GC Serviceswrong person

E Review updated:

I CALLED THE AGENCY BECAUSE I AM NOT THE PERSON THEY ARE LOOKING FOR AND THEY PRETTY MUCH BLEW ME OFF STATING THEY HAD THE RIGHT PERSON ASKING ME FOR MY DRIVER LICENSE INFO.I REFUSED TO GIVE IT BECAUSE I KNOW THEY HAVE THE WRONG ADDRESS.THEY ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO LIVES IN VAN NUYS AND I LIVE IN RIVERSIDE AND DO NOT OWN A FORD EXPLORER.PLEASE HELP ME THEY STATED THEY WILL GET MY DRIVER LICENSE NUMBER FROM THE DMV. THE TICKETS THEY ARE TRYING TO COLLECT DO NOT BELONG TO ME.PLEASE HELP ME .SINCERELY EVERETT L. SCOTT
[protected]
[protected]

wrong person

• Jv
    jvg Sep 01, 2009

I keep getting this mail for someone else with my address and everytime I call this company they say they will take care of it. I have sent numerous letters to this place letting them know this is wrong and it still won't stop. They are very rude and tell me why are you worried if this is isn't you. I say because you keep sending it to me the first name is correct but the last name is wrong please fix it and they won't.

• Me
    Melissa L Sep 01, 2009

Honestly I would have to agree with the company on this complaint. I get you want them to stop sending you someone else's mail, but seriously if it's not your bill than just throw it away. It's that easy!

• Gc
    GCscab Mar 01, 2013

Am continually being contacted by this company. I recently purchased a 'new' phone only to find out it was someone else's number; a new phone with a 'used' number. Hence, I now received calls from debt collectors who either are so stupid they cant understand how a person could get a new number OR, they do understand the actual person they want to collect from has changed their phone and WANT to harass honest people who do pay their bills. One thing debt collectors often fail to realize; we have a way of finding them and where they work and live as well... they should really consider this when harassing people as not all of us are non-homocidal!

• Th
    th!sman Mar 02, 2013

Get their details, send in a C&D by CMRRR. Start collecting evidence of them violating your C&D (each infraction is worth $1000 to you) then find a an attorney and sue'em or pro se.

James in LBC Nov 09, 2019

Look, this P.O. Box Address is obviously being used in a SCAM OPERATION of some sort. I got a letter from GC Serivices today myself, saying I owe them $380.00.. the more I looked into it, the more obvious it's become. These people who are using this P.O. Box # in Baldwin Park (7835), and are rip-off scam artists. No question in my mind about it, they're ripping innocent people off blind posing as legitimate debt collectors and even using a legitimate collector's company name, logo, etc. So what is going to be done about it?, (is my question). Why aren't the police notified and the person collecting checks and such from this Baldwin Park P.O. Box put behind bars? It should be a very simple case of finding these people at the PO Box, and putting an end to their shenanigans once and for all. No? But looking here at these complaints, ... there's one dating back to 2009! Ten years this has gone on? Something is very, very odd in that a 10 year old scam is still in operation today. (My letter is dated 11/1/2019) This scam, or 'scam network' is pretty elaborate, I'm thinking, because besides the PO Box in Baldwin Park there are listed 2 other addresses in the letter, and these are the actual addresses of the GC Services company. These criminals are posing as GC Services, putting these false debts out to the innocent public, and collecting the rewards of the worst-gotten gains imaginable, from you and me, at this Baldwin Park P.O. Box facility.

It appears that an actual letter from the GC Services company on a debt collection was used as a template, the "Send payment to" - Baldwin Park address, was simply added, as well as the two (English / Spanish) contact numbers added as well. The current phone numbers for the actual GC Services company are entirely different 800 and 877 numbers. the two listed, 1-877-374-9473 and 1-800-511-3311 are not, and never have been, GC Services company's public phone numbers. When I google search the numbers, they are not legit; so the first thing one should do when you get one of these letters is just that: Google it. There is, on the letter, a section where it says "Citation" (lists a citation number for me), then "Date" (on mine it just has two dashes, ... no actual date), and an "Amount" (they were trying to nail me for $380). My supposed debtor was listed as "La Superior-Depndncy" which I'm assuming means the L.A. Superior Court Children's court, but I noticed the "a" in L.A. is small case and nowhere is that dept., on the internet, ever listed in an abbreviated "Depndncy" format. True, it 'could be' the company's abbreviation code for that dept, but then why would the department name not be stated fully in my letter, and why no address or phone number "for them", so I could track down the original debt if there was one; and no "date" (year), just two dashes(?) I did have business with the L.A. Children's court at one time, but had no sort of debt incurred from them.. this was back in 2005, so for it to be just surfacing from almost 15 years ago, now, (for the first time to my knowledge), just isn't feasible.

Bottom line, it's a scam. Anyone receiving similar from these people, using this payment address, these phone numbers, you should treat it as such. Should we all report these letters to the police so that maybe this operation will be stopped?... I'm thinking, "yes", but I'm also leery in that nothing's been done to stop it in over ten years time, and I'm sure they change phone numbers and PO Boxes periodically, but still, how could it go on this long?... unless, of course, no one's taken the time to bother reporting the scam to the police in the past... so yeah, we all should!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices