Having problems with Forest River?

Forest River reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 13, 2008. The latest review 2012 Forest River Wildcat 32RK Sterling Edition was posted on Oct 18, 2021. The latest complaint Unable to get replacement parts was resolved on Jun 11, 2012. Forest River has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 160 reviews. Forest River has resolved 13 complaints.

Forest River Customer Service Contacts

55470 County Road 1
Elkhart, Indiana
United States - 46514-9765

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Forest River Customer Service. Initial Forest River complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Forest River above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Forest River. Discuss the issues you have had with Forest River and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Forest River Complaints & Reviews, Page 8

Forest River — Bad workmanship

Buyer beware! We bought a brand new 2011 Wildcat 32foot fifthwheel in May of 2011 and we had nothing but...

Forest RiverUnable to get replacement parts

We have a 2004 Lexington Class B + and have been trying for several months to get a replacement tag light cover with no results. We have gone to Camping World and they have not been able to get it either. I have tried on other occasions to get information and parts from them and never received an answer to phone calls or emails. I will never buy another unit from them as they do not value their customers or stand behind their products.

Forest River, Inc.Shasta rv

In March of 2011 I Purchased a 2011 BRAND NEW Forest River Shasta 26QBTB pull behind trailer. After more than one year of dealer and manufacturer attempts to resolve a slide leak, and more than 30 other issues including a sinking floor tub, defective hot water heater, and permanent water damage they have not resolved my issues and will not refund my money or even provide me compensation, an equal replacement, or anything other, I am warning others about Forest River".

Shasta requested ONE final attempt for repair as a result of the demand letter I sent them two months ago|. However, they did not effectively repair the RV and sent it back to me with partical board exposed to the elements on the outer wall of the slide, a (still) leaking slide, water stains/damage where the water leaked into the main flooring from the leak, and a drill hole in the sunlight, among other things?. The repair process of their original manufacturing defects (despite their "industry accepted tests that are proven effective") are still ineffective despite best attempts and displayed patience for repairs/. I "explicitly detailed my expectations" in writing as requested by Shasta to diagnose a recurring issue that could not previously be identified through "Shasta's industry best practices" while the RV was at their manufacturing plants!. Their ONE final attempt was a concerted effort in failure'.

The original dealer stated that our RV was "the first unit off the production line" and "no wonder why you are having so many issues"?. The dealer attempted to contact Shasta more than 3 times about the slide leak (among the laundry list of other repairs);. Shasta has denied effective solutions to the customer and the dealer and wasted a lot of people's time, money, energy, and undue stress. Shasta has used up it's "one last attempt" at fixing EVERYTHING that is wrong with my RV.

They can have the title and RV as I want nothing to do with their defective product. Nor would I consider trading it in or selling it privately due to the irreparable defects. My values will not allow me knowingly to pass on these problems to someone else or I would have done that from the beginning despite the financial impact. I would have been able to recuperate 75-80% of my losses that way, which would have been acceptable at the time.

My next step is contacting local media outlets, provide online feedback on blogs, websites, and anywhere else I can WARN and PROTECT a potential buyer.

This has gone on far too long. I have been very agreeable on proposed repairs by Shasta and its representative(s). I have been as patient possible with Shasta considering the significant issues I have had with their defective product. I am not a "problem customer." I was sold a problem product. This RV is a lemon. I paid cash for a defective unit and they will not/have not repaired manufacturing defects. Further, I have provided Shasta one too many chances to correct the defects of the brand new RV and as a result I have lost more than 50 days of my RV being in the shop, and countless time trying to correct this situation.

I will certainly remain vocal to friends, neighbors, strangers, and anyone else I can warn as to this event for years to come.

Forest RiverBad service

I purchased a 2006, 19ft Forest River Wildwood Travel trailer and nothing in it has worked since the day after I took delivery. The AC/DC converter melted down on the second day and of course the closest dealer to me is a few hundred miles away. Next the plumbing turned out to be pure junk. No water pressure, the water pump burned up becuase they never tightened the fittings and it just ran and ran. I'm on my fourth pump now and it works for about a week and then stops again. I hate everything about Forect River and their products.

It is quite clear this company has absolutely NO QUALITY STANDARDS of any kind. I am going to file a lawsuit and I suggest all the other forest river owners join me so we can get rid of this terrible manufacturer.

Respond

Forest RiverSold me a broken rv

We bought a broken rv from forest river model greywolf they told us to take it to a dealer and get it fixed the dealer told it was junk it needed to go back to the factory factory had it brought back to them about two thousand miles away one slide was broken and crooked the floor underneath was tore up because they forgot to put the wheels under the slider the couch was installed on stacks of two by fours there was big weld drips on the frame and lot's of other small issues and something they found that i have no idea what it was that they had to repair the other slide was also crooked and now they want me to go get it at my exspence and my time which i have no time to go two thousand miles in each direction. we beg for our money back the dealer told us now it's used can't take it back to bad you bought it. forest rivers manger also refused to give money back.

• Mu
            mung Sep 30, 2013

I have never found a single Forest River employee who takes one bit of pride in his or her work.

Forest RiverDon't ever buy their products

I own a 2006 Flagstaff 831BHSS TT and noticed significant leak in the back within 4 months. I was told by the dealer - RON HOOVER RV in Houston - that the roof was covered under warranty, but NOT THE SEALS! I went on a several weeks spree contacting the top people in Forest River in July-August 2006 and was never even offered any help - just that's the way it is they all said. ON A BRAND NEW TRAILER!!! I have gone 4 years now with constant leaks, no matter how many times I have repaired and how much money I have paid. The back outer shell has now developed a crack and the trailer is probably worthless now. I have gotten absolutely no offer of assistance by HOOVER or Forest River for my lemon. Also, I have had to buy a replacement water heater ($850) since it went out a few months after the warranty on it expired, faucet busted, new axle (insurance paid for most), water line leaks, etc. I vowed 4 years ago that I would make sure the world knows and NOT TO BUY A FOREST RIVER!!! Besides the crack on the outside, the wood cabinets and roof, ceiling, and walls are completely water damaged and the trailer always smells musty, despite doing everything I knew how to stop it.

Forest River — Leaking roof and other issues

I own a 2006 Flagstaff 831BHSS TT and noticed significant leak in the back within 4 months after buying in...

Forest River — Beware

We just purchased a 2011 Flagstaff Micro-Lite travel trailer made by Forest River. It came with a Dometic...

Forest RiverShower stall

do not buy a rv of any kind from forest river rv, they fall apart and they do not stand be hind them a one year warranty is not enought when you only use one one time ayear and then they fall apart, they say they want stand behind any thing after that when you spend fourty thousand dollars for a rv that sucks bad rv. company stay away

3 Responses
              • Ka
                Kat Kelley Jun 15, 2016

My son bought a new 2016 Forest River Salem travel trailer and in less than 10 months the refrigerator and AC have BOTH gone out and had to be repaired at our cost!!! WILL NEVER BUY ANY RV FROM THIS WORTHLESS MANUFACTURER AGAIN!!! Save your money or go to a more reputable establishment to purchase an RV!!!

• Ra
                RayDog Jan 22, 2016

I agree, Forest River needs to go away. I bought used just so the previous owners could get the bugs worked out. But I feel for sorry for the sellers for having to deal with not only the problems but the extreme loss of $ for selling to me.

John

• Fa
                fastmixer Jul 25, 2010

Exactly, I purchased a Salem toyhauler brand new a 2010. It is a piece of junk. Everything is falling apart. Now I have a 45, 000.00 fifthwheel that I can't even get the warranty work started on. Something needs to be done about these people.

Forest River — Bad service

Bought a 2011 Forest River Salem 36BHBS. The windows are in crooked, the patio door frame is warped and the...

Forest RiverOvercharging freight

i priced a pop-up camper door lock on amazon for $17.13 + $6 shipping, then decided to check out Forest river Rv for the door lock on my flagstaff pop-up, their price was $15.86, and i ordered it...when i received it i checked my bank account and was charged $33.65...they charged me $17.79 to deliver a .5 lb door handle across one state!.
              when i called the representative i ordered it from, she refered me to her supervisor, who loudly argued with me and then hung up on me...

i want to warn all potential consumers to avoid doing business with a company that treats their customers with such comtempt.

Forest RiverScam

I called the Oregon Forest River RV plant and ordered a replacement fender skirt for my 5th wheel. I was told that I would have to order a pair of them because that was the only way they packaged them. At $100.00 each, and only needing one, I tried to explain that I would probably never have a use for a 2nd one and could'nt they break up a pair and hold the 2nd one for the next person that needs one...They were adamant that they could'nt ( or would'nt) do this.

It seems rediculous to make a person purchase 2 of something when only one is needed. This will make me reconsider my opinion of Forest River and I will probably not purchase another one of their products.

• Fa
                    fastmixer Jul 25, 2010

I totally agree with you. They are horrible. I will never own another Forest River product.

Forest RiverPoor customer service

Emailed Steve at forest river with the pictures of the rotten floor of my 5th wheel unit which leaked through a larger than normal opening for the back compartment, leaked around the opening.

have now waited going on 4 months and still no reply to anything that i have sent, poor customer service and this was a $50, 000 unit never again will i purchase a forest river product and will make it well know to all of the campers i see not to look at this product, made in the USA my ***.

with poor customer service from the corporate office i guess they just don't give a rats butt if they lose sales to other companies, i will be checking other manufactures when i get my next model.

so long Forest River right down the drain.

• Bu
                      bummedbyForestRiver Jun 10, 2010

We bought the Sierra model in 2008 and have had to send it back to the factory twice for multiple repairs: delaminating ceiling tiles, wrong awning installed, nails coming through rubber roof top in a number of locations, misaligned drawers, faulty shower stall installation, ceiling tiles missing in cabinets. The list goes on and on. The factory took it back to repair it both times after months of sending them letters, emails and pictures. The last time they took it back, we were told they received it with a broken window, missing wheel cap and other damage along one side. When we went down to the factory to pick up the "repaired" RV, the service rep tried to tell us that they picked it up that way. Unfortunately for them, we had two witnesses to the pick up who verified that the trailer was intact which means the damage occured under Forest River's care. The fact that they went ahead and made all the repairs and didn't charge us speaks volumes. Then when we got it back it was missing another wheel cap!

Now, after two trips for repairs and several thousand dollars out of our pocket to have it moved off our permanent site, you would think that everything is great. We thought so, then came to find that they only replaced three of the five delaminated ceiling panels. Enough and never again will we purchase a Forest River product!

Forest River — Warranty scam

My wife & I bought a Palomino TXL-FL pop-up camper here in Houston in 1999. The lift system now has a...

Forest River, Inc.Not what they say

I bought a 2010 Cherokee Grey Wolf 19RR Made by Forest River Inc, When the trailer arrived it only had a single step which is very high and in there list of standard features it list a double step as standard, after calling dealer which told me oh well I contacted forest river which said they can change whatever they decide, If they advertise it as standard then it should be the step from the step to the ground is abot 16 inches it is a safety factor if nothing else

Forest River — Defective suspension on toyhauler

We purchased a 2009 XLR 37 x 16 Fifth Wheel Toyhauler and used it 4 times. On the fourth trip, our equalizer...

Calgary

Forest RiverNothing but problems

We purchased a new 31 ft. Flagstaff Rv made by Forest river. We have had it for 6 months and only used it 3 times. We have had nothing but problems. The roof leaks, sink leaks, windows leak, Parts on glide out are broke the list goes on. We paid 30, 000 dollars for a HUGE piece of junk. If you are considering buying an rv PLEASE don get foretst river. We had A Prowler for 17 years and never had one problem with it. We made a HUGE mistake buying a new travel trailer from Forest River. Fleetwood is so much better. Take my word you dont need thedse headaches from forest river and the poor quality of thier rv's.

Respond

Forest RiverPoor service and customer care

My husband and I designed and purchased a new Silverback fifth wheel from Forest River in 2007. Since day one we have had 13 repairs done on the unit, all of which were factory related. 5 non water related, and 8 water/septic related. Some were fixed to satisfaction, and others still remain. All happened under full warranty. To our frustration, a bad musty, mold odor has developed over the past year and a half and has taken over everything in the trailer. Forest River claimed that they could never smell it. Just told us to properly ventilate the unit. Well, over storage time, we installed vent covers, and a dehumidifier/ionizer. The first trip out this spring...the smell overwhelmed every bit of clothing, food, and supplies in the trailer again! I took it upon myself to hire an outside reputable company to give us a written estimate of damages. Well, almost $4000 of work just to find where they were getting readings of 80% moisture still present in our trailer! Forest River's reply...We have fulfilled our warranty above and beyond. You and your smell are on your own. Nice people. We are left to make sure that 80% moisture throughout the middle to upper part of our fifth wheel doesn't turn into mold! Another camping season lost? No way! I will fight this battle to the end! Manufacturer's should not be allowed this type of injustice. Every payment I make on our "dream trailer" gives me a stomach ache.

Forest RiverPoor workmanship/highway danger

I have a 2007 Forest River, Cardinal, fifth wheel trailer. Numerous flawed items including doors, drawers, curtains, and shelves of a cosmetic nature have been repaired or replaced since new...Numerous items of a functional nature including roof fan mechanism, LP gas pressure valves, wiring, and a faucet have been repaired or replaced since new. Numerous road safety items have been repaired, adjusted, or replaced including the failure of two tires, one enroute, wheel brake drums, rims, and suspension system since new...The studs on one wheel just snapped off enroute on one trip sending the wheel out into the adjoining woods where it was later recovered...very damgerous...Unfortunatelu, most of the problems I have experienced seem to be repeated in similar airings on the various blogs...I am going to attempt to stir some interest again at the NHTSA with the advent of a new administration...The tire issues are just about universal and systemic exposing all travelers to grave and avoidable dangers repeatedly...I have seen countless complaints regarding these tires and, as far as I can determine, the NHTSA has managed to ignore scores of complaints on the subject...

Sincerely,

Wayne Brown

• Ho
                              Horkan Ken Aug 08, 2009

I have a Forest River Chorekee Lite 2006 with 2 slide outs we have used it about 12 times and the frame that holds the slide out broke loose!! The dealer informed me they have had some issues with this but the warranty was out of date. I called Forest River and i was told there was nothing they could do for me it was out of warranty with no explanation of why this would of happen!!
                              I will never work with this company again. Very poor service.
                              Ken Horkan

Forest River — Poor service

I have recently purchased a 2009 Rockwood High Wall 276 tent camper from your company via *** RV center. A...