Fixya.comZero support after they took my $

I am having trouble with my Motorola V9m, so I googled to find if others have had problems. Up popped fixya.com, promising to offer "expert advice." I entered my query, and paid $9.95 for what I thought would be fast response from at least one, possibly several "expert opinions." I received one question, which I answered within minutes. Since then -- silence. Buyer Beware.

sajkfhaksjfh Oct 11, 2010

Fixya.com is so worthless. I wonder why, whenever I use a search engine to find information, that stupid site is there with the first 10-15 results. Why is that?
    There is never any information on that site regarding my search so why am I getting results to it?

This kind of search engine link farming should be punished and all results removed.

• Db
    dbake May 19, 2010

I also was dropped after they took 29.99 from me (I was supposed to be charged 9.99 per month after my 7 day "free" trial) Contacted them for an explanation, waited 72 hours for response. 6 days later-nothing! Also, my problem was not fixed. The tech offered me a solution, it didn't work-when I emailed back--nothing. SCAM!

• Wi
    williamson jimmy Apr 16, 2010

I was never able to ask a person my question because no one was available.
    as soon as you got my 19.99 i was dropped like i was a hot potato.
    Please refund my money to my credit card. Invoice # 175363 dated april 15th, 2010
    11:48.31 am. thank you
    jimmy williamson

• Sc
    scaife d r Apr 06, 2010

would not answer question

• Sc
    scaife d r Apr 06, 2010

hi how do i cancel my acount from fixya [email protected]

• Si
    six4me72 Feb 01, 2010

we cannot get onto the site with the password and user name as well... i would like to know how to stop it before the take money out of my account ... the address they supply to cancel you cannot get there... now i need help in keeping this company from getting money from me and they never did answer my question...

• Ca
    Canuck0909 Sep 03, 2009

My experience with a problem has yielded NO results and some pretty stupid and sophomoric recommendations. Clearly the "advisors" in general have no real experience or product knowledge. Their service is very poor and the advice offered of no real value. Save your money and look elsewhere!

charteredengineer Jun 05, 2009

why they expect experts to come to their house, 10.000 miles away and repair for free a black box and then get kicked. Like hey, cell phones are throw-aways no matter what price category. Would I try to solder that the bill would be 10x a new phone. Next time just put up a free question and get this free sound advice from a lot of experts.

you expect miracles that don't happen. Come with a 1000 phones on a pallet then we might talk.

One expert advice like outside FIXYA shopping repair centers, same risk, same problem but there it costs always and it is your part of the deal to choose where to buy or let it repair.

Most of FIXYA service is for free trying to help the down and out or totally unknowledgable. You want priority devotion, you pay.
    Time is spent on you. 99% of the time experts devote their advice for free.

only 10% thank you's, 40% don't even read their answers.
    10% want social contacts and only chat (yep), 5% abusers.

Some of the worlds best mechanics, technicians and engineers operate on FIXYA for fun. We also have lesser gods. And some problems can't be solved from the distance and although clarification is asked, more question marks come back and we drive on. 30/day is an average

• Fi
    fixya0000 May 11, 2009

What a idiot he gave his credit card number for everyone to see, god what a yope!!

Janice Cosper Mar 25, 2009

very bad

Janice Cosper Mar 25, 2009

I was charged 19.99 for a pproblem the guy said I could personally fix. He then proceeded to tell me that I would have to remove the front panel and another part. Being very carefull because everything inside was so vreakable. I would then to have a soldering iron. That the part was almost impossable to find. I am not a t.v. repair man and most people do not need to know how or what to weld. I get email from you telling me that our conversation ended for some reason, Do I want to reconnect. The guy on the phone said better buy a new one. he hung up then. Janice Cosper 610 Spring Drive Sylacauga, Al.35150
    [email protected] I need a refund on my credit card.
    User name jcdc password D3eed never got an invoice number.

• Ti
    timothy gonzales Dec 04, 2008

I was charged $9.99 on my cdedit card for something I did not order.
    please credit my account which was done on 11/07/08.
    card #[protected].
    please cancel this account immediatly.

• As
    Aston Nov 27, 2008

If you apply for premium support is it a one off charge?

• Le
    leland keith Nov 02, 2008

I am unable to establish contact with FixYa.com. I had set up contact some time ago using leekeith, but I forgot my password. A new password was supplied to me (0B9B443A) and both nickname and new password are reported to be INVALID.

What do I do now?

• Al
    Alex Jul 10, 2008

Fixya has a 100% money back guarantee. Just write an email to [email protected] and we'll gladly refund your money.

The FixYa team.