Menu
Florida Department of Revenue
reviews & complaints

Florida Department of Revenue
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

163 complaints
17 resolved 146 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Florida Department of Revenue. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
K
1:57 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'm enclosing a reply I wrote below it explains a lot of what I'm going thru...I will say no child support was owed to anyone but me court stated...I requested to clear arrears 2010...they were for the prior years Shawn supported his child and mine...the DOR became upset...I wanted child support from that day on...Shawn was paying regularly but she messed...

11:52 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello my name is Shannon Bonner, I have 2 different case numbers, since I'm not sure which you need I will provide you with both. Case number on letter for court is 2001177528 I have also been told this is my case number 0011793354. The other parent on this case is Steven D'Cruz (social 042-80-0326). Arrears at this time (11/8/19) are $37, 174.63. I am...

E
5:13 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went into the office located at 2205. La. Vista. Dr. In Pensacola. Fl. I had. Questioned the woman in booth. 10. About a paternity test. I had learned in the last couple of weeks while applying for veterans benefits that. I was not around when she got pregnant. I requested a paternity test. Upon being sued for child support from 1975. The response was. We...

12:04 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good afternoon, My complaint begins with my wages being garnished even though Orange County wasn't directly involved with this matter. I first went to court in March 19, 2019 Judge Myers ruling was that I was to continue paying the mortgage until the house was sold in lieu of any garnishment for child support and Alimony. The Judge signed off on this on...

T
8:19 pm

Florida Department of Revenue - child support

I have an open child support case with my exhusband since 2012. I keep receiving letters in the mail regarding my son and child support enforcement trying to open a new case for me. When I called I was told that I need to contact on the children and families I spoke with a supervisor with consumer relations department of children and families I even had this supervisor on speaker phone when I went into the legal department of revenue he tried to explain to the local office that I have complied and every way that this is a computer error inLetters in the mail regarding and child support enforcement to me. When I called I was told that I need to contact on the Georgia game I spoke with the supervisor then Department of children and families I even had this supervisor on speakerphone when I went into the legal department of revenue he tried to explain to the local office that I have complied and every way that this is a computer error And a secondary case then it needs to be closed out. This is been going on for several months I fill out all the papers that this agency mails me and turn them in and every month I recieve more! And that's just one of the issues I am having with the local office! Please help me make this stop! They continuously have sanctions put on me which puts me in a hardship as well as me having to takeoff work just to go to the local office where I spent many hours therefore I'm not making money.

D
6:14 pm

Florida Department of Revenue - sending my hearing letter to the wrong address

On October26 i recieve a letter for a hearing from the state attorney of child support to the wrong address i didn't change my address and my address they have on file is my P.O Box and they just sent me a letter a few months ago to my P.O Box and the address they just sent it to they didn't get that. from me so where did they get it i really wanna. know

1 comment
E
Apr 12, 2022 6:14 am

Omg this happened to me. I was living in PA and they were taking. Money out of my check from my job in PA yet they sent my court letter to my ex boyfriends house who did not tell me about the letter. My ex called me the day before court to ask if I was going. I had no way to get to Florida so I have a warrant

11:26 pm

Florida Department of Revenue - no due process, wrongful child support

First off, I have my son living with me and his mother has been getting child support from me just because she told the department of child support enforcement that she has our son. I have had them confirm he has been living with me in the past and they did confirm it. Yet, they still charge me and do nothing to stop it or to correct it. They have never followed the due process that the title 4d requires them to do. They are supposedly a state agency yet they are a for profit Corporation. You cannot be both, only one or the other. This madness must stop! Other states are being sued under a class action lawsuit, why not Florida Department of revenue? I don't have thousands of dollars to pay a lawyer and the courts, so where is the Justice? That's right, there isn't any. So how do we get this fixed before it escalates? Why am I paying child support to someone who doesn't help with raising our son? I'm paying both ways. She should be the one paying.

C
10:55 am

Florida Department of Revenue - new additional information requirement

Why was this new requirement approved? This is ridiculous. It is all information that FLDOR should have access to. You want the taxpayers to have to spend more money. Now they will have to pay additional fees to their accountants to fill out this ridiculousness AND if they don't you will fine them an insanely high amount so that FLDOR can make money. Please look into having this new requirement removed.

R
2:02 pm

Florida Department of Revenue - child support fax confirmation and information lost

I am new to Kissimmee, Florida from Philadelphia, PA and had to submit my child support information to continue my benefits. I faxed them over on 9/30/2019 at my local UPS store to the fax number 407-425-0239. I did a chat live in there website and the person stated they didn't receive it. I would like to file a complaint in reference to this being as though my paperwork was due 10/13/2019.

T
9:56 am

Florida Department of Revenue - child support

My name is Kevin Brim case# 1349297518 I was ordered to pay support in 2010 for my youngest daughter Sara Brim of $622 a month until her 18th birthday 9/10/19. I was also ordered to pay arrears for my oldest daughter Rene Brim 5/7/90 in 2010 after she turned 18 and no longer lived with her mother of $78 a month until paid. It was ordered because the hearing officer stated in open court he had never seen a case like mine so I should just pay it. I have willingly paid it and done everything I am supposed to. So inJuly I go to the local child support office confirming as of Sara's 18th birthday I am only responsible for $78 a month. Her 18th birthday comes my employer is sent a new income deduction of $78 until yesterday where my employer is sent another one stating $700 a month. How is that correct or fair? Im being told now that someone reviewed my case and determined since I have been paying $700 a month I can continue until arrears paid. Absolutely not my court order states $78 which actually should have never even been ordered but the hearing officer didn't know what to do. Great for me right you can even see in paperwork filed I paid everything up until and after my oldest daughter turned 18 then I sent the lesser amount. I am a hardworking parent who has done everything I can for my kids but when is enough enough. All I keep getting told is because you have been paying $700 you can continue I paid because I had to not because I am rich I am a plumber. Im just asking since I am ordered to pay for it to be the $78 a month for arrears that's what the court order states and should be applied. I also shouldn't have been lied to by the local office and told after she turned 18 it would ONLY be $78 if that wasn't the case. Who reviews these cases and determines if a court order should be used or not? Mine was clearly disregarded. Whats the point of an order if child support just makes their own decisions. Again I have another child my ex is remarried she works he collects disability and my daughter quit school. I tried to resolve with child support but was told nope your case was reviewed everyone gets reviewed and you can continue to pay $700. Where are my rights? Whats fair is fair and this definitely hasn't been for many years.

A
1:31 pm

Florida Department of Revenue - online chat option

hi i have to try to use the online chat option because i am at work during your hours and it is ridiculous to try to do this 15 to 20 times before or if it works after all of the trouble. you have to put all of your information in and the it tells you that you are in line and it'll be 15 mins or what ever then boom session ended and timed out. really i have only been waiting for 30 secs or maybe 5 mins and then boom timed out. it is so terrible you guys really need to fix it, plus give people an option online to make a complaint on your website so that you can know you have major issues. Friday i spent 2 hours dealing with your chat before finally being able to get through on the phone which kept telling me to call back. you really need to improve guys. we are way to advanced for this type of old tech.

Update by ash143
Sep 23, 2019 1:32 pm

please fix this it will help both parents out and keep a lot of stress down

10:21 am

Florida Department of Revenue - Homestead taken from me

I'm legally blind since 2012, 68 yrs old, also suffer a walking disability. This is very hard for me to type but I'm trying to save my home. If you look at my property tax record you will find I just always paid my taxes on time. My son lives with me, but works full time at the Okeechobee Sheriff's dept & does have a life of his own. M life has changed since I have become legally blind in 2012. Okeechobee co property appraiser Bandi is holding a lien against my home from 2012 to 2016 his reasoning is I never lived there I abandoned this property. He has already extorted monies out of me for 2017 & 2018 stated I had to pay the differences from having homestead to not having homestead. Now I have to pay the same differences again from 2012 to 2016. Since being blind my life has completely changed. I stay with a friend who is also a senior at least 60% but I always return to me home every month. Apparently Bandi does like it because I get not all, but some of my mail at a different address. I have a Fla DL for strictly ID purposes & Okeechobee voter reg card. I think what started this is when Fla motor vehicle renewed my license in 2013 I ask them to place my Okeechobee address on my license renew but mail to a Sebring address. Well when I received my renew it was wrong, they placed the Sebring address on it. I called them right away they looked up the record seen they made a mistake & corrected it while I was on the phone with them within several days I had the correct address of Okeechobee on my license. Bandi shows me no proof that I do not live there as my primary residence. I was under the impression I did mot have to live there 24/7. You can find me there every month but I come & go sometime staying several days or a week or so then I'm on the road again since my senior friend takes me shopping, doctor visits, going out to dinner. I need this investigated, Bandi took my friend Sherry Watkins homestead, but when Ms. Watkins confronted him he gave it back to her. I have done nothing wrong, but I have no choice Bandi has given me. I have contacted ACLU, Channel 5 WPTV, & the ADA at this writing & will contact also the Fed Justice dept if someone can not look into this. It seems like all I get is a brush off. I have broke no laws. Michelle Compeau, 863 655-1792 or 863 381-0981

J
7:08 pm

Florida Department of Revenue - child support review taking forever extending over ending period

Back in 2017, I have filed a motion to review child support payment since I had lost all kind of income. During the whole year, I had to files numerous times because the local orlando office would "loose" the paperwork. It was until I was able to reach a top agency manager in tallahasee that I was able to file. They claim that the review would only take 6 months, but guess what? They are supposed to serve the other parent, but because she is a woman the department would not enforce it. Now, if it would have be for me I would have been in jail already. The child support ends in october and as of today I have heard nothing. They are enforcing payments, now, I want to request the department to relase my passport since it has been your negligence that we are on this situation. Now, would I get reimbursed for the time that I was supposed to be paying lower amount? The department had already calculated the amount or do I need to sue the department for that?

11:47 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

It was brought to my attention that VRBO has been paying the taxes on my rental condo and I have also been paying the taxes on my rental condo. I submitted my receipts along with VRBO spreadsheet showing the rentals. Jane Okoye was assigned as the auditor. Now she want "journals" and all kinds of other stuff. Your dept should have all these records. At...

B
9:07 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

As a custodial parent, there was an IRS offset levied against the non-custodial parent. Those funds were collected back on May 9th. It is now August 19th and the Department of Revenue has Collected those funds which have been ACCRUING INTEREST sitting in escrow accounts and HAVE Yet to be disbursed. This is TOTALLY UNFAIR, UNJUST, & UNLAWFUL!!! Thi...

V
11:47 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The store I'm writing about is called A&M smoke shop they do not charge sales tax at their store and I think it's unfair to the rest of us in the industry that are forced to charge sales tax and pay sales tax every month that they are allowed to get away with that. We have customers that come in our store and say they don't charge us tax at A& M smoke shop...

7:32 pm

Florida Department of Revenue - service / getting child support

I have filed 2 times for child support for my youngest child... And both times with full name... His address.. His moms address also as a backup. His birthdate... And the fact he pays support in another state... They cant locate him.

I dont have a ssn number and he always works under the table.

How does one get help supporting their child... All because a dad cant be located.
What else can be done.

G
2:42 pm

Florida Department of Revenue - child support services

I (Gabrielle Lawrence) have been trying to obtain child support since before the above date. I have been denied numerous times also for this, I have been asking for the reason why I have been denied and they simply say they can not serve due to him not being at address gave other addresses he uses and he is also a corrections officer so he is a state of fl employee and other employees that work with him have been served at work as well.

3:57 pm

Florida Department of Revenue - florida department of child support/ revenue

Florida child support Office, FL department of Revune & marion County Clerk of court all are terrible ! They do not care about the children needs of support from both parents & they don't enforce shit.
They purposely hang up on you, dont return calls and end video chats ! Every body complains about ppl being on food stamps well maybe if they actually enforced the so called rules/guidelines they have then maybe so many ppl wouldn't need help. Also child support hearing officer in court is joke has no say in shit they just make recommendations and the judges don't give a shit, they never look up an there just like next. Also fl child support office has been in trouble over years for taking/losing ppls money so keep a watchful eye on ur stuff .. The child support office / department of revenue hurt families in long run cuz they are only in this for the kick backs and don't care about our children and they forget it took 2 parents to make um and should take 2 parents to take care of them . the child support office should be for the children not for themselves. For yrs they have had horrible and Despicable reviews yet the state of Florida refuses to change or to do anything that betters the system for our children so their needs can finally be met by both parents. The state of Florida would rather ignore the problem and brush it under the rug or make up some bullshit website but still doesn't fix the problem nor is it a solution. The whole child support office & way it works including Department of revenue along with courts need a big wake-up call, and work together for children and actually get shit done and get it done quickly! Florida is one State that brings in tons of money every yr they could put some of that towards fixing the child support system ! Florida child support Sucks & So does Florida department of revenue ..

C
9:09 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Me and my husbands tax refund was offset due to arrears building up on him from a case that I didn't even know was ongoing and building up and I had already moved from Florida, after terminating the order and forgiving arrears, they've held our funds for 4 months and I've expressed financial hardship and visited the local office, my husband owes nothing to the state and my children and I are in need

Florida Department of Revenue contacts