Having problems with Free People?

Free People reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 27, 2012. The latest review Refund for returned items they receive 2/10/21 was posted on Mar 2, 2021. The latest complaint slow refunds!!! was resolved on Aug 27, 2012. Free People has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 24 reviews. Free People has resolved 1 complaints.

Free People Customer Service Contacts

Free People Direct
4010 Rose Lane, Augusta, GA 30907

Free People Complaints & Reviews

Free PeopleRefund for returned items they receive 2/10/21

I sent my pckg as directed with packing slip and address label on 1/25/21. After NOT hearing from them I tracked it and noted it was received on 2/10/21. The online chat is useless and gives erroneous info, saying refund was issued on 1/28/21! Not possible. I called and talked to a real person who confirmed that info was not correct and she found the return info and said they it could be another week as they were backed up. Well its been 2 weeks and not a word from Free People!! This is ridiculous! Please help.

Free PeopleUnresolved issue

I returned a quilt to anthro 3 years ago and then said they never got it. they put a hold on my account and I havent been able to buy anything for the past three years. I have called them 4 times and they keep telling me I will get an email with in 2 days.. NOTHING. absolutely no help. and actually very rude
    You guys are saying I need to pay for it. And that is not happening bc it obviously got lost in transit. TAKR THE HOLD OFF OR I WILL GET MY ATTORNEY INVOLVED :)

Free PeopleCustomer service

I've had one issue after another with orders over the past 6 months! Who's running this place? Everytime there is an issue ( & I can't be specific because if it's not one thing it's another) customer service just says there is nothing they can do & they just give a blanket statement. They never offer a resolution. They do nothing at all! They do not care about their customers at all.

Free PeopleNever received item and won't refund me

I ordered a pair of boots on Dec 10th from the free people online store, they never arrived and the USPS tracking stopped tracking the package on Jan 14th. I tried to send them multiple emails and chats too, their terrible customer service is always trying to make me lose time telling me they are late with the refunds, and to wait sometimes 24hrs up to 3 days. nothing happened so far, I have no money and no product. I would like the refund of my money.

Never received item and won't refund me

Free Peopleduster

I ordered a very pricy velvet Duster. When arrived it was poorly packed. The person who packed it didn't fold it, just rolled it like a ball. It came so wrinkled that seriously it didn't look good after i left it hanging . My last two experiences with online Free people shopping has been awful . One package was lost, although the company replaced one item ? it never sent the complete order, so I was out of Christmas gifts for my daughter .
          I have been a loyal FP costumer, but since the pandemic i cant shop in the store. I don't think i will try online again. I don't think i should be charge for the item and you should be responsible and send me a better product .. ALSO the color was so off. IT SAID CHARCOAL and it was not . it was PURPLE.

Free PeopleNo response to return order

Order nr. FP03004050 returned to the UK office. According to the track and trace system it was delivered on Monday 15 June. I did not receive a confirmation of receipt or any message related to my refund. I have tried to receive an answer through the chat, no reply. There is no option to send an email. Where is my item? When can I expect my refund?

Free Peoplehorrible customer service representative

Hello,
              I had the displeasure of working with Bendrianna who has no idea of anything she is doing there as a customer support representative! She was horrible, and when I asked to be transferred to a manager, she just put me on hold without transferring me. She gave me NO information as to why the package is lost in space. Didn't catch the mistake as to why is wasn't delivered. Just said, "if the package appears, then you can send it back". Without even knowing where the package is, how would the package magically disappear? she was useless, really aggravating and a major waste of my time.

Then, of course I had to call back since she didn't do her job and wasn't directed to her manager. I was helped by Zyteria WHO WAS AN ANGEL!!! She was amazing and gave me all the information I needed with support on how to fix the problem. She even figured out exactly what the problem was in a matter of 2 min.

Bendrianna's answer to all of my questions was, "I am just following protocol" You guys should have a serious re-training session with her. She will send your customers on a bottomless tailspin.

When asked to be transferred to a manager, they should not be allowed to keep someone on hold for their pleasure.

Thank you!
              Nora

Free Peopleunprofessionalism

I used to shop daily at your location in the SH mall in Short Hills, NJ... that is until the manager Allie started working.
                She is completely miserable and so unprofessional ie. always on her phone / rolling her eyes.
                I started shopping at GSP location to avoid her...now I just went in the other day and SHE IS NOW THE MANAGER THERE?!

How do you hire someone like her to represent your company?
                I spend thousands of dollars at FP and being that it is supposed to be a magical experience I would expect the employees to be magical, not miserable.

I walked in, she did not even look up from her phone ONCE to greet me and in addition...was SO nasty when I asked for her help which I dreaded doing.

I doubt this will get taken care of as when I complained about her at SH... I never received a single respone.

May 29, 2019

Free People — return item

Worst Service Ever! I thought that I was purchasing a shirt, however I was sent a very cheap crossbody made...

Free People — online shopping

Hello, I feel I am being falsely accused of discount abuse. I do not work for Free People. I simply as asked...

FreePeople — charged for clothes I never received, customer supervisor shanon #3297 should be fired

I purchase over thousands of dollars from Freepeople each year. THE INTERNET IS THE WORST and HORRIBLE...

Solana Beach

FreePeopleproduct sent to wrong address, returned, never received, dishonest customer service

I would feel safer ordering on Facebook from an unknown Chinese retailer than ordering from Free People. Orders placed with next day shipping haven't been received a month later and every customer service rep has a different story. All of them are contradictory and essentially lies. While I like the clothing, the customer service- particularly the shipping- is an absolute nightmare. I order online almost daily and have never encountered worse service. This company needs to get it together.

I ordered 3 dresses 6-15-18, next day air. I was informed that it would arrive 6-19-18, but was heading to the wrong address- an address that hasn't been on my account for almost 5 years. Immediately after receiving the shipping confirmation email, I called FP to see if it could be stopped. They told me we could submit a reroute request but I would have to do that separately for each item, even though they were ordered together!! So I had to wait for each email, call customer service and request a re-route. None of them were successful and the items were returned to sender. I called over and over and over asking where my items were. I was first assured they would arrive any day, then told that there was no order for them, then told that one of the items wasn't in stock the day I ordered it, so it wouldn't be arriving. Um, really. The item was shipped out! It obviously was in stock. 7-3-18, I shockingly received one of the dresses. I called to see where the others were. The customer service rep had no record that the dress I received had ever even been sent. I hoped that the other two dresses would also arrive, but they didn't. She told me she created a new order and would have them sent ASAP- at that time, they were both in stock. Yesterday, I sent another email- received no response. I've sent numerous emails, only one of which has received a response. Today, 7-14-18, I called yet again and was finally refunded my money on the dress that was "out of stock" and was told the other remaining dress would arrive 4 days from now. I actually wanted the dresses so I'm really unhappy about this "resolution". FP's customer service via FB Messenger told me today that the dress I've already received is in the process of being returned to them and once it was received, they would send it to me immediately. Keep in mind, I ordered this dress a month ago and received it a week ago. They have no clue.

I have no advice to give others about how to handle problems with this company because each and every customer service rep I've reached has given me a completely different story about my order, warehouse/shipping practices, etc. I would suggest never ordering from this company if you need the item for an event. Always have a backup plan because next day shipping with Free People is not as it seems.

Free People — Never deal with them

They provide more issues, than joy. I will never order from them again, I don't want to go through the same...

Free Peopleproduct, delivery and refund

I ordered a dress on sale almost three months ago to be delivered to Sydney Australia. I have experienced too many extreme problems that should not happen with an established company like this. Firstly the shipping took twice as long as it said it would. I ordered a size small but the dress was practically falling off my body it was so huge. I decided to return it but their so called paid returns made absolutely no sense. I paid for the return myself which was another $20. They told me that they dress was never delivered to the correct address. After a week on the phone to Australia post i realised that free people were just lying so that they wouldn't have to give me a refund. I sent an email with my correspondence with Australia post and they finally replied back saying that I would recieve my refund in 2-3 business days. After 7 business days had passed I was obviously upset and sent a follow up email asking for a correct estimate of how long my refund would realistically take. They had the audacity to try and tell me they couldn't locate my dress again. After I forwarded all my previous emails in which they admitted they found the dress and would issue my refund they sent another lying email saying I would recieve my refund in 2-3 business days. It has been two weeks since then and still no refund. I am so livid this whole company is a scam and was a disaster since the beginning.

Free People — the worst customer service I have experienced

Hard to express my feelings, but I'm extremely disappointed and angry at the same time. I placed my order two...

Free Peoplepackaging of item

Order Number: F141528958 - Suede oversized Trucker Style Jacket M/L

Free People - to Customer Care Dept

Received today, on time - I like the jacket but I do not like the way it was packed, causing serious deep creases throughout the garment - with suede it is not easy to remove deep creases! As I do like the jacket and it's awkward for me to get to the post office to return it, I shall keep it and hope to at least improve its appearance by hanging it in the bathroom from time to time - though the creases are major, so I'm not optimistic. I shall have to go for the very rumpled look!

The garment came in a big box but was ROLLED! in a roll so small that a lot of packing had to be added to the box. Now using the same size box the jacket could have been nicely folded with a bit of tissue and it'd have arrived almost pristine - like the photographs. It didn't. also, it's not "pink" and the sleeve lining is nowhere near as bright pink as one of the photographs. That part doesn't bother me much - the creases, however, do.

Perhaps, to save other customers the same disappointment you might tell your packers they should treat suede (not cheap) with a little more thought and care, and pack accordingly.

Yours sincerely
                      Maisie P. Clark (Mrs)

Free People — shoe rack

An additional has been placed by user from Sharjah for all household stuff from Which we picked up shoerack...

Sharjah

FreePeople — taxes and fees!

I have purchased a jacket from FreePeople and paid for my product and extra money for shipping. My order...

FreePeople — the most terrible company I have ever dealt with

Ordered some clothing from www.freepeople.com and it was quite a big order and I paid a lot (about 500$...

Freepeople.comnever again!

I ordered several items from FreePeople online shop. The shoes I ordered were way too small and the jewelry was rubbish and looked nothing like the pictures on their website. I contacted their customer service and asked for a refund. So I returned everything. It took almost two months for me to finally get a refund and the only reason why I got it was that I opened a dispute through PayPal. Absolutely terrible customer service. They even threatened to not issue my refund until I closed my case with PayPal. I'll never order anything from them again!