GCUNO REFUND CHECK

B

Have yet to receive my refund check from GCU. They sent me a partial check but still have not received the other $2700. I have been calling my financial adviser, only to never get a call back. I have e-mailed her many times, no response. I even e-mailed and called my old financial adviser, again, no response. When I call and get connected to the next available financial adviser, they just tell me they don't know when I will receive it. HAHA! What a great University! I am in my first year at GCU and not sure if I will continue on here for my upcoming years. The staff is either shorthanded or inconsiderate. Either way, at the price I am paying to attend their University, there should at least be responses to my e-mails and voice mails, but nope, nothing. It is just preposterous! Oh, and not to mention other GCU students have already got their refund checks, but weeks ago!

• Wr
    wrongchoice Aug 06, 2010

I too amd a GCU student. My disbursement was scheduled for 7-5-2010 and I still have not gotten a refund check AT ALL I hate this school and am looking into who i can complain to about the Finance department.

• Rd
    rdnaillon Aug 25, 2010

I am in my senior year at GCU and am stuck. They have been jerking my chain since June. They have canceled my finacial aid several times because of their own mistakes. I am trapped and cannot get out because I am so close to graduation. They have the most messed up finacial aid department anywhere. I had to fight to prove I had been in class, convince them I had not graduated and have been promised over and over again that they would contact me and fix it. Someone needs to audit them and fix this mess.

• Gr
    Graduate student 2011 Aug 31, 2010

I wish that I could say the financial aid department is really great, but I cannot. I complete the first half of my semester this Wednesday, and I still do not have my refund check--my account has not even been cleared. I have called repeatedly but my financial aid counselor does not even pick up her phone anymore, and with talking to a different person every single time you get a different answer every single time. I am appalled and disappointed with this university. I wish that I could just transfer but I cannot! I have THREE classes to go before I complete my program.
    I am praying to God that I make it through this trial because it is just that a trial of my faith. GCU should not be able to get away with what they are doing to online students, but how do we fight back that is what I want to know...how do we fight back?!

alcorona67 Jan 07, 2011

Now this has been happening since I enrolled back in 2009. I am an online student who is disabled and my illness has left me with a very short life span. I have been dealing with financial aid issues since 2009 and every time I have been my own detective in uncovering all kinds of hold up's and problems that are not mine but the Financial aid departments. I have a 4.0 GPA consistently through my time at GCU. Now I cannot mentally take it anymore. I have lost count the times that I have gone through this. I am done and now I have no choice but to drop out due to the stress. Here is my recent email to a Mr. jesse Lopez.
    Ok it was confirmed by the mail center at GCU that no package was given to them as of today and yesterday. You told me Jesse that it would go out by thursday and now even fed-ex has no record of it being picked up. The lady I spoke to at the mail center at GCU said that if a package is given to them later than 4pm then it wont go out till the following day because the last pick up for Fed-ex is 4pm. I shared with you that I needed to have a date because my Electricity was going to be shut off if not paid by yesterday. After speaking with you yesterday and being given a tracking number to track it I was able to extend the shut off date till today. Now I am being told (Once Again) that this package does not even exist and there is no record at all of it being in transition nor of it being picked up by fed-ex. I dont think anyone understands how much this happens and has consistantly continued to happen to me concerning any type of financial aid from GCU. Once I told that a package is on its way then GCU's reputation is on the line and I have to push and push to get an answer and it is always the same. I just got out of the Emergency ward because of relapsing due to stress and now this. Once again I can that the financial aid department is consistent about one thing..."They promise me one thing and then do the complete opposite."
    You know my power is going to be turned off tonight by 5pm.I do not have the money to make the deposit to turn my power back on when it gets shut off tonight. That is not ok. With all the hospital bills and medication that needs to be paid for we are poorer than before.
    Look I understand and appreciate that many people have worked hard to make things happen concerning any financial aid. I am promised that thing like this will not happen again. I tell my wife and she does not believe aything anyone from GCU has to say and I am the fool for believing. I appreciate all the hard work everyone has done for me but when that hard work leaves me still waiting and then I am havign chest pain's and in the hospital because of all the stress then everyone's promises mean nothing. I cannot force myself to feel better because nothing is alleviating this pain and suffering I am going through. Now I am supposed to be expecting another disbursment at the end of Febuary when i complete this class. I am already stressed knowing what type of anguish and suffering I am going to have to go through when it comes to receiving that disbursment. It has been the same and I am not ready to do it all over again. Perhaps the school is too small too handle all the students.
    This is more stress that I can handle. Do I have to drop out due to all these inconsistencies? This stress has affected not only me but my family to. What does it matter because we are only online students.
    I am going to report this somehow because I have finally had enough. I need the email's of your supervisor's and anyone else who has handled this matter.
    I have already been through this so many times I have lost count and I am finally through. I have held up my end as long as I could so much that it has made me sick to the point of being hospitalized and now I mentally and physically cannot take anymore and I am done playing this game. No student should be subjected to this over and over again. It may be a laughing matter to some but I really do not have much time left to live and I am trying my best to finish my program and to enjoy the time that I do have but your school is not making this any easier. The result of all this is me getting sicker and visiting the emergency room more frequently. I cannot stop my wife from seeking legal help but I can tell you that I do not have the capacity to do this anymore.

alcorona67 Jan 19, 2011

I would say to get used to it. I am in my second year there and I have been dealing with that same problem since day one. Ya know funny thing is that when you owe them money then that financial aid department is all over you. I would say that we all need to contact all the local news papers and all forms of media because there is something seriously wrong with that institution.

• Va
    valerie tisdell Jan 20, 2011

withdrawn after 3rd time on line and still charged me the total fee

• GCUStudentResolutions Jan 20, 2011

Hi Valerie,

Could you kindly contact me by email at Robyn.[protected]@gcu.edu and I will happy to assist you.

Thank you!
    Robyn Itule

Social Media Strategist
    robyn.[protected]@gcu.edu
    [protected]

alcorona67 Feb 09, 2011

To everyone here.
    You know I have had the same problem with them over and over again. I am now speaking with an attorney from an LLC who deals with this type of stress and problems. I have legal documents from GCU and the financial aid department that state when I would receive my financial aid and then never received it. I have all conversations documented and recorded for this very reason. Now I am going to sue the heck out of the fake little world. The attorney I spoke to already told me that there first mistake was to make these promises on paper/email then not to go through with what they put in paper/email form. I have been so stressed over all of this that it is making me sick. Dont pay any attention to the person Robin that intervenes for GCU because I was promised by her too that someone would reach me concerning my issues but ya know...thats GCU for you a school that never EVER goes through with what they promise their students. I am also enrolling un another school that knows how to treat their students right after this pathetic overly expensive $60.00 community biology class is done.

• Br
    Brian007 Mar 22, 2011

Hello all,
    Myself and several other students are having issues with GCU and their fraudulent credit banking. We were promised 80 credits upon our enrollment due to heavy life expierence, as well as attending accredited public safety academies such as the NYPD and Fairfax county Fire academy. None of us have been awarded our credits after numerous failed attempts of both written and phone contacts. I`m guessing a class action lawsuit or other steps maybe the only way to get help.

• Je
    jeremy wilcox Mar 24, 2011

i've completed my fourth class with them and I still have'nt received a check. the funny thing is I have to pay them for a class out of that check and yes they are all over me for it. But they say they mailed the check out to me on the 18th. today is the 24th. what did they do put it on a stage coach to new york ?

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices