Flagship Resort / Interval InternationalVacation ownership scam

At a NJ winery I entered a vacation contest. I got notified via phone and e-mail that I won in Atlantic City four free airline tickets and if I arrived at Flagship Resort by Sun. I would also get much more bonus gifts: two free buffet meals, two free show tickets, outlet mall coupons and free two night mini-vacation. Well in order to get the free package I scheduled an appointment at the Flagship Resort on Sept. 2013 that was supposed to last 2-3 hours.
I arrived at the Flagship, FantaSea Resorts, got greeted cordially and met with a real estate agent. I got told about a "vacation ownership" platinum plan from Interval International that was a fee simple ownership that was not supposed to be a timeshare. The agent also said that the Flagship Resort was the only place in Atlantic City offering a "vacation ownership". Well the real estate agent was lying because he was describing a timeshare with a lifelong plan you could have others inherit. The agent also lied because Atlantic City has other timeshares at multiple hotels. The agent said that 51 people shared "vacation ownership" of a unit. The platinum maintenance fee was $671/year, another fee $89/year but you only paid $350/week for vacating each time you scheduled a hotel visit up to twelve times a year. The real estate agent first said a platinum membership cost $5, 995. The real estate agent waived the membership and quoted $23, 000 cost to buy the plan. When I said too expensive he quoted $15, 000, I complained and he quoted a different one week vacation plan at $9, 000 then lowered it to $8, 000. If you figured out the math with 51 timeshare owners of a unit the Flagship Resort got paid approximately 1 million dollars from selling a unit.
I said no to the realtor, and then walked to get my free bonus gifts. I got greeted by a supervisor who explained another RCI plan with no fees, a trial membership with one week vacation costing $1200 and each vacation hotel day costing $100 daily. At this time five 1/2 hours had passed with my listening to this real estate scheme and I couldn't wait to leave and felt that the whole thing was a scam.
The real estate agent was pressuring me to made a decision that day or lose the deal. I was never shown a contract in writing and only got told lots of BS.
I drove home and went online researching complaints about Interval International and RCI. Boy did I read lots of complaints; i.e. difficulty reserving timeshares, hidden fees, people regretting that they signed up for the timeshare, difficulty selling them, etc.. I am so happy that I didn't get conned.
My advise is if you hear about winning a prize in Atlantic City of four free airline tickets say that you are not interested and don't go to find out.