Having problems with Freelancer.com?

Freelancer.com Customer Service Contacts

Level 20, World Square, 680 George Street
Sydney, New South Wales
Australia - 2000

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Freelancer.com Customer Service. Initial Freelancer.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Freelancer.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Freelancer.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Freelancer.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Freelancer.comFreelancer Support team

I submitted a ticket to the support team on freelancer.com because my client created and awarded me a fixed price project that I have not been compensated for. Once I accepted the project I was charged a 10% project fee that made my freelancer account negative. It's been over 90 days since I've completed the work and submitted requests for milestone payments i still haven't been paid for to date. I submitted a dispute for the project fee and payments twice, and both times the support team told me that there was nothing they could do until they spoke with my employer. They tried contacting the employer and they won't respond. So my situation still hasn't been resolved and My account is still negative money.

Jun 12, 2020

Freelancer.com — Refund of money

I hired a freelance contractor to do some work for me. They did the work to my satisfaction I had no...

Freelancer.comAccount closed

Hello,

My freelancer account has suspended without explain me any reason, I have almost $400 and recently brought annually Plus membership.

I apply for key code verification 3 time, They rejected key code verification and closed my account. I want to know the reason and why i can't get my funds. How can freelancer don't return my hard earn money.

Account closed

Freelancer.comI lost all my money

My account was closed today.
      I have submitted all documents they require, but haven't got any response from them.
      Finally they closed my account without any explanation. I am so confusing what is wrong.
      They stole my $1900 from my account.
      I am so CRAZY!!!
      Please help me so that I can get the funds back to my PayPal.

My account mail is [protected]@gmail.com

Freelancer.comThey Took My Money

I made a job for an employer. I got the money on Freelancer.com and then I withdraw money. I exchanged USD to my national money unit, then I waited 15 days for transaction to be completed. Last day of the transaction, they canceled and said "we detected a fraud with employer" so we canceled all the jobs related to him. I said at live support "Are they kidding me ?", What is my fault in this situation and how can I be sure that you take money from freelancer and you are not giving me the money?

May 06, 2020

Freelancer.com — Typing job posted on freelancer

I am complete newbie with a terrible first experience with freelancer. I registered on the platform to get...

Apr 28, 2020

Freelancer.com — Total scam

Freelancer.com is a total scam. I built up my portfolio with over 200 reviews, for 3 years. I had a customer...

Freelancer.comMacros for robot structural analysis

Hi

Recently I open a contest which was quite difficult. The prize is £190

Basically a bunch of guys entered with suggestions not even related to the matter

I contacted freelance.com asking to put the money in my balance. The response j had was the prize needs to be given to someone

So basically no-one did any work and they claim my money needs to be spread by a bunch of guys who entered a bunch of random images not even related to the topic

RESOLVED

• Freelancer.com's response · Apr 29, 2020

Hello Rino12,

My name's Randolph, I'm from Freelancer.com support. I understand that you want to cancel the contest. I believe this is a guaranteed contest. Please note that for guaranteed contests, you are "guaranteeing" that you would choose an entry that you receive on your contest. This is most designers would like to join guaranteed contests. Now, I know that you don't like the entries you received so far. Let us help you with that. Please give us your username and the contest ID. We'll await your response.

Thank you.

Freelancer.comOnce you deposited the money, they don't know you

You will receive message in chat box that they will provide a sample and you have supposed to deposit a refundable security amount on credit card no [protected] and once you deposited the money. They don't know you. I have received the same and get fooled by them for 2100 rupees.
            So please don't pay any money.
            Mail id is
            [protected]@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2020

Freelancer.com — Employers, be alert to bait and switch type activity

As a long-term buyer of freelancer.com providers/workers (since 2006), it saddens me to caution other...

Mar 25, 2020

Freelancer.com — problems after a successful verification

I am one of the founders of Secured Globe, Inc. in New York. The company has an A+ ratings at the BBB...

Freelancer.comMy Freelancer.com account is closed. I lost all my money - $15,000

I worked for the freelance exchange freelancer.com
              I have a great profile - 4.9 stars, dozens of satisfied customers.
              For several years, he earned about $15, 000, which was in their account.
              I haven't been able to verify my identity for the last few weeks, even though I sent them all the documents.
              A few days ago, my account was closed without explanation.
              Support is not responding.
              I lost all my money - $15, 000

My account email - [protected]@gmail.com

• 视趣互动 Mar 27, 2020

Please contact https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattbarrie/

Freelancer Technology / Freelancer.com / Getafreelancer.comCompany Cheats freelancers by joining fake clients

Freelancer.com has become hub of cheaters and dacoits and the website itself help the clients to cheat freelancers easily. and if you complain about this to their support they will take action against you instead. These peoples steals money from your account without your consent. They literally survive on the blood of freelancers working on the platform. Bloody cheaters. They have all the means to verify freelancer's Identity, payment method, adrress, photo. but they never care to verify any of them for client before letting client to put any money on the website.

Feb 20, 2020

Freelancer.com — my account was closed for no reason

I'm a freelancer. I'm using freelancer.com for about 5 years. About two weeks ago I've found...

Freelancer Technology / Freelancer.com / Getafreelancer.comaccount closed, money confiscated

I am developing applications for clients found on this platform.

Yesterday my freelancer.com account was closed.
                  All I could get from freelancer is: It has come to our attention that you have participated in activities that may harm the business operation or reputation of Freelancer.

I dont understand what activities they mean. Moreover, I have got about 2000$ on my account. Support ignores me and dont want to let me withdraw this money.

The account is closed without explanation and the opportunity to discuss claims. Money is just stolen.

Freelancer Technology / Freelancer.com / Getafreelancer.comrefund on closed account (buyer)

I have been trying unsuccessfully to have Freelancer refund funds from an account they closed. I would like to call upon any other Freelancer.com users to contact me for a potential class-action lawsuit, and to have them banned from doing business in our respective countries, and to lodge a complaint with our legal agencies in our respective countries. Here in the USA, it would be our State Attorney Office, and the Federal Trades Commission, as well as ICAN, to have their IP domain servers in our respective countries to have them put on notice that stealing people's money will not be tolerated.

These Internet tyrants need to be put on notice and know we will not stand for our hard-earned money to be ripped off by some unscrupulous businesses from another country.

Jan 29, 2020

Freelancer Technology / Freelancer.com / Getafreelancer.com — freelancer.com closed my account without any reason.

They closed my freelancer account without any reason. Every time I ask their supporters about the reason...

Jan 25, 2020

Freelancer Technology / Freelancer.com / Getafreelancer.com — it's not a serious business

After i receive my payment freelancer.com has blocked my account and after my reclamation, has CLOSED my...

Freelancer Technology / Freelancer.com / Getafreelancer.commy account closed without any issue and lost $800 withdrawable

Freelancer closed my account for no reason whatsoever and I lost $800 withdrawable. I've had this account for more than 4 months, I paid all my freelancers on time and I've had great reviews but today they shut my account down. No reason was given. I even had someone working on a project for me and this is what they've done. None of the reasons they've listed below applies!
                      My id is alexeysamara88
                      my Gmail address is [protected]@gmail.com.
                      I lost all the customers there.

Freelancer Technology / Freelancer.com / Getafreelancer.comfreelancer

I was scammed and had foreign transactions coming out of my account from freelancer.com. I signed up for an account a few months ago. I had to verify my account info to receive payments So I gave them my card info. They took a little over $1 out of my account to verify And it cleared. They never put the money back in my account and said it will cash out once I start earning money.

I was almost scammed by a con artist using their platform who say they were looking for a virtual assistant. I avoided this situation right on time just for the following to happen. I noticed my $1+ disappeared from balance which was the money they took to verify which belonged to me. I was on a free account plan. Next, over a week I received a total of three foreign transaction withdrawals with one being directly from freelancer.com.

At this point I knew something was suspicious and contacted my bank to file a dispute. When I filed a dispute, in less than a week, my bank was able to verify that my account was hacked and reversed all the withdrawals and foreign fees. My bank says from the small fraudulent withdrawals it was only a matter of time before they started to take larger amounts from my account and I luckily caught it on time.

Freelancer.com is a huge platform for freelancers. Its unsafe for people trying to earn a living. They took money from my account to verify I could receive payments, never put it back, decided to keep it for themselves and started taking other withdrawals from my account! I'm disgusted with this company. They need to be shut down!