GasBuddyunauthorized charge

L

I have already spoken to my attorney regarding this. So put my money back in my account just as fast as you took it out considering I was not made aware of this fee nor did I authorize it! You have overdrawn my bank account! You advertised that this was a FREE SERVICE. You had me put my bank account information in so it would know where to pull the money from WHEN I USED THE CARD TO PAY FOR GAS. I have not received a card, nor have I filled up, so explain to me what this charge is for considering it wasn't made clear to me before, and I have no knowledge of it prior to it being taken out of my account. I am prepared to sue for this as advised by my attorney if this is not made right immediately. No where in all the info or on your advertisement does it mention fees of any kind. In fact the only action that was supposed to have taken place on my account was the two deposits. Which is also false advertisement because you say that I would save $.15 my fist fill up, put if you deposit that money in my account, then your just taking back what you put in and that's not a savings at all. Your just con artist, well your not going to take advantage of me. If you don't fix this as fast as you messed it up, then prepare to see me in court!

• Ly
    Lynne225 Aug 07, 2018

So the small deposits is a test to verify, yes this account, yes they take their money back as they never said they would pay you to use their card either. I am seeing a lot of complaints, but have been very happy other than the limits issue and never been charged a penny of my money, the savings comes in the form of a fill up. You fill up they process the fill up cover .05 per gal/ charge the rest to the account that you agreed to have charged. I have had my card for at least 6 months and never had a problem with it.
    So did they in fact charge you some fee or remove their money which they did not offer to pay you, they said they were testing...i.e. depositing and withdrawing their money to make sure the account works with the card. I am just wondering because it seems like you aren't the only person who though Gas Buddy was suddenly paying people to use a free service.

• Ro
    Rowen19 Oct 05, 2017

I made a similar complaint today. I did not authorize any money to be taken from my account only the two small deposits. I have not received my card and now have a account in the negative. Such a scam!

Comment Guidelines