Having problems with Gevalia?

Elm Street, 4th Floor
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

k cups

I am a keurig owner and I love drinking coffee. I am writing to complain about your gevalia brand (dark royal...

they changed their membership, we cancelled, they sent to collections

My dad had an automated delivery service for years with gevalia. He paid monthly by check and was never in...

customer service

I'm been trying for over a week to change the address on my auto delivery order as well as cancel the auto...

cappuccino

I've purchased two boxes of Gevalia Kaffe Cappuccino 2-step 9 packs recently for the Keuig hot that were...

Cheaters

I received a promo code which gave me a 15% discount. It seemed like a great deal so I decided to use the code and order something from Gevalia. I called Gevalia and placed my order online. I bought two packs of coffee beans from them. Customer service rep told me that code was successfully applied. When I received the bill I saw that there was no discount and I had to pay the full price! I contacted them again and spoke to another rep who told that was an accident but unfortunately there was nothing they could do. I asked them to cancel my order but they said that was not possible. I will not buy from them again!

Here is what I HATE about Gevalia

Here is what I HATE about Gevalia... Their coffee sucks and for those of you who enjoy their under roasted, completely stale beans...well, then you just like bad coffee. But my current rant about the company is that I got an unsolicited email from them recently and I sent them back (on their link) a message to unsubscribe...and suddenly I have an account with them!!! And I can't cancel! I'm not currently getting any beans from them (I am thankful for small miracles) but I am not only getting spammed by them, I am getting spammed by EVERYTHING that KRAFT foods, inc owns. Yeah... sorry to burst your bubble those of you thinking you are getting the best coffee in the world: they are owned by Kraft Foods, inc., makers of Cheeze Whiz. Just...please re-think your subscription to GEVALIA and buy your coffee in small batches at your local organic store that sells shade-grown/fair-trade/not-killing-songbirds coffee. GEVALIA is the coffee equivalent to Tar Sand Mining. We can do better, people!

Unauthorized Charges to my bank account

I was supposed to receive 2 lbs of coffee every 10 weeks and 2 lbs of their select coffee every 12 weeks. Starting August of 2011 I received 2 shipments of coffee in August, 1 in September, 2 in October, (at this point I cancelled my account and have proof), then I received 2 shipments in December and 2 in the beginning of February. Well, now I'm being charged again on February 13 for, yep...2 shipmenst. This would make a total of 4 in February. I got my bank to reverse the 2 early charges in February, but the charges have shown up again. Now I'm on forever hold trying to get ahold of a human being to try and find out what this companys problem is.

Bunny Pink Dec 04, 2012

YOU MUST FILE YOUR REPORT TO Delaware Dept. of Justice directly because the business is located in Delaware. Here is the information. You can file a complaint online:

Gevalia's customer complain dept's rep's name is Veronica. Her contact no. is 1-800-343-8254 Option 1

Veronica called me prompted by DA from Delaware. She asked me to file the case to a local police department in your own town. With the police report, they can start the investigation by tracking down the IP address.

Hundreds similar complaints are going around on Internet. If all of the victims file complaint to DA and police, Gevalia finally gives in, I hope.

Dissapointed customer

Prior to 17 Dec 2010, I was a loyal Gevalia customer. This company is definitely under new management. Never in the history of ordering coffee have I been so mis-handled as a customer. After 3 attempts to order on-line and receiving error message i made the mistake of calling Gevalia. Was told they could no longer deliver coffee to this address, "do you have another address, we'll send it there"? But I live at this address. "Sorry, the computer says we can't deliver to this address. Today, 27 Jan the issue remains unresolved. I have spoken to Jennifer twice, Ren, Kathy, Mark, Raf, James. Used the contact "secure" email 3 times, never received a reply. Wanted to wait on the line for someone 4 times, they'll come back to the phone to tell me the service rep is the phone and will call me within 24 hours. Phone call never came. Call back, apparently they have been calling but I didn't answer. Fat chance of that I am immobile and leave the house only with assistance. By the way, not once was a message left. Then received a letter 13 Jan with their personal executive number, [protected], signed by Bryan, just "Bryan". Of course he was on the line and please leave a detailed message and he will call back within the same 24hr period. Called 5 consecutive days. Same message...What a busy man!!! I guess the clincher is the part on the letter stating, "if we do not hear from you, we will "***"ume this matter has been resolved to your satisfaction".

It's no longer about the coffee, it's about business/consumer professionalism. They offer a good coffee and tea product. Just not good enough to accept this treatment.

I don't know what to do next. But I will do something.

Unwanted shipment

After being a customer for a number of years I asked them to discontinue sending the next order until further notice, which was due in 8 weeks. Gevalia ignored my request and sent the order and I promptly sent it back via the same way it was delivered, i.e. UPS shipping. They then billed me for the shipping which I have refused to pay. They now send me monthly bills for the shipping and is threatening me with a bill collector, North Shore Agency. Looks like a case of SOUR GRAPES. An unhappy ending is not usually good sign for future business activity.

poor rude service, no resolution

We've ordered Gevalia and enjoyed free offers a few times over the past maybe five years or so. The...

Unauthoraized tranaction

Notorious for illegal selling practice with unauthorized charge to consumers' credit card. The credit card information is obtained illegally.

YOU MUST FILE YOUR REPORT TO Delaware Dept. of Justice directly because the business is located in Delaware. Here is the information:

You can file a complaint online.
There are many similar private complaining site which does not help you at all.

Bunny Pink Sep 28, 2010

You must report it to your local state government. ie. California Department of Consumer Affairs. You can file a complaint online.
    There are many similar private complaining site whici does not help you at all.

YOU MUST FILE YOUR REPORT TO
    "DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS" run by your STATE government.

You can also file the complaint to Better Business Bureau online as well.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Sep 28, 2010

Can you explain how they illegally obtain your information? Because you do have to provide it to get their deal.

Bunny Pink Sep 29, 2010

Yes, I have enough evidence.
    CA gov. has contacted me saying that I should contact Delaware Dept. of Justice directly because the business is located in Delaware. Here is the information:

• Po
    pobarjenkins Sep 29, 2010

Just to let you know, it's more helpful to other consumers if you give more detailed information other than "I have evidence."

Bunny Pink Sep 30, 2010

I had a chance to talk with a supervisor of Gevalia via BBB. They say this type of error/theft happens randomly and please go ahead and bring it to the local police department.

Bunny Pink Oct 07, 2010

Finally district attorneys in Delaware contacted Gevalia. A rep from Gevalia gave me a call and gave me the following instructions.

Contact my local police dept. and find the IP code no. with the help of police dept.
    Fax the IP no. to Gevalia so that they can investigate.

Wait a minute. I did not even access to their website. How could I find the suspect's IP code? They are the ones who received the order from someone with my credit card information. Their instructions do not make any sense. I will call them tomorrow.

Gevalia's legal dept's rep's name is Veronica. Her contact no. is 1-800-343-8254 Option 1

Bunny Pink Oct 14, 2010

I filed a complaint to the local police dept. The officer created a case no. and contacted Delaware DA.

Bad customer service

Some of gevalia's coffee is good. But their customer service is the worst and most unreasonable I've ever dealt with. I was having coffee delivered 20 years ago with automatic payment through my bank. I changed my bank and forgot to change Gevalia to the new bank so one shipment came without me paying on time. Instead of calling or notifying there was a problem they cancelled all service, even though I paid them immediately on finding out what the problem was - why I wasn't getting coffee. Then a few months ago I thought I'd give them a try again. They blocked all my efforts to sign up without an explanation so I called -waited 20 minutes to get a person on the phone - who then finally said they'd "let me" start delivery again. I got 2 deliveries then all of a sudden my deliveries were "suspended" without explanation. I contacted them and they said they couldn't deliver to me because of the non-payment (which I paid) 20 years earlier!! That's after I paid for 2 deliveries. I explained I had already worked that out - look at your records. They said basically - too bad. I have a credit score > 800. I can buy a $600, 000 house w/o problems - yet I can't get this ridiculous company to continue deliveries to me. They disgust me.

May actually assist Identity Thieves

I too just received a shipment from Gevalia that I had not asked for, and when I contacted them online I was told the order was paid for using a VISA card that ended in 9571 and expires in 3/2011. The Gevalia Rep (Laurie Osmon Executive Representative for Gevalia ) would not tell me the name of the bank that issued the card, so VISA Global was unable to stop it in its tracks and neutralize the thief quickly.

Hopefully the police and Feds will have better luck getting info from Ms Osmon than I did.

Looks like Gevalia is willing to assist newbie Identity Thieves so long as they place an order for a Gevalia product, and to *** with the consumers who get hurt by their obstruction.

• Ge
    Georgio Armani Sep 23, 2010

Similar thing happened to me, too. My card was used by someone else. The product was sent to me. How did they get my credit card no. and address? Until I received the product, I did not know who Gevalia was. Does their system have bugs? Or is it a crime and they are victim also?

• Je
    jejejeemem Sep 27, 2010

You can file your complaint here.

Bunny Pink Oct 09, 2010

I contacted DA of Delaware which is working very well.

Then, you contact this person from Gevalia:

Veronica 1-800-343-8254 option 1

OK? Contact DA first. Otherwise, Gevalia does not care about ID theft so they ignore your concerns about how they got the order with your credit card information. Regular customer reps. from possibly India are dumb and no access to their head office in Delaware.

• Ar
    armed_partisan Nov 13, 2010

Exact same thing happened to me as happened to you all. I do not take kindly to my maxed out credit card (my fault) being used to buy mediocre coffee that I didn't want in the first place (their fault)! I totally understand that some information is easily accessable via the internet, like names, addresses, phone numbers, photos, etc. but there's no reason they should be able to get my credit card number! Here's a blog entry I wrote on this:

Unauthorized charge to my card

On 2 August I noticed a charge from Gevalia on my credit card statement. I queried the charge with my bank as I had not ordered anything from Gevalia, or signed up to anything from Gevalia. In fact, I didn't even know what they did or what they were until I looked them up online. The bank agreed to reimburse the charge as it was an unauthorized transaction and I went to the trouble of cancelling my credit card to prevent further unauthorized charges.

Imagine my surprise then when eight days later I received a package from Gevalia. I called their customer service to explain that I had not placed an order with them and that I had refused the charge to my card. And to repeat, they were NOT to send me things or attempt to charge me again. I was assured that it was all just a mistake and that I would receive no further communication from them.

What concerns me about this incident is how on earth my credit card details and address were obtained and used by Gevalia. I had not signed up to a special offer run by them, so it's not as if I was misunderstanding a free trial offer; I had not bought from them in the past so they could not have my card details on file. Their Customer Service representative tried to convince me that someone had hacked my card to place the order. But why would a scammer send me coffee, using my card?! Surely they would take the opportunity to buy themselves stuff?! All very strange.

• Sw
    sweetbiella Sep 14, 2010

Okay. So I signed up one time for two free coffees. I got charged around $3 for the shipping. Next few days I received my coffee and I was excited. I don't drink coffee that much. But few weeks later these suckers sent me a box with 4 coffees!! I did not order any of them. At first I didn't think of it as anything and thought wow okay another box of coffee...it sat there for two weeks I didn't use any of the new coffees since I hadn't even finished half of the the free ones I got. Today I decided to check the box and there was an envelope on top I removed it and then I saw a $40 dollar charge that claimed I had already paid it!. So I called the company and explain everything to them and tell them to cancel my account immediately. Then the woman start persuading me I'll get $5 off for shipments if I continue. I tell her again I want my account canceled!!!. and guess what!! she keeps telling me about the special offer of $5 off blah. I mean what the heck is wrong with that lady!! for the third time I told her "I want my account canceled". She told me it'll be canceled within 3 days but I'll still be charged for the shipment of the coffee..what the heck!!
    Lesson learned: I'm not getting anywhere near that site!

• Jk
    Jkoe1978 Sep 14, 2010

Exact same thing happened to me. I had never heard of Gevalia either before this incident. The odd thing for me was how the customer service rep thought nothing of it when I told her I never ordered from them. She didn't question anything. She just said OK, and credited me for what they charged me. I had already received the coffee maker, and she said I should just keep it and I could start up my membership any time I wanted by calling them. That does not seem to me like a thief doing a small charge to test security. I've always thought it was a Gevalia sales person that was having a bad month and decided to make fraudulent accounts hoping the person would decide to keep the coffee.

• Jr
    J Rich Sep 29, 2010

I am in Tennessee and had the EXACT same thing happen to me. I had to notify my credit card company which immediately changed my number and overnighted me a new card. This is blatant fraud and it amazes me that the Delaware authorities don't raid the P O Box of these crooks in Dover, DE. The address they show on their shipment does NOT exist in Dover, DE. American Express is filing charges against them.

• Jk
    Jkoe1978 Oct 01, 2010

Stealth, the original poster didn't give Gevalia any credit card info. NicolaW1 didn't buy anything, and neither did I. I just had charges from Gevalia show up out of the blue on my credit card. My bank at the time actually called me to ask me about that transaction as they thought it might be fraudulent. I don't think having the ability to read would help in this particular situation. Although I do agree with you for questioning what American Express is filing charges about in J Rich's post.

• Wi
    Wind Jun 07, 2011

Currently I am going through a big hassle with Gevalia. I've received several shipments without a problem until last month. Gevalia tried to deliver it to a Georgia address; I live in California! I had lived in Georgia until 2007, however, I wasn't a member under this account at the time. Furthermore, the address wasn't where I had lived, anyways... so, Gevalia sent another shipment along with billing me a second time. When I informed Gevalia customer service of the issue and asked them to close my account, Roger Paquette closed my account and argued in a few emails that I had indeed been credited and that my account balance was $0.00. I still have NOT received the second shipment and credit!

Jahcbx Nov 15, 2012

I ordered 12 items and received only 10, but got charged for all 12. I may 5 separate contacts in 7 days to Gevalia to get refunded for the 2 items they never sent. NOTHING HAPPENED! I then filed a complaint with the BBB and got my refund 2 days later. How sad that such a quality product gets such a bad reputation form poor personnel. I'll never order online from Gevalia again!

Bunny Pink Dec 04, 2012

wont credit my account

I have been charged three times for coffee that I have never received. I have called at least six times to straighten this out. I have dates and names of every cust. svc. person I spoke to. Instead of resending me coffee they charge my account $29.40. I was charged on June 3, June 15 and July 23. No one will call me back or credit my account. I have now cancelled my account but I still need a credit.

• Je
    jejejeemem Sep 25, 2010

1. Call your credit card company and ask for the refund
    2. Call Gevalia and ask them to stop it
    3. Report to BBB (online available)

Lousy customer service

Gevalia recently me $29.95 for nothing. I did not order anything and not ever receive anything from them. I called their customer service phone number for 5 times. Each time I have to explain the fraud story from the very beginning. Their well-trained service representative have only one answer:we will make a report for you and someone will call you back in 48 hours. However, never and ever, anyone called me in the past 20 days!!! When I asked them my record number, they do not even have one. Also they would not tell you their employee ID or something to track your irregularity. What I am afraid is that they hold my credit card information and they may charge me every month. Shame on this company.

an8inchmike Dec 30, 2010

Moonies are Moonies, the number you have to call to get this cancelled is 1-800-671-2958. Just stick to your guns as they will try and offer a FREE gift but say NO, I WANT TO CANCEL! Simple as that!

Poor service

Ordered coffeemaker with coffee; was happy with both. Reordered coffee once and then cancelled. Now I keep getting unauthorized coffee via UPS. E-mailed company, no response; tried calling twice and both times got third world country as an operator that I could not understand. She would not put a supervisor on the phone.

• Justin Hammer May 12, 2010

Do you have a copy of the cancell notice? You need to have that, and then send it again via certified mail. Also, you dodnt have to take packages from UPS, you can refuse them. Make sure also get a copy of the receipt for proof of purchace from the original machine of service

• Re
    rengarcia7 May 12, 2010

You are right. It's very tough to cancel membership once you've joined.

• Be
    Ben Carter Jun 23, 2010

I received coffee regurlarly until January/February 2010 and I no longer heard from your company.Why has Gevalia discontinued my account? I payed for each order I received and was enjoying the product. Could you continue your service to my residance. Please tell me why Gevalia no longer supplies their service to me?

COFFEE ORDER

I WENT ONLINE TO THIS COMPANY. SUPPOSED TO BE THAT YOU COULD ORDER A ONE TIME SAMPLE OF THEIR COFFEE. AFTER THEY GET YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO. IT IS THEN STATED THAT EVERY 6 WEEKS 6.95 TO 8.95 PLUS 5.85 SHIPPING WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM YOUR ACCOUNT. I CALLED RIGHT AWAY TO GET THIS CANCELLED AND WAS TOLD TO WAIT 24 TO 48 HRS AND TO CALL BACK, I HAVE DONE THIS AND AM TOLD THAT THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF THE ACCOUNT YET MONEY WAS DEDUCETD FROM MY ACCOUNT. I CALLED TODAY AND WAS TOLD THAT THEIR IS STILL NO ACCOUNT SHOWING AND NOW IT HAS BEEN 72 HRS. IT WAS ONLY 3.00 TO START WITH BUT IF THIS DOESN'T GET RESOLVED BY THE END OF THIS MONTH THE FIRST OF JAN IT COULD WIND UP COSTING ME 45.00. I DON'T THINK THIS IS FAIR BUSINESS PRACITICES IF THEY CAN WITHDRAW MONEY FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT THEY MUST HAVE SOME ACCOUNT TO PLACE THE PAYMENT. BEWARE OF GEVALIA AND ALL OF THEIR COFFEE OFFERS.

JaneChiang Jan 28, 2010

Hi,
    Have you finally successfully canceled your acoount?

I joined the same "trial" project and paid $3, and I canceled my account when I found out there will be "auto charges" in the future. I canceled via online customer service. Maybe you can try it. However, I haven't recived the letter of cancellation yet and I had tried 2 times to rush them. I think it would be safer to have one.

Arrogance and incompetence

I recently gave four orders to Gevalia, amounting to several hundred dollars. When the first box, with a two-person coffee maker, arrived, it did not include the 10-percent discount and free shipping. I was overcharged by $18.95. I called Gevalia, which is outsourced to Manila in the Philippines, and was told "too bad." Beware! When you order online, you are not informed of total costs. You have three areas of TBDs when you are told to hit enter for the final sale. The arrogant crew in Manila really stinks. When I called after five days, I was told that my other orders would not be shipped for a month. The coffee just is not that good, either. I canceled all my orders, all because the company refused to refund $18.95.

Stay away from them

I've been buying Gevalia for well over 3 yrs.

All of a sudden, I'm receiving a notice from North Shore Agency( a collection agency) stating I owe $39.70 to Gevalia. I called Gevalia and I was told they have no credit card on file. The credit card that was being charged has not expired yet. So, what kind of business are they running that they send their customers to a collection agency without notifying the customer first?! A persons credit could be damaged by this kind of practice. In the future, I will no longer buy Gevalia.