FlightNetwork.comunable to cancel inbound ticket via flightnetwork

S Oct 21, 2019 Review updated:

Dear Sir / Madam

My name is Suresh Kunjuraman. I am Malaysian but working in Al Ula, Saudi Arabia. My Flight Network booking ID is: 8340150 and the Flight Confirmation number is : MGBVC0. On 8th Oct, I booked a flight from Riyadh to Kuala Lumpur for departure on 27th Oct and the return journey from New Delhi to Riyadh on 9th Oct via Oman Air. I also purchased A Trip Cancellation Proctetion for 61.68 EUR. The only reason I booked via Oman Air for return is because I also have a connected flight from Riyadh to Al Ula at 18.30pm. And the original arriving time from Delhi - Muscat - Riyadh was about at 15.55 pm. Hence, it is an ideal trip.

But on 16th Oct, I received an email from FlightNetwork citing that the arrival time from Muscat to Riyadh is changed from 15.55 pm to 20.20. Obviously, this arrival time is not suitable to me since the connecting flight from Riyadh is at 18.30. They also gave me another option for an arrival to Riyadh on the following day which is 10th Nov. Since both options does not suit me, I responded to their email immediately requesting them to cancel the Delhi - Muscat - Riyadh flight. They responded saying that it is not possible to cancel 1 way and I should cancel both outbound in inbound. On 16th Oct, I emailed them saying that if it is not viable to cancel the inbound flight, I would prefer to cancel both outbound and inbound trips and requested a refund. They responded on the same day stating that they need to write to Oman Air to cancel the ticket. Thereafter, I sent 2 emails for which I did not get a response. On 21st Oct ( today), I received an email from FlightNetwork's Schedule Change Specialist citing that the airline replied to them stating, refund is not permitted only one date change is permitted. As I am left with no choice, I responded saying it does not matter of the return journey since I am left with no other choice then booking another flight to return to Riyadh on 9th Nov to board the connecting flight to Al Ula. I failed to understand of despite getting the so called Trip cancellation Protection which carries no value, I am on total lost.

Please assist to cancel the inbound ticket from Delhi - Muscat - Riyadh on 9th Nov via Oman Air 681. Thanks

Regards

Suresh Kunjuraman
email: [protected]@yahoo.com
Tel: 00966 [protected] ( Saudi Arabia)

• Updated by suh21 · Oct 21, 2019

Is it not possible to cancel the inbound ticket since both the options does not suit me?

• Updated by suh21 · Oct 21, 2019

Noted. on the Trip Cancellation Protection. But is not possible to cancel the inbound ticket from New Delhi - Muscat - Riyadh on 9th Nov, since I will miss the connection flight from Riyadh to Al Ula with both provided options since the connection flight is on 9th Nov at 18.30

•   Oct 21, 2019

Hi Suresh, trip cancellation protection does not cover the common, standard occurrence of small changes to flight plans. As has already been told to you, you can change the date of the flight. I hope this clears things up!

• S
      Oct 21, 2019

@DeAndre Washington Noted on the trip Cancellation Protection.
    But is it not possible to cancel the inbound ticket from New Delhi - Muscat - Riyadh on 9th Nov. The connection flight from Riyadh to Al Ula is at 18.30 on 9th Nov and both the options provided does not suit me.