Fpl (Florida Power & Light)deposit demand

I am writing in hopes someone out there gets angry enough to file a class action lawsuit against FPL for unfair utilities practice. I lost my employment Jan. 8 2009 and because of a mistake on an account (Nov.of 2008) the check was returned. I found out this happened and I paid it by cash right away, but today Feb.20 2009 I received a threat from FPL that if I did not send an additional deposit of $184.00 by Feb 24 2009 power would be shut off. I wanted to see if others were having the same problems with Florida Power & Light so I checked online and was not surprised to find many complaints. I did however noticed something interesting, FPL demanding different amounts from different customers.
I was wondering do they (FPL) set these extra deposits on a whim?
If you want to know what to do, write Gov. Charlie Crist and tell him what this bully is allowed to do to all of us. Want real change? Fight Back!!

• Hu
    Hubert Lexehomme Sep 09, 2018

FPL is doing unfair practice on how they charge customers . Every month, my bill comes to $411. I paid the bill for some reason. The bank returned the check. FPL charged me $40 more on the top of $411 that made me to pay $451. I followed all the instructions for energy saving. Nothing seem to work for me. This month again I will have to pay $401. A single family home. Why? I believe that FPL is assuming about the water in my area and idi not spend time to read the meter. I eliminated all the ceilling fans, and I replaced all light bulbs with energy saving. This is too much for a poor man single family home. Futhermore, I called FPL to wave the $40 charge because the check has returned. The supervisor told me no way. "we don't do that at FPL" I had to pay for it. for one month bill I paid $451.00 I cannot afford FPL bill and I'm sick of FPL bill. Since they installed Smart meter. No one comes to read the meter. FPL charges me what they want never below $200.
    Rich becomes richest poor becomes poorest
    [email protected]

albertodelafpl Jul 14, 2016

I'm sure if you call cs they will tell you what you need to do...if i'm not mistaken i believe they can also give you a ph # for equifax so that you can inquire about what it is that caused the refusal of service

• Br
    Bryson Jul 14, 2016

YOUR APPLICATION FOR ELECTRIC HAS BEEN DENIED
    YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN DENIED BASED ON INFORMATION ON YOUR CREDIT FILE THAT COULD NOT BE RESOLVED

I have been paying fpl every month on time for the last 8 months
    I recently moved and tried to transfer my account to a new address.
    They denied my credit score for some reason even though the rental office cleared my credit to rent to apartment. there is nothing wrong with my credit score.

Do they have a right to deny people electric if they are they only company in florida? You think they would want to take my money right?
    what am i sposed to do now? buy a generator? move out of florida?
    fpl needs to be sued because all these complaints are going no where.
    I need some help... any suggestions would be great.

Ally1255 Mar 07, 2016

How do we file a class action lawsuit. They are beyond ridiculous. They charged me a $129.00 transfer fee to switch to my next door apartment because I moved to a bigger apartment. Literally 1 door down. Oh and a new deposit fee of 150.00. They should not be allowed to do this!

Cap'n Jack Mesa Jan 05, 2016

I was hit with $850 deposit by FPL, Florida's UNFAIR Electric Company because I paid late 3 times within 6 months ALTHOUGH I lived up to my payment arrangements! Now the only way to keep my electricity on is by having these thieves take the payment directly from my bank account! FPL needs to be stopped!

• Ka
    Karen Eve Aug 19, 2015

Electricity should NOT be a for profit! Bottom Line! Also look at who FPL donates to...Republicans. My bill went up with NO explanation for 3 months. I contact FPL and someone came to my home and couldn't find a reason. I contacted PSC and seems to have FPL's attention. IF ENOUGH PEOPLE BOMBARD PSC WITH COMPLAINTS IT MAY MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Stop the monopolizing of electric! We should have options as long as they are a for profit. If your bill is too high, take action. If we do nothing, nothing happens.

• Sy
    Sylianie Aug 07, 2015

I also have the same problem with them on may I ask them for a extension I went on a vacation when come back I was late for June now they asking me to pay 284 deposit because I was 2 months late I really don't know what to do

mayra castillo Aug 05, 2015

Criminals FPL I despise them. They are mean son of a birches. Someday they will reap what they sow. So will our politicians at the voting booth

• Fo
    former employee WPB Mar 18, 2015

I used to work for FPL and did not make $30/hr. I was in the call center and pretty much experienced the same problems people were calling and cursing me out about, unfortunately, lol. We had no perks, during hurricanes, at one point I slept at work 2 days straight to handle call volume... it's nothing glamorous. The deposit is pretty much based on 2 months service at that address based on the past 23 months (?)... I can't remember. So some properties use more electricity, some less which is why the dollar amounts fluctuate. Let's say you just move in to a place before there was a family of (5)... if they ask you for a deposit, they're basing it on the their usage, which while not fair... is all they have to go by. As far as I know, they didn't disconnect for unpaid deposits but i could be wrong. At one point when I felt like they'd charged me a deposit without merit, I contacted the FPSC and stated my situation, they looked into and had it waived.

• Gi
    ginger95 Feb 24, 2015

We encountered a similar situation where our service was nearly disconnected. I was told that, even though we had paid the back balance, they apparently lumped the following month's bill into a previous "final notice" from Feb. 5th. Without any prior notice, a man called and said he was coming out to disconnect our service. It was a huge shock because we had paid up the past due amount and we WERE working on getting the money together to pay the balance. I was under the impression we had until the 27th; they were going to disconnect us on the 23rd. I can't even figure out HOW they came up with the amount of 110 when we satisfied the terms of the "final notice" and payment arrangement. It's .like assessing an extra deposit, suddenly they change the terms of the agreement and WHAM, you are running around, trying to prevent a disconnect.

• Ru
    Rubb Dec 19, 2014

I just don't get it, maybe I'm an exception. I have been living in my rental apartment for 3 years. My bill gets withdrawn from my account every month, I was never late and never had the power cut off, I was never asked for a deposit. I think the bottom line comes down to responsibility. Just like your car payments, cell phone bills, credit card bills etc... I have been reading this board and so many people have had a sob story of some kind. If you cannot afford your FPL bill maybe you need to move to a place that is smaller. Let's not blame other people/corporations for your lack of responsibility. You knew when you signed on to FPL that the bill was due on a certain date and therefore you must make sure your payment is available on that date. Yes I know times have been tough for many (myself included) but I cut back on the things I couldn't afford. Excuses like my paycheck is on Mondays and bill is due today is NOT AN EXCUSE. I hate to seem cold hearted but the truth is stop wasting your money on crap if you cannot afford it

• Pb
    PBD2015 Sep 24, 2014

!!!This fpl bullying crap has gone too far!!! Enough is enough!!!
    Lets all pull together and make a change!!!
    Right now lets all:
    1. Start or join an existing petition: https: / / www. Change. Org / search?Q=fpl
    2. Spread the word on social media i. E. Facebook, twitter, etc about the problems with fpl and get everyone to sign the petition.
    3. Go on strike: have a "national holiday" or "off the grid season" where all of us turn off the main power on the breaker panel that day. I would say sometime before the fpl pays their bonuses to the executives who are living large off us little people. You can have a backup power source this day for the refrigerator; i. E. Solar, generator, battery backup system, etc. This is a good day to send them e - mails; phone calls, letters or anything else to show them what it's like to have their time wasted and no money that day. These bullies have gone too far and we need to fight back and let them know this is scam of theirs is going public. This should get the media's attention also.
    How about, october, november and december, turn off you main breaker panel switches (Except refrigerator) for 24 hrs. At least once or twice a month?
    4. Get the hell off the grid. Start researching other ways to get power: solar, wind, water turbines, natural gas appliances, battery backups, etc. I have found many helpful links on youtube and websites and find it very interesting and educational learning about other alternative ways of getting energy.
    5. Most importantly - let us all pray:
    Our lord god,
    Creater of the sun, the wind, the water we depend upon and the air we breath. Help us in this time of dispair with our many upon many situations fpl. Fpl has found a way to harvest what you have created, and exploit this resource in a very cruel, heartless, greedy and all around unrighteous way. Many of us are suffering from a recession, loss of some sort and the poor decisions fpl has made has made an unfortunate experience wors and many cases, disasterous. Please help us gain the wisdom and resources to find a way to and to prevail with fpl and touch it's executives with compassion, understanding and lead them in the right direction.
    Only with you, all things are possible.
    Amen.
    Well? What do you think? This is gone out of control. You know it's bad when, even at the church you go to, fpl has a bad reputation of the same bad business practices.
    I would like to hear comments about the list i started.
    Let's roll!!!

• Su
    SuperFlyEli Sep 23, 2014

So what's being done? Who in Tallahassee is looking into this? How can an entire states worth of people have complaints about corruption with this company and no public response? Rates go up during hurricane season just because? What gives them the right to increase bills when people didn't use the power? Why are they allowed to continue to operate like this without Tallahassee getting involved? Politics, money, and power! That's why! An extra $10 per bill? An extra $20? How about the insane amount of increasing deposits month after month? Multiply that by just under 19 million Floridians and there's your answer!!! When you can control 100% of any customer base you can pretty much do whatever you want because of the monetary influence you have with law makers & politicians. Yeah, you guessed, you voted for those people!! So how to you fight this type of corruption? Well in all honestly, you really can't. Not by yourself. You need to have an outside organization with the guts to stand up to a goliath of a company like FPL. So now what? Well now we can hope that one of those law makers we put in office will feel a little guilty about that little girl with no power.

• Ju
    Just no May 03, 2014

Totally agree, no second shots with Florida power, I moved in February and chose auto-pay online for the hundred off of my initial deposit. Well I accidentally gave them the account number to my checking and not my savings. They never once called or emailed me to tell me there was a problem. So when I got the paper bill I looked at the charges. 394 dollars! For only two months. The actual energy usage was only around 100 dollars between both months. I went online to see what was wrong and pay . My account said online suspended and it showed they re-charged me the extra hundred deposit since being suspended meant no auto-pay. I called and offered to immediately pay whatever to keep me on the online auto-pay. All she said was sorry, but since you had non-sufficient funds we can't. They also charged me for not having the funds as well something like 45 dollars and said it'll be a full year before I can get back on the auto-pay method. They have zero customer service. Don't use fpl. Move somewhere else. Over 750 dollars in 3 months... 100 % ###. My energy usage is only around 60 dollars a month.

• Sc
    SCREWFPL Nov 04, 2013

FPL ARE ###ING SCAM ARTIST!!!
    WE HAVE PAID OVER 1, 000 IN RANDOM DEPOSITS…. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!
    HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY

empressqween May 23, 2013

A NOTIFICATION WAS PLACED ON MY DOOR INFORMING ME THAT MY POWER WOULD BE OUT. and after that I guest they tried to get in my side gate and after they couldn't get in. my neighbor said that the fpl worker spray my dog with pepper spray burn his hair and his skin there I wasn't even home. What do I need to to I took picture and its not fair because I have a big beware of the dog sign.

• Wi
    wiliam g Mar 15, 2013

free energy exists they just try to keep it in secret, but they will be taking down just like the romans, at last buy they will be out of the scam they been running for a long time, free energy grid exists and they know it, its coming soon, they will be out of bussiness, what a pleasure ja ja ja ja

• La
    lakesimmons Aug 17, 2012

FPL has very rude reps, account supervisors, as well as managers. Fpl withdrew a payment from my bank account after I was assured that if my account does not have a balance they would not take the funds out of my account well low and behold they still took 250.00 out of my checking account. I have always paid my bill on time thats why I have no problem with auto bill pay. I am on a fixed income due to the fact that I am a disabled vet. Any way I called as soon as I found out because my rent payment was due the next day for them to return the funds to my account because they had made an error. I was treated so nasty I was told well u dont have to pay a bill until October, that had nothing to do with it so I requested a supervisor who was very rude she was not trying to hear what I was telling her so she got angry and hung up the phone on me. I called back again and was told that they had made a mistake and they would return the funds to my account in 4-7 days guess what it has been passed that time when I call to check on my refund all I get is lies I called a total of 11 times ( no lie) and was told something different everytime a manager called me back after 2 hrs with the most nastiest attitutude her response to me was what do I want her to do she cannot speed up the process so what do I want her to do, she was very rude and nasty like she really didnt have time to explain what process she was talking about again I explained that they need to make all of their employees aware of the correct information and not lie to the customer she didnt even care that he had lied and told me that the payment was already sent to my bank and the fact that he was on the phone via conferance call with my bank he still continued to lie. She did not want to hear that, She was down right nasty I fought for this country and its not right to be treated like your nothing. I dont understand how this can be legal at all. I dont understand why they are allowed to have such crappy attitudes with their customers if it wasnt for the customers they would have no business. I dont know how long it will take them to return my funds to my account, all I can do is wait and try to pawn or sell something just to get the money I need to pay rent this month. If there is anyone out there who knows who i CAN TALK TO about this please let me know my email is lakesimmons @gmail.com

• Wa
    walt5104 Jul 18, 2012

This is meant for all the ###ed idiots who say everyone complaining is a late payer. We have been with FPL for 12 years and never had a late payment. EVER. Some [censored] called FPL and said they were moving into our house which was a lie. Without contacting us, FPL cut our service and transferred account to new person. Went to pay the bill and they said our account was cancelled and they tried to notify us. Never received any such notices by phone, e-mail, or mail. The rep proceeded to advise us that to restore our account we would have to pay $500 deposit. ###. They screwed up and made unauthorized changes to our service and let some fraud ### take over our service. Won't tell us who it was so we can prosecute and won't do anything themselves. Forcing us to pay for their major f***up is just a way to say f*** you we do what we want. If we refuse to pay then they turn us off. Where is the justice in this and how can you honestly explain that even though you f***ed up that we still have to pay for it. Called lawyer to have something done. If FPL does nothing then will prosecute them for illegal business practices and yes we have a case. FPL will be held accountable for once.

• Br
    brevardmom Jun 09, 2012

FPL is as crooked as a business can get, but then again that is what you get when you allow a monopoly to run with no oversight. Great job Charlie!!! FPL charges more than their tariff allows in Brevard County, charges fees on online payments when they use your stored information to make payments without your consent and most importantly they do not fix their mistakes when they are WRONG. Because they don't have to.. we live in Florida, land of the Business is always right and the citizens can SUCK IT... Thanks again Charlie...

EMJG Jun 09, 2012

6/9/2012-Now this some of these circumstances sound similar to what I experience even though I didn't (thank God) loss my job. However, I seemed to notice when I talked to other electric customers in Georgia, they had other companies to give power services and their bill were not as high. My bill keep going up even though I am on budget billing. The actual bill in most cases was lower than the budget bill. They said it had to do with averaging the out from hot summer versus the cold winter months. I keep complaining and finally FPL installed a new meter and the usage reduced. Also, after an illiness and loss of income, FPL charged me an additional deposit. Currently, I noticed some of those monies being (from the deposit) credited back to my account (so the charges are lowering). EG

EMON May 07, 2012

FPL RAISED OUR DEPOSIT !!! WE PAID $212.00 INNITIALLY AND PAID OUR BILLS ON TIME EXCEPT ONE BILL IN WHICH WE WERE CHARGED A "LATE FEE" AND "RECONNECTION FEE." HOWEVER, THIS WAS DUE TO A PROBLEM WITH THE MAIL SERVICE. I CALLED AND SPOKE TO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEN A SUPERVISOR BECAUSE WE RECEIVED A NEW BILL FOR A RAISE IN DEPOSIT OF $70.00. I ASKED THEM HOW DID THEY COME UP WITH $282.00 DEPOSIT FOR AN AVERAGE OF 6 MONTHS ONLY TOTALLING $120.00. THEY SAID THAT THEY TAKE A 12 MONTH AVERAGE. SO EVEN THOUGH MY WIFE AND I HAVE ONLY BEEN THERE FOR 6 MONTHS, THEY ARE TAKING AN AVERAGE FROM THE LAST TENNANTS 6 MONTHS BILLING CYCLE ALSO. WHAT THE [email protected]#$??? WHY AM I PAYING 12 MONTHS AVERAGE INCLUDING 6 MONTHS FROM SOME OTHER IDIOT??? THEY SAID THE CHECK THE SOCIAL SECURITY # AS WELL. EVEN IF THEY DID, ALL THE BILLS WERE ALWAYS PAID ON TIME. THEY ALSO SAID IF YOU ARE LATE ON A BILL THEY CAN RAISE THE DEPOSIT??? WHY, WHEN THEY CHARGED ME A LATE FEE ON TOP OF A RECONNECTION FEE??? UNFORTUNATELY WE HAVE NO CHOICE OF OTHER ELECTRIC COMPANIES AND SOLAR AND WIND POWER IS ABOUT $16, 000.00 TO POWER A HOUSE, NOT TO MENTION YOU'DE HAVE TO SWITCH YOUR COOKING AND WATER HEATING TO GAS... WE ARE SCREWED UNLESS SOMETHING IS DONE. I HOPE SOMEONE CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. I WOULDN'T KNOW WHERE TO START...

• Fp
    FPL NEEDS TO SUFFER A LOSS Apr 03, 2012

I asked for a payment extenision, only to be charged two months later a secutity deposit of an additional 250.00 on top of the 900.00 they already have!!! they must use the deposit money to afford the bonuses to thier shareholders and exectives...
    WE NEED TO TAKE CONTROL TURN OFF THE POWER AT THE BREAKERS TWO DAYS A WEEK IT WILL COST THE M MILLIONS CALL THE PROGRAM UN PLUG FPL STEP OFF THE GRID...DON'T GET MAD GET EVEN HELL IN FLORIDA IT CAN CAN REALLY COST THEM A LOSS IF WE COULD GET A NATIONAL INTEREST WE COULD SURE MAKE A STATEMENT BETWEEN FPL AND THE GAS WE ARE POOR...

Sandi Winters Dec 21, 2011

I got a notice for a mandatory deposit from FPL today too and I have not been late. The bad thing is that they have already strong armed a previous $54.00 deposit from me and now, right here, due 3 days before Christmas, they want another $164.00. I have never even had a bill over $130.00. I don't know what can be done about this, but it's just awful. They can get away with this because they have no competitors. I have been an FPL customer for 9 years and they are making me feel like I am worthless and dishonest. We are nothing but numbers and statistics to this company...

Sandi Winters Dec 21, 2011

I got a notice today too and I have not been late. The bad thing is that they have already strong armed a previous $54.00 deposit from me and now, right here, due 3 days before Christmas, they want another $164.00. I don't know what can be done about this, but it's just awful. They can get away with this because they have no competitors. I have been an FPL customer for 9 years and they are making me feel like I am worthless and dishonest. We are nothing but numbers and statistics...

• So
    sofia28 Oct 19, 2011

Hi everyone my name is Sofia i'm looking for a very brave law firm who would file a class action lawsuit against this company maybe the Cochran Law firm in Ft Lauderdale, Fl because i am fed up of fpl extortion i moved to a new house as a tenant on august 1 2011 between august 1. and october 17. i was billed $.800.00 (That's 10 weeks) and from this amount 353.00 includes an additional deposit when i moved in my security deposit was moved under the new account and i made sure i have left no unpaid balance on the previous account but $800.00 in 10 weeks that's to much i'm also unemployed so i called them make sure they won't ask for additional security deposit also please if company have the right to record everything you say so as you please start to record your conversations over the phone with this company and upload it to youtube this is my very hard earned money i want to pay my bills on my time when i have the money and not on your terms they know that it's a game for them a disgusting game but others are sleeping with them in the same bed banks ..etc at one point the last couple of years when i was dealing with them i was also told if i don't like it i can always go to an other company...funny morbidly funny

albertodelafpl Sep 13, 2011

FPL is regulated and isn't the only utility in the state of FL therefore isn't a monopoly. As for the deposit when you initially move in it is based on the most recent 12 months of billing when the home was occupied but after you've established your usage (after 12 months) you can request to have deposit reevaluated and adjusted if your average 2 months is less than the deposit you initially paid. Your deposit does accumulate a 6% interest which is applied to your account annually (usually in June) and you also get paid interest when deposit is refunded or if you move or close your account.

Jose Bauzo Jul 19, 2011

to the fpl rep who stated his comments.. its a fact that the power companies in florida are government. try and start your own power company.. go ahead.. the reality is these huge companies make it look great with, we will have these areas and they get those areas, so its not a monopoly.. then we get protected against from start ups by legistlature in florida so we pay those congressmen their payments and house representatives their money.. fpl would be out of business if they operated like a true business in florida. if i have a issue with att wireless, i can go to metro, , try doing that with the almighty power gods in florida.. dont speak about policy for fpl when their policy is strickly written by the fat cat trying to collect every sent. also, the interest collected on our deposits, does that get paid to us when we move and no longer need their service. do the math and let me know how much interest in all these deposits have generated per year and i am sure not taxed revenue. fpl rep is blind. i am sorry we all have to deal with this, my only thought would be to go to the meetings or write letters to the supreme courts. it is stealing, from the american public!

• C3
    C305 Jul 02, 2011

I completely agree and would be will to pay the whatever it took to join in a class action suit against FPL for unfair business practices. I'm being charged a deposit based on someone else's usage. I have been in my house for 1 month and before I moved in they wanted over $700 deposit. Do they think money grows on trees in a recession! Then my first bill was just over $200, which is nowhere near half $700. The deposit are highway robbery that need to be capped by law! As a matter of fact they shouldn't be able to charge the deposit until after two billing cycles. It's just completely unfair!

cate6666 Jun 23, 2011

The deposit amount varies based on 2 months' average billing over the last 12 months. No residence uses the same electricity as another residence so the amount will differ from account to account.

cate6666 Jun 23, 2011

They are not the most expensive. Do your research.

Please call ConEd and ask them when they will be providing service in Florida.

And the borders northbound are still open. Perhaps NY here you come?

cate6666 Jun 23, 2011

Electric companies can require a deposit on an electric account. It is a state law.

You can try a petition, but good luck doing so.

• St
    stu0605 Jun 23, 2011

This might be a stupid idea but why doesn't someone circulate a petition to have a law passed that it would make it illegal for a utility company to ask for or hold a deposit for services?

• Ki
    KimberlyL67 Mar 11, 2011

same that has happened to me as a number of people on here.. i paid my account on time every month, for years, then all of the sudden my husband got laid off, i got laid off, and life started going to crap. due to a screw up with my old bank, i changed banks, and a mistake on my part, forgot to update my automatic withdrawal, and didnt realie that the months bill wasn't paid..which lead to a deposit demand from fpl, a change in account status to cash only the next month because i couldnt come up with it.. my bill since keeps going up and up cause of shut off fees, and reconnection fees, since 2/11 to 03/11 i've had to go all the way to another city (they dont have a payment place set up in my tiny town 3 times to pay to get my power turned back on. two times they gave me NO notice, didn't even knock on the door to get cash from me, just shut it off and left, i didn't even recieve a final notice or a shut off notice or anything in the mail until AFTER it was shut off. we paid the balance they said it would take to turn the power back on, then a week later, same thing..shut off, no notice no warning, again we went down there paid it, turned it back on..a week and half later, again..at least this time someone knocked on my door. it still got shut off but at least i had warning. i finally got caught up, my due date for this month was the 8th..today is the 10th, i was going down tomorrow to pay the balance, but in the mail today, i recieve a final notice.. i have until the 15th to pay $158.60. wth? im not even behind?? if i pay that my balance goes down to 0 i think..minues a reconnection fee that was in there.. if i add the reconnect fee im all caught up, not behind at all.. right now im behind 2 days. they mailed this thing out the DAY my bill was due.

maria rivera rodriguez Feb 11, 2011

Why is it that fpl is the only most expensive utility company in the world. They are robbing the poor and its highway robbery that they are the only company in the state of Florida. Get rid of fpl and get another company. New York con Edison is more economical. May we should downsize their staff. They spend all there time in meetings and 3 hour lunches. Rip off company.

cate6666 Feb 09, 2011

Please stop spamming this thread and attempting to sell your product.

• Cz
    CzarL.IgniteNRG. Feb 08, 2011

Good morning to all!! I can't sell what i don't own. I am proud to be part of muti-level maketing company that is built by the comsumer for the consumer. We are less expensive and yes we care about people.
    Check the JD powers review. Ranked 2nd in customer service(out of 96 other providers). and only 2nd because the 1st ranked company is only 1/10 the size of ours.
    Our company has been feature by 500inc magazine as the fastest growing company in history. Not the fastest growing company in the electric market but fastest growing company period. Say no more i enjoy giving individuals the choice to save money.

• Ti
    timzguy Jan 29, 2011

FPL are Legal Criminals!
    I just had a bout with them over a late payment, they shut off my power for 24 hours.
    They shut it off and i immediately went and paid it and they left me with no power for 24 hours! My fridge went warm, sat in the dark with candles. When i called these losers they said "oh power will be restored within 24 hours" [censor]! I was without power for 24 hours. I hate them and i will be doing something to make their company irritated. If they think they're getting any more deposits from me they are NUTS.

• Ka
    karmavoodoo Jan 29, 2011

I was issued a final notice for being 10 days late. They issued the final notice on the day after my bill was due. No, I was not behind by a month. My January bill was due on the 18th. My final notice before power is turned off was issued on January 19th, which specified that if not paid by January 26, my power would be shut off. I called to see if there was some kind of glitch in the system, but no. The rep said that the system is in control of when final notices are sent. I'm disgusted. I've always been happy with FPL, but this is ridiculous. I totally understand that bills need to be paid and it's not the company's responsibility to worry about our hard times, but charge me a late fee. Don't turn off my power after a week of nonpayment. Especially since I've been a customer for over 10 years. Hang in there everyone.

cate6666 Jan 28, 2011

You should call the PSC and give them your complaint. Call [protected].