Resolved Freelancer.comaccount closed, stole my money

C Review updated:

Hello !

I just wanted to tell you my brief story so that other people now about these scammers. They suspended my account having 2000$ in milestone payments. The reason they did this was because I logged in some months ago using somebody else's computer. He also had a Freelancer.com account but they did not suspend his account because he had no money in it !!!

They are probably interested in stealing your money because that mistake I was talking about happened almost 6 months before my account got closed.

I hope I can get the money back so I can stay away from them in the future...

RESOLVED

• Fr
    Freelancer.com Jan 17, 2012

Hi cosmingh,

Account suspension and holding milestone payments are a part of our security measures. It is not equivalent to being banned from the website. For more information about User Profiles, please visit our FAQ page: http://www.freelancer.com/faq/view.php.

In order to help create a safe environment for the freelancers and employers, Freelancer.com has several measures in place. We do not usually respond to particular issues published publicly so please issue a support ticket through http://www.freelancer.com/report/contact.php or send us an email to [email protected] One of our support managers will help you with your concerns.

If your complaint is regarding a legal or compliance issue you can send an email to [email protected] or write to us at

PO Box 1121,
    Double Bay NSW 1360,
    AUSTRALIA

Sincerely,
    Freelancer.com

kamywd Oct 13, 2017

@Freelancer.com Hello, Freelancer also closed my account a successfully complete my first project and got five star review but they closed my account I have contacted with support team but they did not give me response.

goldenths Feb 13, 2020

They was already addicted to steal money and earn easily!

goldenths Jul 29, 2020

@Freelancer.com Hi Freelancer Support Team,
    You can suspend the account if there is something wrong. But you should notice the reason and do kind service. But you blocked even login and resolution service is too bad.
    After I asked the reason on ticket, you replied as following;
    "Dear,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. Your ticket has been received. One of our agents will reply to you shortly.
    View and manage this ticket online:
    Regards,
    Freelancer Support Team"
    I was going to view and manage the ticket that you noticed me in your email, but it has redirected to login page again. Because you suspended my account and blocked login though, how can I view and manage the ticket? This is the endless loop. I asked you again for it, but you didn't reply at all.
    This make me to realize you are concerned only to steal money.
    If you're not willing to steal money, please explain about ticket issue I told above.

• Sh
    shuvodu52 Mar 18, 2012

Hi,
    My Account has been suspended since one month after my client paid me 370 dollar. I have emailed them many time to solve the issue but they suspended my account and block my money telling that suspicious transaction. My employer also emailed them to verify this and also told to reverse the money back so that he can pay in other way, but they are giving weird mail that they have not received any email when my client emailed them kept me on CC. I just wonder I told them to reverse the money to the account where it comes from and release my account, but are not doing this still now...!! Whats their problem!!! Is this any way to suspend one's account with money since 1 month!!!
    Enamul

• Wi
    wintersnow72 Apr 02, 2012

This has happened to me too. I'm an employer, and freelancer is demanding I upload a copy of my passport or driver's license to them. I am very uneasy about this since this has ALL my personal information on it. I also know that they do NOT do this to all accounts so why are picking some and not all. I am still waiting for paypal and my attorney to get back to me. I a few good reviews that I pay my developers on time so I do not know why they are targeting me and a few others. Additionally, if I have money in their account and they can access my freelance account there is nothing to hide. Why do they need my very private information. Even my paypal is linked to them. I don't even upload my private information to paypal why would I do that with freelancer.com. I just want access to my freelance account so I can send my money back to paypal where it belongs. This happened to me once before, but it was so little for me to care. Now I'm pissed. Oh yes, I contacted [email protected] I am also contacting paypal dispute. I am going to research and see if I can file a complaint to a few others. People need to be warned. Imagine how many other people has their account suspended even if it is only $5 or $10 per account those add up.. to millions of dollars of stolen money 'cause most folks just walk away from a few dollars here and there. I would have it it wasn't my second time being suspended.

• Ta
    Tazeem Nov 07, 2013

freelancer.com i think u r scammer and eat money .. u always suspend or limited account when account has money
    my username is socialpluto.
    we have 500 feedback and got in 2-3 month we are company ..
    but when i have 3000$ in account, scammer freelancer suspended and closed account and i never violated any terms .. why i will violate ?? i am working good and earning .. so this is not possible that i kick off my earning
    pease dont scam people

magfl1985 Feb 07, 2014

Hi Tazeem,

Is your account reinstated now?

jagadeesh kotra Aug 17, 2014

Account Closed

Account of socialpluto has been closed.

not yet

• To
    ToucanParty Sep 17, 2014

Bunch of scammers. I got paid my first payment, the milestone was released to me. $1350 in my account, i was waiting for the money to withdraw to my skrill account when i try to log in to Freelancer the next day the account is closed and they did not even tell me that they had done it. I have sent numerous emails but all they respond with is 'the account is closed and irreversible, contact your employer if you want your money back'.

Well this employer has now ran off with the money thanks to you, Freelancer. Bunch of scammers. NOBODY use this company because even when your milestone is paid they close your account and send the money back to employer (supposedly). It is a website facilitating scam artists. So if you want to be scammed then please go sign up.

And all of this happens without any contact from freelancer, i only got a response when i emailed them and even then they gave me no information other than it is closed.

• Ph
    phuochq Sep 22, 2014

I was one Freelancer and I immediately stopped receiving money for the first time.

• Ww
    www.chatbuster.com Sep 24, 2014

Freelancer.com These idiots are my 2500$ in my profile today and my account was closed. i dont know why the hell this happened. Earlier they changed my password also and when i reset it back they closed my account..whatthe hell is this, what legal steps shoould be taken for this website, , i am goinf to clain to lawyer billion dollars clain on freelancer for making my account closed in which my project was about to be finish...

• Ag
    Agraz Jun 11, 2015

Freelancer.com closed our account with 500+ reviews, including some of milestone, they don't respond from the support or customer support emails

• Be
    beaterneo Jun 14, 2015

Freelancer is just a scam, they closed my account with no reason and to top it off they ripped off my payments that I waiting to withdraw, move to upwork or 99designs or elance, they are better than this scam company.

• St
    StevenE Jun 24, 2015

Hello Everyone,

My name is Steven from Freelancer.com.

We may discuss all your concern by sending us an Email.

If you are experiencing difficulties, or need of our help, you may always shoot an email to [email protected]

We are always ready to address all your concerns.

Thanks.

• Al
    Alice Prodan May 12, 2018

@StevenE Hello Steven,

I experienced today the same issue as all of these guys that posted here. I sent an email to support team and see below the answer received.
    Do you think that this act, to close my account without any reason, it's a proffesional way to act as a serious business? Also I have some money in my account; this abbusive procedure to close the account with money inside is it legal?
    I will forward to you also the all communication with the support team from freelancer.

" Hello Alice,

Thank you for contacting Freelancer.com Support.

Your account has been permanently closed by Freelancer Administration due to security reasons.

You may refer to the Site's User Agreement Section 23 Right to Refuse Service for more details: https://www.freelancer.com/about/terms

Thank you for your understanding.

---
    Regards,
    Marina B.
    Freelancer.com Support"

• Bang T Oct 07, 2019

@StevenE Hi @SteventE

My account was close on 5th Sep 2019. I have contact with [email protected] They said forwarded to [email protected] I have sent request reopening my account to [email protected] on 5th Sep 2019. They did not reply me. I have try submit request at https://www.freelancer.com/support/Profile/can-i-reopen-my-closed-account. but It show error message "Unable to create a ticket. Please try again.". Also, I have tried 10 times. it is the same
    I think Freelancer.com should be reply reason they close account

Best regards,
    Bang T.

• St
    StevenE Jun 24, 2015

Hello Everyone,

My name is Steven from Freelancer.com.

We understand how and where you stand regarding this issue.

Furthermore, we always make sure that we exhaust all avenues in investigating every issue; hence, for an impartial and unbiased conclusion.

We may discuss your concern regarding this issue by sending an email to us.

If you are experiencing difficulties, or in need of our help, you may always shoot an email to [email protected]

We are always ready to address all your concerns.

• Ad
    Adam Bethoven Nov 23, 2017

@StevenE ready my [censor]

• Do
    Don Urbinatzki Aug 12, 2015

Just today I made a similar experience. Freelancer.com seems to be a scam. They have closed my account while I was running a project. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE CHEATING YOU!!! After I have paid the necessary fee, they just took off my account.

• Sh
    shubhangim Aug 24, 2015

I had around $500+ in my account and monday night (IST) was suppose to me my withdrawal, and these people just closed my account like that. First of all, no warnings were issues, obviously why would they do it, they want to eat the money!
    Bloody losers have just closed the account and as always they say" we offer no recourse for this" i mean really? What the hell. Atleast let the person know. and If i am earning good, why in the world would I do anything which would lead into such circumstances.

• Ta
    Tasker Sama Aug 24, 2015

My account also has been closed with 1900 USD worth of milestones from our clients. Plus $500 worth of withdrawable funds... they closed our account without notifying us the reasons why. this happened twice already. at first they froze $300 worth or funds from us, their reason is that, we are not verified. after we verified the account still our money was frozen... now the second time, they scammed us again... For all freelancers out there. Be careful with your money... Don't use freelancer.com.. they are scammers.

• Tl
    tlt roshini Jan 13, 2016

My Account also closed, I dont Know why, I pay for upgrade Member ship also, Freelancer.com is scam, Dont waste money & Time for This kind of website .

Tharanga

ChandanSharma8 Feb 07, 2016

this site is BIG fraud, i think they steam people money, i am a bit scared,

ChandanSharma8 Feb 07, 2016

they stole my 1000 USD, client released money, they blocked my account and my client too, after that my client runaway saying i am scammer, i dont know what they did, but yes i know they are bigfckng robbers, i wish to reach matt and sue him.

this site is just SCAM SCAM SCAM, STAY AWAY

• Co
    Content Marketing Mar 16, 2016

Same here, 60 USD are stolen.

• Di
    dishanimje Apr 04, 2016

Dear all,

This freelancer is a big cheat, it does not favor the freelancers, they are bias.

My account DISHANIMJE has been made limited by the freelancer support system, just because the client has made a complaint against me that the project is not complete.

In real the client has not provided me the 3rd party approvals which are necessary for the completion of the project. It was always client side responsibility to provide the approvals for smooth development.

I have explained this to the client and freelancer support system several times but they are not understanding it.They are continues pressurizing me to refund the money...Why should i do that, i have worked hard to complete milestones and because of that the client has released milestone money.

I am committed to complete this project, i need approvals..my account has been made limited i cant even withdraw money..Life is hard and nobody is understanding it on freelancer..

• La
    latish Apr 08, 2016

Freelancer.com is SCAM of the Century, They Stole my 900-USD

goalscorer Sep 14, 2018

@latish join the class action lawsuit against freelancer.com

• Fr
    FreelancerIsASCAM Aug 01, 2016

• Ah
    Ahmed Raza Memon Sep 17, 2016

My Freelancer account is closed with 22k INR and 450 GBP total money in INR was 62K. How can i get my account back

• Lo
    LoveMan Nov 23, 2016

Me too, I also stolen 23, 200$ from them.
    Freelancer Site is really Spam Site. I can't believe Why freelancer site is existed. This site is really SPAM SITE, DIRTY SITE.
    We must give STRONG Stress to them. It's time to punish them, distory them.
    Until now, they close our account But now we start to close their Website.

Nobody1231234 Dec 10, 2016

They closed my account for no reason, saying I signed up for a second account, even though I never did. Luckily, I had no money owed at the time...they sound like a bunch of scammers.

• El
    Elektro7 Dec 20, 2016

FREELANCER.COM are thieves, there is no other word to describe that company. I do not even know how they are allowed to operate like that. They are basically stealing money from people. They took money from my credit card several times without my consent that means they are storing people's credit card details even though that's completely illegal. Just look at the CEO Matt Barry he looks like a gangster. Do not use that company it's a total scam. They take money when you create deposit money, when you create a project, when you create a milestone and when you release a milestone. On the top of that they close people's accounts and keep the money, they steal money from people's credit cards. No wonder it's valuated in billions since they steal from their users up to the last penny. Furthermore, if they close your account they will keep the money because they do not give it to the freelancer nor the employer. Buch of thieves.

• Ba
    Banana06 Feb 06, 2017

Exactly the same. Freelancer.com has turned into a total nightmare for me and I wish I had not wasted the past year of my life. I am a Front End Developer in Melbourne - in my professional world I was already earning $65 per hour for my work at 24 years old - so I was not fooling around. I decided to go on freelancer when I left work to have my baby at 30, the perfect maternity and small baby situation right? WRONG.

In the last year because of freelancer.com I have had my computer hacked, then I was cyber STALKED by an insane employer, asked to do god knows how many bizarre adult related "projects" and then was finally ripped off by freelancer themselves.

The two most serious things were the stalking and the final rip off.

1) The stalker came in the form of a client. As I started building their website and communicating with them over chat. I started to realise that there was something wrong. They would not give me clear direction or content, got really personal, and would not wrap up anything - then changing their minds on completed parts and asking for crazy crazy new things like x3 running blogs about suicide on one page… WTF

The clincher was when I had finally completed the all work (and new made up unpaid tasks) they said they would not pay for the completed project until I met them in person and trained them on websites. When things got out of hand, such as 15 long personal messages from them a night, I asked freelancer to help me. They told me to stop making contact with the person for safety reasons and that they would assist me.

What happened instead was they did nothing at all. The stalker client then filed a complaint against me for the first milestone, which had well and truly been completed and paid. The person then dragged out the dispute/complaint as they would not pay the dispute fee. After 8 days of non-stop messaging and abuse, having my account and finances frozen, the stalker saying they would find me in my city, the client stalker then changed tact and settled on paying the nominal first milestone.

Freelancer automatically allowed for them to cancel the rest of the completed website project, leaving me out of pocket hundreds of dollars, and let this total crackpot leave a review on my profile page – but I could not review, dispute or do anything in return. This person had not verified their identity and had only been on freelancer for 3 weeks. They still would not help me, despite my working consistently for a year with many reviews and verified everything. I had earned them hundreds if not more in that time.

I was upset but thought hey, all of my other reviews are 5 stars and normal so I will just get on with it and accept I might get a crazy client sometimes. So I tightened up my briefing and milestone process, and tried to carry on.

2) The final rip off. Obviously work then slowed down as my profile was now an insane persons essay casting fabricated aspersions against me. It didn’t matter about all the other good reviews, that one was right up the top. After thinking about what I could do, one of my regular real world clients that I had an established working relationship offered to do the next job with me through freelancer so they could review my work. It went really well.

After this experience I directed a two new clients (who found me via my professional website) to freelancer.com so we could do the work over freelancer.com, and I could get new kudos on my damaged profile. Plus they could find other resources like ongoing SEO services.

Some time later, since things were looking up and I had my ratings back to normal and was getting good leads and stats again - I thought I should apply for the preferred freelancer program. Now what has happened is that my account has been frozen, money held, and they want to know the relationship that I have with those referred clients. About 99% sure I am about to have my profile deleted, whilst I am in the middle of other projects and have money in my account.

So to freelancer it seems mighty funny that you only have security concerns when you can take project money, but will do literally nothing to hep someone being harassed and stalked if you can’t make cash out of it.

And there is no point emailing them directly. You get a different person every time that gives you an automated cut and paste response that has nothing to do with your issue.

Freelancer.com is the worst. Totally crooked.

Christian Dick Ignacio Nov 03, 2017

Freelancer.com is totally a scam. It was designed to get as much as money as possible. Conversion rates are too low and they will remove money from your withdrawals to delay your withdrawal. But today, they close my account for no reason. I completed 4 projects and "BOOM" when I login it says that my account was close. Hmmp that's 512USD, I'm staying away from this scam site.

goalscorer Sep 14, 2018

hey guys, same here. I am starting a class action lawsuit against freelancer.com. If you have ever had your account shutdown and the money was never returned to you, join this lawsuit.

@goalscorer http://freelancerdotcomclassactionlawsuit.sifugold.com/

Kavkee Designs Oct 31, 2019

I think we should all join together and start a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against Freelancer. I have experienced the same as above. Now I don't even care all that much about the money...I'd just like to see them held accountable. I'm going to launch a website soon to gather victims of their unlawful practices. I think all of you are just a sprinkling of victims. I'll be back with a later post for those of you who'd like to join.

• Da
    Dawnny L. Dec 04, 2019

@Kavkee Designs We have sent you a private message.

Kavkee Designs Dec 04, 2019

@Dawnny L. Got it..more Freelancer bullshit. Don't bother me with your copy/paste responses. CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT - coming soon

goldenths Feb 13, 2020

@Kavkee Designs Let's fight against illegal freelancer.com!

• It
    itbaymax Nov 27, 2019

Hi, all. I have gone through all the posts and totally agree with all of them.
    I also got my account closed and lost $1400 in earnings. They just stole my money by closing my account without any reason. It was my only account and one of the major income sources. So, I did my best to keep all the rules of the site. How could I violate it? My account username: proitstar and work email is [email protected] I have already sent emails to the support team to ask to send my money back to my Paypal several hundred times. However, they just simply ignored and never replied to me.
    I also heard from tens of my colleagues(Chinese) that their accounts also closed and all the money lost.
    Freelancer support team, I strongly ask you to send my earning back to me.

• Ne
    NepaliBabu Jan 16, 2020

I had closed my account.Still freelancer charge from my account.

• Da
    Dawnny L. Jan 17, 2020

@NepaliBabu Hi NepaliBabum,

Please send us an email at [email protected] using the email address linked to your freelancer.com account. This way, we will be able to check on your concern further and help you resolve this.

Have a good day!

antonad Feb 12, 2020

Hello.

The same problem for me.
    Just got the reply from support:

"You accepted our Terms and Conditions when you signed up as a user on the Freelancer website. It has come to our attention that you have participated in activities that may harm the business operation or reputation of Freelancer. We have closed your account for this reason."

Don't know what "activities" they mean :-(

The main problem is that account balance contains over 2000$ and support dont want to get my money back. This is some kind of theft.

Hello Freelancer Support Teams,

I send thIs LAST email to you!!!

On 27th of January, suddenly I couldn't login to Freelancer.com and saw notification as “This account has been closed. Please contact support for more assistance.”
    I couldn’t understand what I did wrong and violated the rules of terms and services.
    So, I contacted your 3 Support Teams much times, you didn’t any explain what I did wrong and violated the rules of terms and services.
    To be honest, I think it is professional and honest that you should have to explain what I did wrong and then close my account even if I do the violated actions again.
    But you didn’t explain what I did wrong and closed my account without any alert and have been avoiding it even now.

Well, if you don’t want to explain any reason and no willing to restore my account, you should have to get back my money.
    There is 372.04USD in my account, and it is all that I worked very hard and earned. You can know it is legal money if you contact all clients related to current balance. Your Freelancer.com always say that clients are always right and it is the best way to negotiate with clients and resolve the problem. So, contact clients related to current balance and give me back my money. All clients will prove my skills and honest work.
    You don’t right to steal my legal money.
    Please give me back my money 372USD.
    I hope your Freelancer.com give me back my money 372USD and we will end peacefully.

Thank you.
    Regards

goldenths Feb 13, 2020

I couldn’t understand what I did wrong and what I violated the rules of terms and services.
    So I sent emails to 4 Freelancer Support Teams, account-interview at freelancer.com, support at freelancer.com, support at cx.freelancer.com and success at freelancer.com, as well sent ticket on https://www.freelancer.com/support/profile/can-i-reopen-my-closed-account?keyword=account%20closed.
    I asked them what I did wrong and if there was something what I did wrong, I apologized for that action and I will not do that action again.
    But they didn’t explain anything and push responsibilities to other support team each other. I sent emails and tickets to 5 Support Teams as above 10+ times, but they didn’t explain anything and now don’t even reply at all.

To be honest, if they are legal and honest, they should have to explain what I did wrong and then close my account even if I do the violated actions again.
    But you didn’t explain what I did wrong and closed my account without any alert and have been avoiding now.

So, I sent emails and tickets several times, “If you don’t want to explain any reason and no willing to restore my account, you should have to get my money back. There was 372USD in my account, and it was all that I worked very hard and earned. You can confirm that it is legal money if you contact all clients related to current balance. Your Freelancer.com always say that clients are always right and it is the best way to negotiate with clients and resolve the problem. So, contact clients related to current balance and give my money back to me. All clients will prove my skills and honest work. You don’t right to steal my legal money. Please give my money 372USD back to me.”

Now they don’t reply at all. 5 Support Teams not reply, only auto reply from ticket management robot.

At first, I didn’t believe the articles here, but now I am sure that all articles here are right and Freelancer.com is the worst Spam, Thieves site!

They are already addicted to steal money for free. If they steal 300USD per man for 10, 000 persons, they will steal 3 million USD easily. They are addicted for stealing free money easily from 2012.
    I don’t understand how such illegal thieves site are exist in public.

Freelancer.com should have to get all moneys back to closed account’s owner even though they are not willing to restore accounts.

goldenths Mar 01, 2020

In my experience, even though you contact Freelancer.com Support, you will not have any good news and will waste your time.
    In my case, they have shifted their responsibility to another support department each other for a long time and at last they did not reply anymore after a while.
    I sent emails to 4 Freelancer Support Teams, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], as well sent ticket on https://www.freelancer.com/support/profile/can-i-reopen-my-closed-account?keyword=account%20closed.
    They are thieves and cheaters, and already was addicted to steal money and earn easily since 2012!

• Ak
    Akshatgupta Apr 22, 2020

They did same thing to me.
    Who was that person filing lawsuit, please share the website link, I have some good proof and also my client's testimony and all, they need to be held accountable and pay up. This is a big scam and must be uncovered. I am already emailing everyone I find on this and other portals, many people are angry at freelancer for this.
    Freelancer.com is one of the biggest scam running wild on internet.