a shipment $41.75 that i did not ask for, i called and the rep said something about a special and a card they sent out i still dont know what there talking about and told them i did not order it and if that was the case i was just going to cancell the whole account, which i do get a small shipment but only every 5 or 6 months he said he would credit back the money on my card for the $41.75 but after reading this i guess i will see and really dont even trust them anymore so think i will have to just cancell out card to cancell the account.

matt12 Nov 20, 2009

Just got a coffee maker for two and two coffee bags. didnt order this crap. called and 'cancelled' my account. called again to their automated service and there is a delivery scheduled for the middle of December for more freaking coffee. called the customer rep again and they said my account has been flagged 'fraudulent' but wouldnt give me a confirmation number or any other information. ###. i dont even like coffee !!!

• Ji
    Jim Brederall Nov 30, 2009

I thought the coffee was good, but didn't like the lack of helpful customer service when i needed to change my order.

Switched over to www.camanoislandcoffee.com - Same thing without the headaches - and the coffee is arguable better. Good luck!

• Fa
    Favre04 Dec 02, 2009

Just received a coffee maker and 2 packages of coffee from Gevalia today, shipped to our address in my wife's name. She swears she never ordered it, so she called and spoke to a CSR. Somehow, they had our name, address and correct credit card number, and even gave us a time/date when the order was placed. There is absolutely no way she made this order. We cancelled our "account" whatever that means, but based on the remarks I'm reading here, I have no confidence that they won't continue to send us coffee and charge our card. I can't imagine what the strategy is behind this deceitful business practice.

• Pm
    pmo Dec 24, 2009

Hi, all. Our experiences with Gevalia go back longer than a decade, and they have been positive. It began with a relative sending us a gift from Gevalia. Some years later, when they had a special offer of a coffee maker, we ordered some coffee. We received the coffee maker, the coffee and all was fine. We canceled the automatic shipments in less than a year, but did place some orders occasionally. I was worried that it would be difficult to cancel the automatic shipments, since they had sent us a free gift, obviously hoping that we would maintain the monthly shipments, but we had no problem. We also liked the coffee. In March 2009 we purchased a Tassimo coffee maker. An offer for free Gevalia 't-disks' came with the coffee maker. We submitted the coupon and received the free coffee without any problem. We placed one or two orders of Gevalia coffee for our Tassimo coffee maker, since Gevalia has the largest selection of Tassimo 't-disks'. We have had no problems with Gevalia. For the Tassimo coffee maker, the Gevalia Signature Crema is the best coffee we have had in the USA. The taste of this coffee is the only thing even remotely similar to the coffee that we have had in Paris. You may want to check the reviews of the Tassimo coffee maker on Amazon, where you will find some reviews of Gevalia coffee. I haven't looked at the reviews since the first quarter of 2009. I don't remember there being negative reviews of the company on Amazon. I'm going to check it out right now, though, to see if there have been any recent negative comments about Gevalia.

Anne G. Dec 30, 2009

I signed up to get two pkgs of coffee, one decaf and one regular, every 12 weeks. I too got the holiday shipment that included four boxes, all decaf which is their more expensive coffee, and returned it marked NOT ORDERED without opening it. I got a postcard yesterday stating they had credited the amount and were cancelling my account until I called them. Suits me fine. Then I also got a bill stating the refunded amount is for the coffee only and that I'm still responsible for the return shipping costs. That I plan to fight. Thankfully, we paid by check when we signed up and they can't charge our debit card.

• Sm
    smartgirl325 Jan 01, 2010

I am leary of this Gevalia coffee business the complaints are real. If you had used a prepaid Visa like me you wouldn't have any problems they wouldn't be able to charge your credit cards unless you provided them with it. From now on use a prepaid Visa Card It will save you headache.

• Fa
    Farkle Jan 21, 2010

Just before Christmas I received a e-mail telling me that my coffee had been shipped. I thought to myself, I didn't order any coffee . I was charged $47.00 for the so called gourmet coffee. I haven't called them yet, but, after reading all the complaints here, I am making it a priority. I paid the $47.00. Actually they charged my card. You can call their actions anything you want, as for me I call it a scam. I think $47.00 for 2# of coffee is absurd, gourmet or not. as soon as I get finished with this comment I am going to cancel my subscription. Another company that should be BUYER BEWARE is Columbia House DVD club. The company requires you purchase 5 dvd's at regular club prices after you get your free dvd's . Not only are the dvd's expensive, they charge a shipping & handling charge. when you add it up, the cost of a dvd is $22.00 and when I looked closely at the product, I noticed that they where generic. By that I mean, their was no sleeve and no information you usually see when purchased at a store. I order Slum Dog Millionaire and when I reieived it it would not play on my blue ray player even though it was suppose to be a blue ray disc. This is another company I am going to cancel my subscription with. The old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. " BUYER BEWARE is all I hae to say.

• Be
    betsylovesgevalia Jan 24, 2010

-i've been a long time customer of gevalia, i think for about 3-4 years now.after reading all the complaints that you actually posted against them, i really can't believe that they are really doing that because they actually explained everything from the first shipment how the membership works and it is really up to you how you are going to handle the acct. i really love their coffees and the service as well. the rep are really nice although sometimes it's really hard to understand them because of their strong accent. i also received that special shipment that they are sending once a year. i got irritated too when they sent that to me but when i called them, they told me that i can keep the coffees free of charge. i am very pleased when they did that!

• Wa
    Wachtelkönig Feb 25, 2010

Same happend here. Unsolicited package, invoice over 7 bucks, charged to my Visa card. Data certainly stolen, and apparently from a card I cancelled in December (had gotten notified then by an online business that their database got hacked). No money movement on my account (bogus order date is February 8). So the whole thing is probably criminal. Never gave them credit card details (didn't know the business before).

mariolina Mar 20, 2010

I cancelled several times, first time before the end of the year, and still got e-mail that a shipment I never ordered was coming, phoned and cancelled yet again in plenty of time according to their instructions, mailed package back, and am disputing this last Gevalia amount with credit card company. Thank God AmEx goes to bat for us. The Gevalia coffee in half pound or less amounts is not worth anywhere near the high price we pay for it. Go to your local coffee stores instead.

• La
    Larry Myrick Jun 06, 2010

i also called them and canceled the auto shipments, their reply was no problem it's taken care of, well they have taken money again from my bank account. How in the hell can you trust people with your account numbers when they lie to you. Is there an internet police system or should i go to the local authorities here in Wenatchee Wa. I mean is'nt it stealing when company's take money they are not aurthorized to take. Again...is there an internet police system? if there isn't maybe someone should look into it...Larry [protected]@live.com

• Mo
    momofbnd Jul 11, 2010

We just got off phone with CSR and their manager for 3 debits to my account on this product I had never heard of! They had my name, address, credit card info and ordering date but wrong email address and phone number??? I demanded a credit processed and I immediately called to cancel my credit card with my bank. In reading here, I am very glad I cancelled my card but am very concerned about this company and their business practices. The big question is HOW they got my credit card number?! Would certainly never do business with this company even if I wanted to!

• Da
    D&B San Jose Oct 09, 2010

Similar story. My husband got the unwanted shipment of coffee maker/coffee/mug, etc. Our card had been charged for it. We never had heard of the company, had not ordered the coffee, and knew nothing of them until this package arrived. We called. They gave us date/time of order, had our credit card. Said they would refund and we could keep the items for the inconvenience (huh? why would they do that. Either the value of this crap is so low they can afford to do that, or they are making so much profit off the people who never check and notice they are being billed that they can afford the occasional give away. I'm so leary they are going to continue this practice some future date down the road. Probably will have to cancel the card, but since there is no sign of how they got it to begin with, it's worrysome that it could happen again with another card.

• Qu
    quinnmann Nov 02, 2010

Does anyone know how this happens? How do they get our Credit/Debit numbers without our consent? My bank actually called me and asked if I had made the purchase with my Debit card, of course I had no idea what they were talikng about. 31.75 was taken from my checking account and I never Knew anything about it!!! I called the Co. and they said and to quote " We are sorry sir, we will debit your acct., and Keep the coffee maker as an apology!!! Can you belive that?

• Ts
    TSHAFF80 Nov 17, 2010

These guys are crooks. This is what you need to know. When you sign up for gevalia, they make 2 accounts for you. 1 account that you have full control over online, and 1 that you cannot see. The account you cannot see is your "special yearly coffee shipment" that supposedly is written in their terms of service that you agree to. Now shame on me for not reading the fine print, but clearly they're hiding this extra coffee shipment in a separate account so you're not aware. If you call, they will apologize and supposedly credit your account and you can keep the coffee. YOU MUST ask them to cancel the account with the account number that came with the "special yearly shipment". If you're smart, you'll cancel both accounts and not deal with businesses like this.

• Th
    thomie8 Dec 04, 2010

I joined Gevalia 2 times the past 10 years. I get the free coffee maker and buy a few shipments of the Cinnamon Coffee. I joined again about 4 months ago. I got the coffee maker and the first shipment of coffee. I then had a subsequent shipment of 2 pounds of Cinnamom coffee. I then received a phonecall from an anoying balck woman from Gevalia trying to get me to buy some special Seasonal coffees. I tried to be polite, but when I determined she was bound and determined not to take NO for an answer, I said "I am not interested!!" and hung up.
    Two weeks later the Seasonal Coffees were sent to me with a bill for $41. I called and quit Gevalia. I'm not paying for the Seasonal coffees and sent them back. I Won't Buy From Gevalia AGAIN!!!

• Je
    jeszay Dec 14, 2010

My wife ordered some online tassimo packages after we bought our tassimo in February 2010. I love the Maxwell House Lattes, they are the closest thing to caramel machiata I'll get I guess. My wife made a 1 time order of like 3 packages and paid close to retail price for all plus shipping from Tassimo direct. Well here we are in the month of December on a super-tight budget and they send us 2 unrequested packages of French roast. I didn't know any better and figured we were blessed. Yeah right, I should know better that ain't nothing free and be leery of items that look like promotions. So I dove into the French roast and when my wife, the only one employed right now, found out that there was a bill included she called to find out that she did not pay attention to the fact that it was her up to her to be removed ...from what???? She made that online order back in February, so they are into the business of reading minds and sending you a Psychic obtained order placement. I guess we are both absent-minded that "Good Businesses" have good policies in place not to misguide and leave accounts open for their interpretation on when and how to service. The sad thing is my wife and I spend $50 a month on Tassimo at Walmart or Target and tassimo smashed some of their coffee loving customers. So what do I do from here other than vent on a blog, I research and start looking into buying an inexpensive expresso machine and start telling everyone else how my wife and I have achieved a great cup of expresso without Tassimo as where before we ranted and raved about tassimo. BAD BUSINESS PRAC TICES. We have saved all invoices and will be submitting to BBB as well.

jack1141 Dec 29, 2010

i have been trying to cancel my account with gevalia for weeks online but from what i am reading in reviews that wont work either. I tried to cnacel on line but after filling out there form to cance there is not a button to "send" the message. There is a button to "chat now". I clicked that and no online chat nor a phone call from gevalia. VERY poor customer service!
    I will never use them again (assuming i ever get my account cancelled) and i am already telling my family and friends that gevalia is a HUGE ripoff.

antebellum13 Mar 28, 2011

I received this as well. I called and asked them if I could please return it. First, they offered me a discount towards a future coffee, under the pretense that I would still keep and pay for the $41.00 unwanted coffee. When I said no, they offered me 50% off on the coffee, so I'd only have to pay around $20. I said no again, I need the money for my school tuition. Finally, the guy said that he would cancel future shipments and that I could keep the coffee for free, because my card had been unable to be charged when they sent the coffee. Really? You're gonna let me keep the stuff directly after trying to get me to buy it? I'm selling it on Ebay. May as well make some money off it, it doesn't look like it will taste good anyway. They also told me that I hadn't responded to a supposed postcard they'd sent out, therefore it was automatically shipped. I never received a postcard. Thieving [censor].

• Ea
    Easterday Apr 11, 2011

Just had a similar situation with Tassimo. Found a large box on my doorstep with a coffee pot and coffee. Never ordered a thing. Called the company to cancel. They had my credit card information, address, everything. Very scary! I called my credit card company and Tassimo had two "pending charges" to my account $119 and $168. How is this legal? What actions can I take against this company?

• Ha
    happy customer a-z Apr 29, 2012

I read so many negative contents on here it blows my mind. I have been a Gevalia customer 7 years straight now and was ordering even before that time. I have never had any problem. A person turns in your name etc. at the beginning so they send you a very nice looking coffee pot and coffee. I think their coffee tastes better than starbucks. They seem to bend over backwards to please you. I to had a shpmt on a once a year promotion of coffees, I called them and they said no dont return it just keep it as they took it off my bill. I dont understand all these comments. I think something else was going on that made you upset with them so you post negative things on their website as it makes you feel better. For now I am very happy with Gevalia. I am sorry for so many negative people.