Freelancer.comstealing designers moeny

N

Please check my profile I a very old user of this site, More than 75 reviews, 5 star rating and won 17 contest, but I have to say that they are stealing designers money.
This is to aware all provider about freelancer.com fraudent behavior.
I won few contests on freelancer.com recently
client paid me but, freelancer.com not allowed me to withdraw the fund to my bank saying that client's details are not verified.
My question is why don't freelancer.com verify these details before any one posting the job. once someone posted a job and I worked on it and now I'm unpaid for done work. Is not it cheating.

2nd one
I participated in this job after checking that client details are verified. His email, profile and payment, all are verified.
I feel that I will get money for this contest. I won and client paid me. I withdraw some money into my bank account. Now freelancer.com Reversed All Prize Awarded and my account is showing negative balance.
They also closed his account So that I can't communicate with him and deleted the contest to end all possibilities to communication with him.
I honestly worked on contest and need money for done work. if a client is fraud than Freelancer.com is responsible for this. I will not pay for negative balance. Instead I will love to leave the freelancer.com and soon you will realize that this kind of behavior by freelancer.com will lead to close this website

• Al
    Alexandru Eduard Oct 27, 2015

@Narinderverma - Any consequences with that negative balance until 2017 ?

• Ji
    Jim Che Sep 03, 2015

Hi there,

Today is September 3, 2017. I need to complain about Freelancer.com

I am a freelance writer and I have subscribed to Freelancer.com. Today, they were crazy as I have received nearly 10 identical emails from them about the winner of a competition. Obviously they were sent by robots. Can you imagine how disturbing it is if someone sends you 10 emails within a few hours and the contents are exactly the same.

It has wasted much of my time reading their emails but I cannot block it as I am still working on this platform. Anyway, a very terrible experience and I hate it.

I want to let you know about it.

Jimmy

• Cl
    Cliff Jordan1 Aug 23, 2015

I hired a freelancer name aslanyanartak2 to build a website. I set of a milestone payment of $40 dollars to be release when half of site was completed and reviewed and I have yet to have that obligation met. The remainder would be paid upon site completion by aslanyanartak2 (The Freelancer) has failed to deliver completion of half of site for review and instead sent me to a web design sample link which only showed an basic word press theme that in no way reflects the requirements to receive milestone amount that he has the nerve to request to be released. Freelancer need to screen these fly by night Freelancers who represent their business in a negative light. I am very unhappy with this experience and most likely will never use Freelancer ever again

• St
    StevenE Jul 01, 2015

Hello everyone,

My name is steven from freelancer.com.

We understand how and where you stand regarding this issue.

Furthermore, we always make sure that we exhaust all avenues in investigating every issue; hence, for an impartial and unbiased conclusion.

We may discuss your concern regarding this issue by sending an email to us.

If you are experiencing difficulties, or in need of our help, you may always shoot an email to [email protected]

We are always ready to address all your concerns.

• Im
    Imeandmy Jun 27, 2015

As I read about the so many complaints of people who had lost their earnings from using freelancer.com, I feel relieved and feel lucky because compared to most of them I didn't lost so much, just a significant amount of time and a few $. anyways, I was hired by two employers; one suddenly cancelled after accepting the milestone and even had the guts to leave an obnoxious comment which I was charged $ for nothing, the other one I was able to finish the work but the employer didn't want to release my request for the milestone which prompted me to file a dispute and which of course I was charged $ for another project for nothing (I actually used the site to make some cash not to lose some). so my advice to the people who haven't experienced anything like this yet is "to trust no one" even freelancer.com, as a freelancer you have no security and for as long as they get the $ project fee, all they can do is send you e-mails with no concrete solution to your problem... well, for me I just closed my account and will never ever think of going back and go on with my life. I just hope someone will read this and learn a thing or two from my experience, that's all.

marylaax Mar 15, 2015

Hi everyone,
    Agian freelancer.com is doing his best to prevent to give back my money. with a quick search I realized that almost no one is happy with freelancer.com becuase they create so many trobble when they should realise the money that you've earn.
    5days a go my client pay the project fee that i've done for and according to the freelancer.com's notification which said it takes one or 2 days to recieve your money on your paypal I waited for 2 days. but after 5 days waiting nothing happend and as I contact with the freelancer.com's support desk they told me I should wait till they finish the review which was supposed to be finished in 2days not more. and they don't respond me any more after 5 days! they do what ever they want. they dont repect the deadline and users rights.
    How can I take back my money from them?
    Even on facebook page they closed their wall to prevent complains of users appear there. they are really irrisponisble.

• K1
    k_1986 Jun 21, 2014

Though this is the third time I lost money like this, such incidents were still not as frequent as now. Then, it was the milestone which used to get canceled, and refunded to employer. However, now even the employer does not have the funds; and the amount is double the project worth (deducted 80 gbp for a 40 gbp milestone, and niether the client nor myself owns the funds). Also, some other fraudulent practices have come up, such as (i) Automatic conversion of funds with 12% conversion fee (higher for smaller amounts, but this is minimum) without any reason, (ii) Deduction of project fee when a stranger awards you the project (even before accepting), (iii) Monthly standard account fee was raised to $50 from $25, and it was deducted from all accounts. (iv) Those who refused to continue the plan not only go the new fee deducted, they also had to pay the difference of brokerage on all current projects (the ones awarded before the rule came up). The reversal came up immediately after I downgraded my membership to free membership. Maybe I lost 80 GBP because the website owners were convinced that I would not bring more business to the website after downgrading the membership.In all, I lost the funds worth around $400 overnight.

Those who are reading should be informed that my ranking is around 2, 500 in 10 millions. However, when I am myself leaving the website after 3 years of satisfaction (2017-13), based on the changes in its moral values which came up since the last few months, the experience which those planning to join may expect need not be further explained.

• Hi
    Hisam jamal Jun 16, 2014

After I earned some money... they blocked my account and says that verify yourself by submitting either id card or passport or driving licence. I provided my id card... it was in urdu... they said they cant understand it... then I provided my passport... which was in english.. they are now saying me that provide another id card... any govt issues more than one id card???
    Their policy says provide either passport or id card... I provided both... they dont say provide in english... anyhow my passport is in english and it works in entire world except freelancer.com. they are teasing me since a month... they want to kick me out empty hand...

• Wi
    WillCfromfreelancer.com Nov 09, 2013

Hello Peter Elias,

This is Will from Freelancer.com and I would like to help you with what happened on the project where you have placed your bid. Please send a message at [email protected] along with your username and the Project ID of your concern and let me see what I can do for you.

I will be waiting for your email.

• Pe
    Peter Elias Nov 08, 2013

They are cheater, they didn't review the projects published correctly and here is what happened with me, as they deducted USD 350 from me after the employer paid to me, as they had a problem with projects kind, which they didn't close before starting to bid on. that wasn't sufficient for them, but also they deducted their commission from me and rejected to provide to me.

They are cheaters with all of the mean of the word.

maxfromfreelancer Oct 12, 2012

Hi Narinder. This is Max from Freelancer.com. I regularly visit complaintsboard.com to address user concerns about Freelancer.com and I came across your post here. I've taken note of your feedback about our account verification procedures and be assured that Freelancer will continue to improve on it.

I've looked into your case and unfortunately, the owner that created the contest used a credit card that wasn't his own. Committing credit card fraud results in immediate account closure. All payments that he made, including those made to you, were reversed and returned to the real owner of the credit card. We've refunded to you the prize fees that were deducted when you were awarded the fraudulent contests. Since you have already withdrawn the payments, the reversals resulted in a negative balance. In order to remove it, you will have to return the amount that you have withdrawn.

We do hope you consider our recommended action as you have accumulated already a sizeable amount of reviews and reputation. Please be assured that we will continue to improve on the work that we do to serve users better. Thank you.

• Na
    Narinderverma Oct 09, 2012

My user ID is imaginativeGFX

• Na
    Narinderverma Oct 07, 2012

Same with me.
    I feel that I will get money for this contest. I won and client paid me. I withdraw some money into my bank account. Now freelancer.com Reversed All Prize Awarded and my account is showing negative balance(-270$).

• Go
    golden spring Aug 02, 2012

I planned to write this letter to Freelancer.com but I could not because they have closed all doors of communication by suspending my account and demanding to pay me the amount they lost to a fraud due to their own foolishness. The letter intended to them is posted below.
    “Sir,
    I have communicated with you a number of times before. You were deceived by one of my former employer. As per my chat with your representative I learnt that he paid you through a stolen card. You could not catch him but, however, have recovered the money you lost on account of your own stupidity by withdrawing $10.00 (out of the $15.00 he owed you) I left in your custody.
    I do not understand what sort of justice this is. I had paid $5.00 earlier while accepting this job as my commission to you. You withdrew by force $10.00 without any prior notice from my account as I mentioned above and now asking me to pay me further $5.00 to square off your remaining loss although I was no way involved with the issue between my employer and you. In simple words, you are trying to recover your loss from a contract you made earlier with a third party in my absence by snatching my money I kept with you in good faith and further have suspended my account for creating pressure to realize more.
    You never tried to understand my situation. I made a bid for 30 articles but received order to write 5 articles only. I wrote them all to the employer’s satisfaction, paid $5.00 before as commission to you while accepting the job, paid $10.00 again because of your client’s default and you are still claiming another $5, 00 to square off your own loss by suspending my account. In simple words, although I am innocent but so far has been penalized by $15.00 for accepting and writing 5 articles, my account has been suspended and I am not able to bid and earn anymore and furthermore, you are asking to deposit a minimum of $10.00 more— but what was my fault, you entered yourself in to an agreement with a fraud in my absence?
    You have barred me from logging in and bidding. In spite of all these, I wrote you before, I will still make up your loss but please allow me to make bid and earn.
    Your representative told me before the suspension of account, as soon as you will be able to resolve the issue with your client you will return the money you have recovered from me in his absence. But will that ever happen?”

EmirFreelancer.com Jun 19, 2012

Hi Anonymous3301

I came across your post here and as always we appreciate the feedback.

I'd like to assure you that Freelancer.com has dedicated Support Teams available 24/7 ready to respond and resolve account issues quickly. They can be contacted through e-mail or live chat.
    Be further assured that Freelancer.com does not take away funds or money from its users. We only deduct nominal project fees, paid membership plans and charges for our services. For more information about our fees and charges, please visit these links - http://www.freelancer.com/faq/view.php and http://www.freelancer.com/news/articles.html.

Again, we'd like to inform you that Freelancer.com is not a scam nor does it operate to cheat users. It is a legitimate business with more than 3.6 million users and hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers. As of to date, we have paid out more than $132, 000, 000 to freelancers all around the world.

Should you have further enquiries, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and we'll address them promptly.

Thank you very much and I hope we've addressed your concerns.

Anonymous3301 Jun 18, 2012

Freelancer.com is a big cheat / scam... they never help freelancers, they will take project fees from you even if the employer cancel a project. They don't have good customer support. They don't help freelancers at all. They have policy of keeping your money forever... These cheaters will not let you withdraw your money if its less then $30 (even if you want to close your account, they will keep whatever money left in your account if the amount is less then $30).

They work on their own rules (actually no rules at all) they will do whatever they want to do... they don't care if you want to work with them or not, you can never win a claim against them.

The Arbitration system or dispute resolution system is also a big scam.. they will charge you fees to resolve the issue and they will never help freelancer to get money, they will most probably be in favor of the employer or they will give neutral decision also you can only claim dispute for the amount for which milestone is created, if the employer of the project has not created any milestone then you can't even file a dispute, and if you ask for 100% milestone from employers then most of the employers will not accept it ... employers can cheat you, will take your work and will fly away and you can't get any help from freelancer.com or getafreelancer.com guys. They are all cheaters... if you want to loose your money and want to regret later then only join freelancer.com

Anonymous3301 Jun 18, 2012

They don't have any customer service at all if you are a freelancer, they just want to earn(steal) money no matter how they do it. They are big cheaters and doing a big scam and cheating millions of people everyday.

EmirFreelancer.com Jun 05, 2012

Hi scp68. My name is Emir and I work for Freelancer.com. I visit complaintsboard.com to check if there are any issues raised about Freelancer.com and I came across your post.

I understand you were frustrated with our Customer Support. We have dedicated support teams working 24/7 to respond to queries. We apologize that your experience has not been satisfactory. Please be assured that we’ve taken note of your feedback and we will definitely work on improving our Support and Services.

I’d like to help. Please send your ticket ID/number to [email protected] and I’ll personally escalate your concerns to our Customer Support Managers so we can immediately work on your request.

Thank you very much and we hope to hear from you soon.

EmirFreelancer.com Jun 05, 2012

Hi Harimane. My name is Emir from Freelancer.com. I came across your post here at complaintsboard.com and we appreciate the feedback. I would like to address your concerns.

Please be informed that accounts that have incurred negative credits and been inactive for a certain period are subject to suspension. We require users to get in touch with Freelancer.com to resolve the suspension.

Since the account is suspended, financial transactions for the account can’t be done until you resolve your account issues.

I understand that you were frustrated with the responses you got from our support. Please be assured that we’ve taken into account your feedback about our support and we will continue to work on improving our services.

As always, we’re always willing to help. Please send your username to [email protected] and we’ll assist you to resolve your account issues.

Please be assured that Freelancer.com is a legitimate business. We have millions of users and hundreds of thousands of satisfied users.

Thank you very much and we hope to hear from you soon.

• Ha
    Harimane Jun 04, 2012

BAD! BAD! BAD! Thieving off their users any way they can. Seriously??? Suspend an account for being negative (-.24) in an account??? 24 lousy pennies??! Yes, 24 cents???

Withdrawls to your bank account, paypal, etc, are cancelled for no reason? They try to blame PayPal like we are stupid and wont call PayPal?? PayPal confirms there was never an attempt to deposit anything in that time frame? WOW...what a buncha crooks! Just gives them more time to sit on the money...Or, OR...maybe they dont even have the money to deposit???

• Sc
    scp68 May 30, 2012

Horrible customer service. Requested help with a refund and got no reply to an email. Tried their online chat -- which they say is currently available -- and can't get any acknowledgement that anyone is even there. Numerous attempts, for extended periods of time. They have a Code of Conduct on their site for others to follow, but don't seem at all concerned about being ethical themselves.