Ford Creditharassment

S

Why was I called and harassed about a payment that was 11 days late but would not acquire late charges until 15 days late?

Why was I told that the call was just a reminder but was ask personal questions about why, when and methods even after I told your representative I would make payment the next day?

When I made the payment on the following day and complained to your representative about the harassment, I was told that I was not harassed before I told her any details.

I was also told that my account was in collections.

Why was my account in collections for 11 days past the due date and would not acquire any late charges until received 15 days past the due date?

I would like an answer to these questions so I can file a formal complaint without being bias.

This is the letter I sent to Ford Credit. I had never been late with a payment to Ford Credit. If I missed understood my bill then I would like to apologize. My Bill has a Payment Due Date amount and also a Payment Received AFTER amount. This is a 15 day difference. I was simply thinking that I could buy this nice couch and still make my car payment before it acquired late charges without any problems. Not! lol

saratinawomble Feb 10, 2010

I am a single mother having a hard time keeping up with my payments. I know I cut it close each month but I make sure I get the payment posted before it falls 30 days past due to try and help my credit. I made a payment on a Saturday; I first went online and it stated it may take up to 2 business days for the payment to post to the account so I looked at the phone payment options which stated the payment would post the next business day for a fee. I did this at once over the phone. Imagine my surprise when the payment did not post until Tuesday, even when on the phone I was told it would post on Monday. This made me just miss the deadline and I believe was done of purpose. These people will not work with you. If I ever get rid of this car I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN AND WILL GO TO EVERY SITE POSSIBLE TO SPREAD THE WORD they are rude and tell you its your fault anyway for waiting till the last minute. This money, I might add, cleared my account a FULL DAY before they posted it as a payment and so did the fee I paid to make sure it posted the next business day!!! They are horrible and dishonest and will never admit to a mistake

• In
    In My Opinion Apr 16, 2010

Ok .. Here is the deal. I used to work for Ford Motor Credit.

The reason you were called on the 11th day, was to remind you that the payment had not been received. This would have allowed you time to make the payment before the late fee was charged (on the 15th day) in case you forgot or it was an oversight. I guess you would have rathered for them to call you on the 15th day, when it would have been too late to make a payment with out the late charge.

You account goes into collections when it is 1 day past due because it is in fact past due. Now the level of collections depends on how many days past due you are.

I wasn't on the phone so I dont know what was said, but I should have been a courtsey call just to remind you in case of an oversight.

Also remember that your loan is probably Simple Interest. Your monthly payment is determined on your ALL of your payments being made/received on or before the due date. Since you are running a few days late, you will accrue additional intrest on the back end of the loan. Your last payment will be higher than the normal scheduled payment. The higher you interest rate is, the higher the additional interest will be. Plug your nembers into an amorization table to see where you should be.

One last thing. Late payments are not reported on your credit until 30 days past due, but it is still considered late after the due date.

Hope this helps.

Angela Stokes Mar 13, 2011

Why am I getting harassed about an payment I sent in on the 21Jun, 2010, it was received on the 23 Jun, 2010 on 15 Jul, 2010 I received a call from ford credit stating I did not make the payment and when am i going to make the payment, I looked at my July bill and it showed that the payment was received on 23 Jun, 2010 on or about the 21 Jul 2010 they said they sent it back to the bank and has not showed up yet and they are calling me every day wanting to know when I will send the payment. My thing is I sent it and they received it and someone at ford credit messed up. I would like to know what happen to my payment I get a different story every time they call their don’t seem to know what they are doing, this is how they treat a customer that never missed or was late with a payment since 2006, I don’t think I will use them again.

• Ot
    Otto Sales Jan 20, 2013

Ford does not issue contracts via simple interest. They use the rule of 7/8 and APR which computes to variables with the interest paid up front rather than over the term.This varies by state of the contract is executed in.

• Ac
    AC8989 Apr 29, 2017

Never lease with these ### heads again, They suck and lie and don't help you yet alone greeedy. Spread the word. DONT LEASE WITH FORD