[Resolved] Freelancer.compoor customer service from freelancer.com

Complete and utter dismay from freelancer.com - no wonder so many complaints and problems with them (Freelancer.com).
After submitting job, and acceptance - the programmer was unable to work on the site, so stopped work - he then "hacked" the website so the functioning did not work. I raised 2 tickets with Freelancer.com - both unanswered.

Do not risk your work with Freelancer.com - far too many bad stories.

Use website professionals, you buy cheap - you buy twice!

• Freelancer.com's response · Aug 05, 2013

Hi FreelancerWorker,

This is Linus of Freelancer.com. I regret to hear about the experience you have had. I like to personally look into your concerns. You can send an email to [email protected] and ask to be forwarded to me. As for your feedback regarding our Customer Support, we appreciate your feedback and it will be forwarded to the management. Also, it will help us improve our services. I'll wait for your email.

Kind regards,
    Linus C.

• Resolution Statement

maxfromfreelancer Aug 03, 2012

@Lostbusinessfromfreelancer,

Hello. My name is Max and I work for Freelancer.com. I regularly visit complaintsboard.com to address user concerns about Freelancer.com and I came across your post here.

It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience with this programmer. I’d like to assure you that there are thousands of great programmers waiting for you at the site.

To further ensure that you work with best freelancers, consider ones that have high Reputation. The higher their ratings are (5 stars being the best) the more reliable the freelancer is. Check on the work that they've done and the feedback they received from previous employers. Also, please make sure you take notice of the freelancer’s profile and see how well they communicate and how much thought they’ve put into it.

I’d like to apologize if our Customer Support did not respond promptly to your tickets. Normally, our Support Teams are quick to respond to filed tickets, e-mailed concerns and requests for chat. Still, I’ve forwarded this incident to our Customer Support Managers and we’ll conduct our own investigation on the matter.

I’d like to help you as well. Please send your username and the Project ID to [email protected] I’ll look into your case for you and assist in resolving your issues. We’ll also investigate the freelancer that you worked with.

Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.

• Fr
    Freelancer1 Aug 10, 2012

Hello to all,

I am sad to say, that as a person with much experience on customer service and working in and with companies from all kinds,

FREELANCER.COM is with no doubt at all - THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I EVER MET.

Here are the reasons:

1) Bad website, bad coding, many errors and issues with the website.

2) Unprofessional management and approach to their clients. For example, what kind of a low email text is that:
    "If you don't respond, the offer will be automatically declined and another Freelancer will be hired. You're alyssaotoole's first choice so don't let your competitors take your job!"

It's like a teenager wrote that without even thinking. Or like a criminal who is telling you what to do and what is good for you.
    Just a shame of a company. period.

3) All their customer servies agents, ALL of them, are unprofessionals, not personal, robots, don't care about you, don't care about your situation, don't listen, don't pay attention to your requests. All they do is read the TOS and send it to you without any conciduration to your situation or issue. It's litteraly like they are trying to d it on purpose and to fail you or to go againts you. And if I am writing this, believe me, it happend to me too many times. Maybe 90% of the times I contact their support, I am just amazed of the dusrespectful customer service they have to offer. A BIG SHAME.

Unfortunately, I already started to built my reputation there, and it is still a platform to find clients, and it is doing the job eventually,
    But as for the people who run it - A TERRIBLE DISASTER . A BIG SHAME FOR ANY KIND OF COMPANY.
    And I really think someone should do something about it, and quick.

• Fr
    FreelancerWorker Jul 31, 2013

They are real scammers. If a fraudulent employer has got money from unknown source to his freelancer account and uses that money to pay the freelancer then after some days, money is returned back to the employer's account and then to its actual source but worker is never paid. SHAME ON FREELANCER.COM
    They have great mismanagement. Very bad Customer Support, i tried many times to ask the Customer Support to solve the issue but they said i should personally contact the employer. What the hell... They are real scammers.
    STAY AWAY FROM FREELANCER.COM

Mahi rana Dec 08, 2013

hello..
    i really had a bad experience...
    freelancer, com is deducting money from my paypal account, even i havent got any project.. means i havent earned anything from this website.. but surely paying them for free.. this is v bad, that they are charging even for deactivation of account,
    first i cant deactivate my account from that stupid website, 2nd if i want to close my account, i have to pay them??? why? i havent earned anything from this stupid site...
    if anybody can help me, to deactivate my account, without paying them ( as they have already got enough from my account ) hUH

• Wi
    WillCfromfreelancer.com Dec 16, 2013

Hello Mahi rana,

This is Will from Freelancer.com and I would like to help you by reviewing on what happened with your account. Shoot me a message along with your username at [email protected]

I will wait for your email.

Sincerely,
    Will C.

Jonathan C Apr 20, 2015

Hi All,

I agree, of all the tech services I've used online Freelancer.com has by far the worst customer service. Here is why:

I put on a bid, and then spent 1 week to do due diligence on all the bids. I then find a decent freelancer, and when I try to pay the milestone their checkout system fails. This has happened 4-5 times earlier, and after a couple of emails front and back they can normally resolve it. This is not ideal, but I find it okay for a growing tech company.

Just after I solved the payment issue they closed my account without warning, and without any reason. I send them an email, and this is what I get back.:

"Thank you for contacting our Support Desk.

Your account has been closed by Freelancer.com administrator. We offer no recourse or rebuttal for this penalty.

It is stated in our Terms & Conditions that Freelancer.com may terminate the participation of a user if we think that they are creating problems, legal liabilities (actual or potential), infringing someone else's intellectual property rights, engaging in fraudulent, immoral or illegal activities, or for other similar reasons. See the Section 23 of the Terms & Conditions for your reference.

To view our Terms and Conditions, you may visit this link:

- User Agreement for Freelancer.com

As most people can tell this is just copy pasted to everyone that asked why their account is closed down. I sent another email and I get the same copy pasted answer again.

I decide to create a new account, and repost the project. After 3 days, they close my new account. Again, without any reason. I send them a 1, 5 page email to understand what I'm doing wrong, and I get this back:

"Thank you for contacting Freelancer.com Support.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our website and support. However, the closure of your account is due to the violation of our Terms and Conditions. Having said this, the option for us to lift the account closure is not available anymore."

This time, it's not a completely copy and pasted answer, but still another wage confusing answer. I find the last sentence interesting since I wrote them an email a couple of minutes after they canceled my account.

Since they cancel accounts left, and right without reason, and don't treat their customers with any respect, I'd recommend anyone reading this to use other services such as odesk.com, and elance.com.

I find freelancer.com a great example of a tech company that is growing too fast, and completely neglected the quality of their customer support.

• Mi
    mikey95336 Apr 24, 2015

Horrible customer service in general, extremely unprofessional and don't seem to care at all to who they're talking to (their customers). Specifically one person in particular: Kamil Chwiedosik who had sent threats saying that if $7, 000 wasn't sent over he would turn to slander to put a friend of mine down. The fact that the man was this desperate to do this move speaks volumes about the company itself. Disregards everyone and is an absolute trash company, not worth any decent man's time or money. Horrible prior experiences can assure this. Take it from us all skip this company and go find a better alternative.

• Cl
    CLB01 Sep 08, 2015

I have been struggling to withdraw my earnings from Freelancer for two months now. Their system of creating a milestone is supposed to protect all parties involved as it holds the employer's deposit until the project is approved or cancelled. They strongly recommend it and I followed their guidelines. Everything went well the amount reflected in my Freelancer account but it took 2 months to get. I finally got an email in the last week stating that the employer's money never cleared and they have deducted it from my account, although they happily kept the commission they took on the project even though payment wasn't made. I think firstly they shouldn't have allowed me to believe that the deposit was ready and waiting if it hadn't yet in fact been deposited. I went ahead on the job knowing the milestone would protect me and that was clearly false information. Secondly when I try to sort it out with their support team they send you in circles and don't actually do a thing. Eventually I contacted the employer directly and he assures me that the full amount was debited from his account. How do I escalate this? How do I find out which side is the cause of the error? Freelancer's attitude is that it's not their problem and they're terribly sorry about that. $#@! They've honestly done nothing but cost me time and money. I do not recommend them at all. Their support team is weak and it feels like a scam to me.

• Js
    JST1289 Jul 26, 2016

They reply very slow on purpose. Non-existent customer service. I agree with all the reviews here that they do not care about the users, no consideration of your situation even though you have already explained to them countless of times, they wont listen to your request and gave you petty solution instead.

I am regretting the day I use this company. Greedy company, charging fees for every little minuscule detail, Milking money as much as possible from a project.

I am very disappointed.