Garmin International Logo

Garmin International

Having problems with Garmin International?

Garmin International Customer Service Contacts

1800 18 860 019 (Phillipines)
800 886 1072 (Singapore)
+1 913 397 8200 (United States)
+1 503 391 3411 (USA & International)
+44 238 052 4000 (United Kingdom)
+32 26 725 254 (Belgium)
+45 48 105 000 (Denmark)
+358 19 311 001 (Finland)
+351 214 447 460 (Portugal)
+27 112 519 999 (South Africa)
+82 221 415 855 (South Korea)
1200 E. 151st St.
Olathe, Kansas
United States - 66062-3426
Additional Office, United States
2345 Turner Road SE, Salem, OR 97302

Garmin (Europe) Ltd.
Liberty House, Bulls Copse Road, Hounsdown Business Park, Southampton, SO40 9LR, UK

Garmin (Asia) Corporation
No. 68, Zhangshu 2nd Road, Xizhi Dist., New Taipei City 221, Taiwan

Australia
30 Clay Place, Eastern Creek, NSW 2766

Belgium
Pierre Dupontstraat 165, 1140 Brussels, Belgium

France
Immeuble Le Capitole, 55, avenue des Champs Pierreux , 92012 Nanterre Cedex, France

Netherlands
Bramenberg 9-3, 3755 BT Eemnes, Nederland

South Africa
Office 802 - 8th Floor, 11 Cradock Avenue, Rosebank, Johannesburg, 2196

UAE
AMIT, P.O. Box: 1633, Deira, Dubai, U.A.E

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Garmin International Customer Service. Initial Garmin International complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Garmin International above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Garmin International. Discuss the issues you have had with Garmin International and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Garmin Internationalgarmin fenix 5

I ordered a Garmin fenix 5 watch from Garmin website and I received a Handkerchief in the parcel. I ordered this from the advertisement on Instagram which took me to a website names garminlove.club and there what I placed the order. I have some screen shots which I am going to share. I will appreciate if you can help me here. Thank you you can reach me on sanap.[protected]@gmail.com

garmin fenix 5
garmin fenix 5

Garmin Internationalgarmin driveassist 51

i bought this device in June 2018 in Scotland, Immediately i realised that this device was not operated properly and lack response, i sent it to service centre in Kuala Lumpur once i came back to Malaysia. the service centre sent to regional service in Taiwan for rectified the problem, i have my device back two months later and i kept it aside for my next trip to europe.
    i travel to Poland this June 2019 and i reaslised that this device still having the same problem, not operate well and lack respond, it will hang and i have to restart or re-key in the location, but overall not operate properly.
    i hope garmin can replace me a new same model unit as it proof that i had bought a defect unit from the beginning.

Garmin Internationalvívomove® hr watch

I purchased the watch online, when I received it I plugged it into the charger and it worked fine for about 1 hour. After an hour I could not get it to turn back on. After plugging it in for over 24 hours, there was still no response. I contacted the customer service and it took about 3 days for them to reply, the only thing I got told was to download software to detect the problem. I did this however the software could not recognise the device was even connected to my computer. I then purchased a new charger and I still got no response at all. I sent another email to customer service updating them on the issue and I did not get a reply.

Jun 14, 2019

Garmin International — garmin fake website

I visited a garmin website. I thought it was authentic. Everything was on sale. The website i...

Garmin Internationallifetime map updated

I purchaed a lifetime update for my garmin sat nav. Tried to do an update today to be told that my account has been deleted and I need to pay another £89.99 or buy a new device!!! Both customer services reps rude and unhelpful. Garmin claim that if you do not update the unit every 3 months the lifetime update ends! I thought I understood the term lifetime. I am still alive and the t&c when I bought the lifetime update said nothing about updating every 3 months. This is real underhand dealing by Garmin - beware if you are going to buy a liftime update

Feb 02, 2019

Garmin International — garmin forerunner 30 water damage.

In October 2017 I purchased a Garmin Forerunner 30. Because it is classified as swim safe, I originally...

Garmin Internationalgarmin south africa

Dear Sirs

I have been battling with Garmin South Africa to obtain an upgrade on my Garmin 520 (which has become defective), to a Garmin 1030 with extra batter pack, as per the below correspondence thread, however, to no avail.

They have failed to supply me with Garmin International's contact details, so that I can take the matter further, although requested. I am now resorting to Garmin International's anonymous complaints line, trusting that you may be of assistance.

From: Marius van Staden
          Sent: Thursday, 22 November 2018 09:05
          To: 'Pretorius, Jacques'
          Subject: RE: GDA Repair Quotation: Job Ref. 61866

Dear Jacques

Thank you for your e-mail.

I asked that my e-mail be forwarded to Garmin International. Garmin SA undertook to do so.

Kindly do so, that I can directly communicate with Garmin International.

Director
          E-mail : [protected]@savage.co.za

We Are Moving:
          Our new address from 26th November 2018 will be:
          King's Gate
          5, 10th Street, (corner of Brooklyn Road & Justice Mahomed Street)
          Menlo Park,
          Pretoria,
          Our telephone number, fax number, docex and postal address will remain the same.

Note:
          The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender immediately and destroy the original. Savage Jooste and Adams Inc accepts no liability of whatever nature for any loss, liability, damage or expense resulting directly or indirectly from access to this message and any files or links that are attached hereto. This e-mail is opened strictly at your own risk.

From: Pretorius, Jacques [mailto:Jacques.[protected]@garmin.com]
          Sent: Thursday, 22 November 2018 07:31
          To: Marius van Staden
          Subject: RE: GDA Repair Quotation: Job Ref. 61866

Hi Marius

Garmin does unfortunately not run any trade in or upgrade programs.

The service part replacement unit offered is a fixed repair rate for a replacement unit.
          The unit offered is quoted on a like for like model.
          As the edge 520 is still a service part that is available the current replacement model for the edge 520 on our out of warranty replacement offered will be the Edge 520 again.

Please bear in mind that the unit offered is a means to a replacement of a unserviceable product received.
          The unit offered is in line with Garmin international out of warranty Fixed repair rates offered.

Should you wish to acquire an Edge 1030 one will need to be purchased at retail level.
          Garmin would not be able to offer a trade in and pay in towards any other models than quoted.

Jacques Pretorius
          Product Support Administrator

Garmin Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd | http://www.garmin.co.za
          Phone: +[protected]
          The Mall Offices, Office 802 - 8th floor, 11 Cradock Ave, Rosebank, Johannesburg

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be Garmin confidential and/or Garmin legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.

From: Marius van Staden
          Sent: Wednesday, 21 November 2018 11:02 AM
          To: Pretorius, Jacques
          Subject: FW: GDA Repair Quotation: Job Ref. 61866

Dear Josh

I refer to the attached quotation and our discussion just now.

I confirm my request that the unit not be repaired, but that I instead be quoted on an upgrade in respect of a Garmin 1030 with extra battery pack. I confirm your having informed me that Garmin International does not have an upgrade policy.

I confirm having requested you for the e-mail details of Garmin International, that I can directly request them for an upgrade. You undertook to forward my e-mail to Garmin International.

I have owned the Garmin 520 sent in for repairs, for approximately five years now. I believe the unit has come to the end of its functional and useful life. I wish to replace it with another Garmin product, the Garmin 1030. I believe that recognition should be given for the fact that I have owned a Garmin product for a lengthy period of time, and that although the Garmin product has packed up, I nonetheless wish to remain a Garmin customer. However, the price differential of the Garmin 1030 is approximately two and a half times more than what I paid for the Garmin 520. I don't believe that the price differential is justified, hence my request for an upgrade.

If it is not possible to provide for a cost effective upgrade, I shall have to consider other manufacturers. However, I trust it won't be necessary to do so and look forward to hearing from Garmin International.

Director
          E-mail : [protected]@savage.co.za

We Are Moving:
          Our new address from 26th November 2018 will be:
          King's Gate
          5, 10th Street, (corner of Brooklyn Road & Justice Mahomed Street)
          Menlo Park,
          Pretoria,

Note:

-----Original Message-----
          From: [protected]@garmin.co.za [mailto:[protected]@garmin.co.za]
          Sent: Wednesday, 21 November 2018 10:24
          To: Marius van Staden
          Subject: GDA Repair Quotation: Job Ref. 61866

Please find attached quotation for repair of Edge 520 - Heart Rate Monitor Bundle with Serial Number 43V023926.

Fault Description : Faulty display pix, lines, back -

Technical Report: Reported fault
          display is blank

Display failure
          unit is unrepairable

please see attached fixed repair rate quotation attached for a replacement device

Additional Remarks: Please note: A Service Part replacement refers to a device which could be a new device or a factory overhauled device in non-retail packaging which complies with Garmin International's Quality standards.

Please ensure that your payment reflects your Garmin Service Call number :61866

Please contact 0861 GARMIN (427646) for queries.

Quotations must be accepted in writing within 30 days.

Repairs not collected within 6 months will be sold to defray expenses.

________________________________

Garmin International — delivery of garmin drive

I have paid in full for the product. RMA number 8692939. Tracking number 1Z5760X66809994445 The delivery wa...

Garmin International — customer service - vector 3 pedals

I contacted Garmin about the problems I was having with the recent purchase of my Vector 3 pedals. I used the...

Garmin International — zumo and basecamp

Hi, I do not have specific issue to report but I am just not satisfied anymore with Garmin products. Those...

Garmin Internationalpoor service

Dear Sir
            I am from Malaysia.
            I bought a Garmin Vivosmart 3 at the Taiwan airport last month. Serial no is [protected].
            A month later the battery doesn't last long. It died after 4 hours of use. 3 weeks ago I sent the watch to Garmin office in Kuala Lumpur (Aero Technologies M Sdn Bhd, service report no is SW181063). They told me to send back to where I bought it for exchange as there are no record of my purchase. It will be ridiculous to go to Taiwan just to get the watch exchanged. I showed them my receipt of purchase as well.
            Please kindly advise.

Ng koon poh

poor service

Garmin International — refund not received

In November 2017 I purchased downloadable software for my Garmin GPS online from Garmin South Africa. I made...

Johannesburg

Garmin International — I am complaint about gps map update

My GPS is Nuvi 40, unit ID: [protected], software version 2.90 I just come to Thailand Bangkok Garmin Centre...

Garmin International — garmin gpsmap 162 / bluechart

I have bought an old GPSMAP 162 to replace the one I have lost. I also have BlueChart Americas V5.51 with...

Garminfit2run supplier

Hi there

I am submitting a complaint based on an order I made via Fit2Run on the 27th of November.

In short, the following happened:

-Earlier in the day (of the 27th of November) I submitted an order for a Garmin 5S - Silver/White Band

-Two amounts were deducted from my credit card

-I did not receive an order confirmation

-I contacted Fit2Run Team and was told that the billing address needed to match the credit card address in order to make payment

-I tried to reorder using my South African details and could only choose American States

-I then contacted Fit2Run team again and was told you only accept payments from American credit cards

-I then contacted an American friend to assist with the payment

-She made the order and I had arranged an international payment to her American bank account in the meantime

-Order confirmation was received

-My friend contacted your team to request a tracking number the following day and was told the item is not in stock and that they will be issuing a refund

After speaking to Tia (a manager at Fit2Run), she said they do not have any further stock and a stock request will be sent to Garmin, however, she could not guarantee the order will be honored by Garmin.

As discussed with Tia, I expect Fit2Run/Garmin to honor the purchase as the item was in stock when I made the order and I could of purchased the item at another store on the Cyber Friday Day. Therefore, offering a refund and 20% voucher does not solve my problem.

My friend will be returning to South Africa on the 26th of December.

I really hope you can assist me in resolving this situation.

Kind regards

Garmin — vivoactive hr ([protected])

On 11/25/2017 I purchase my smart watch, this will not show e mails and when Garmin app is closed watch...

Garminvivioactive hr

The accuracy of the unit is not even close. On some days it tracks evenly with my older Fitbit One and other days it is so far off it is unreal. I have tried to contact them several times but no luck, all I get is to do the reset for accuracy and see what happens. One day I went for a hike up a 700 foot vertical rise hill on a 5 mile trail. It credited me for 3 flights and only 6500 steps. The hill exceeds their % grade by 2% and the Fitbit tracked all the distance and vertical rise. I wish I would have never wasted my money on a Garmin product. You can be sure I never will again!

Garmingarmin striker series 7cv

I purchased a garmin fishfinder fron antonette marine in Hudson Florida on
                  Approximately 10/24/2017. I specifically asked the sales manager if the unit was capable to support maps and show channel markers. I had ask this question numerous time, and my wife said to stop asking the same question. The item was installed and it does not have map capabilities. I tried to return the item and obtain the same model that had map capabilities. Antonetti marine indicated I would have to call garmin. Garmin stated they would not take it as a return unless I bought it at garmin.com. But when you go to garmin dot com, it directs you to a dealer. So they have a bogus re turn policy. I would like assistance in returning this product.

Garminwarranty

Hello

My Garmin stopped working within a year of my purchase, well within the warranty period. I called to report this, and was told to send the unit in. My RMA# is [protected].
                    I put it in my car, and forgot to send it in until last week. I was contacted by customer service with a question about the model, yet when I called, the service rep (who was very polite) informed me that I had six months to send it in, and therefore Garmin would not honour the warranty. I understand that I took longer than usual to return the device, but I was not told about the six month period. Since the company is aware of the fact that my device stopped working within the warranty period, and has documentation of my tickets/calls, I am quite frustrated that it is not being honoured. I would appreciate a reappraisal of this situation.

Garmintotal lack of care

Bought a satnav from garmin to go away on holiday with my touring van .Two mile away from my destination this took me of a main road up a tenfoot wide road with ten inch speedramps .I scratched the side of my caravan getting out the thing is there was a perfectly a good road we were on so had no reason to take me of the main road .Over the ten day holiday this satnav would take me of main roads down farm tracks then back on to the main road .I had only purchased this ten days earlier on getting home i contacted live support garmin to sort the problem.I tried what they had suggested nothing worked also just got cut of by them so i complained to the escalation team loads of time over a month which i was promised twice that somebody would ring but never happened.Today he finally rang basically he said because i had got a refund on it their was nothing he could do bearing in mind i had tried what they had said, So did not want to be left with a satnav that did not work.Escalation are saying i should have kept this this does not sort the scratches out on the side of my caravan, I googled the satnav issue this is not just a minor issue thousands are stuck with garmin satnavs that dont work properly .I thought buying of a big company would be better how wrong i was they have just trod on me like dirt saying they are not responsible and wont pay for damage.When you read about garmin satnavs they say they take you down the best roads rubbish i tried all the setting just the same totally annoyed about garmin .Thank a very annoyed person