Fixya.comRefusing to pay registered experts

F

I'm only going to share the details of my experience with fixya.com consulting services and not my opinion. Fixya keeps a daily record of how much money is earned by its experts located on the account activity page of each experts profile. At the experts desire, they may quickly see how much money is gained from one day to the next day. Before joining the fixya consulting team, I understood according to the expert agreement I could provide either free or charged fees advice. Fixya sent me documentation that I would not be paid till after 60 days of continued supp0rt. At this time, I have 110 days of support with the company and have not seen a single penny in my account. I send emails, mail correspondence, phone calls, and the company states that I never existed as providing support on their site. Needless to say, I kept daily print outs of each problem solved. I solved over 1500 paid and none paid questions. Fixya charged each customer an average of 5 dollars per question so that means they charged 1500x5 = $7, 500 to paying customers and never sent me a dime for my work. I have proof of the work I did as I already know they actively delete expert accounts and simply state they never worked for fixya. I have teamed up with 10 other experts who have experienced the same issue with the company for a combined lawsuit. Should you wish to join, simply google this message on the web.
Thanks Fixya, your honesty is very much appreciated!

RESOLVED

• Go
    gopakumaarg43 Aug 05, 2012

I disagree with statement, that Fixya do not pay to their experts. It might be right, that at present, they have stopped all the paid problems. I'm from India, and I've been Fixyas' premium experts list, and was able to earn more than $3000 within 11 months just before they have turned the site a free one. I did get all my earnings directly to my bank account here, within the 4th working day of every month. They have opened an account in my name with Payoneer, and will transfer all my earnings monthly to my account with Payoneer, and within 24 hours, Payoneer will send it to my bank account here, and I did withdraw it by any ATM in India, and I did. I've got an earnings, not less than $250 every month since September 2011. So never blame this company. it is a very trusted one. Even now, I'm working with them, in nickname Gopakumarg43. OK.

• Jr
    Jryc Sep 29, 2011

WOW
    - basejumper12
    - grandslam43
    - johnnybeblack

You really got tore up here!!! I guess you won't be posting anything else like this here anymore...

FixYa Expert May 04, 2011

I should add to the above that you have to maintain 80% or better in ratings to get and or maintain a badge.

FixYa Expert May 04, 2011

Liars like the person who started this complaint up top are really a bottom feeders looking for something for nothing. I read every one of these complaint boards in regards to FixYa before going over and trying FixYa. So now my experience. No regrets what so ever and I encourage anyone who wants to help others and make some cash while at it to go over to FixYa.com and get started. The rules are clear. So when you click the little "agree" box make sure you agree to the terms. There are many areas you can choose to provide solutions in from health and beauty to mechanics. So I signed up to the FixYa sight and started answering the required free questions. Some may say "why should I work for free" well outside of the fact that is part of the rules why should FixYa pay someone when they know nothing about them? Once you answer a few questions in a certain area you get a badge. Once you gain a badge you can apply for Expert status and start answering premium questions. If your a jagoff that answers questions with try Goggling "x.." you won't get far. So it took about a week of answering free questions thoroughly and accurately and I received a badge. I applied for Expert status and 4 days later was approved. As with any site questions arise. I have received a helpful response to every questions I asked from both the [email protected] e-mail and Lauren. Fast forward 6 weeks from the first day I offered a solution on FixYa, paycheck. No hangups and it was what it was suppose to be. And I am still offering solutions and still earning money. So this is my experience with FixYa.

Mike2112 Feb 06, 2011

@Fixya Premium Support,

This persons had the following accounts:
    - basejumper12
    - grandslam43
    - johnnybeblack

Suggest you read the rebuttals associated with this complaint and/or get Lauren to fill you in. She is fully cognizant of this persons activity (or lack thereof).

FixYa Support Feb 06, 2011

We are always willing to assist you. Please contact [email protected] so that we can look into the matter and resolve it.
    Please send as much information as you can.

Mike2112 Feb 03, 2011

When I first read this report, I believed this person to have made an erroneous assumption on the way things at Fixya worked. While that may be true, I did show professional courtesy by trusting that he had indeed made a large investment in time without anything to show for it.

My mistake. One I won't repeat.

He claims to have supplied 1, 500+ solutions.

He claims an investment of 110 days supplying said solutions.

I could say that these are exaggerations, but that would be stretching the truth. Something these numbers have nothing in common with.

How about 112 solutions.

How about 1 day. That is one twenty-four hour stretch

Unlike the author, I am going to cite my sources

His username is Basejumper12. Have a look. See for yourself.

Member since Jan. 2011.

Since today is February 3rd 2011, I think we can safely consider the 110 days he mentions to be fiction.

112 Problems Solved.

There goes the 1, 500 solutions he claimed, fiction.

If you check his first solution and his last solution for when they were posted, they differ by a single day. Confirming the 110 days to actually be one day. Another false statement, fiction.

As stated, one has to apply for and be granted premium access before any money can be earned. A process that can take two weeks or more (there is a backlog).

It is not possible this person had premium access before his single day of answering questions had come to a close.

It is therefore not possible that this person ever laid eyes on a premium, much less answered it.

It is therefore not possible that this person earned a dime at Fixya. As far as his claims that Fixya refuses to pay registered experts, they are totally without merit. Fixya owes him nothing.

This person admits he received documentation that he would not be paid until after 60 days of continued support.

Yet this persons account was active for less than three days before he began with the groundless accusations. They started in the Fixya lounge

Comment by basejumper12

January 28, 2011 11:31 am

FIXYA.COM IS A RIP OFF AND THEY ARE ALL OVER [redacted].COM SEARCH FOR YOURSELF. THEY DON'T PAY! CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS AND GET ALL THE MONEY YOU HAVE COMING QUICK BEFORE THEY DONT GIVE IT TO YOU...

Then he created at least two more accounts. An act that violates the the Fixya terms of service. The user names are grandslam43 and johnnybeblack. How do I know they are the same person? He used them each to post the following:

Comment by grandslam43

February 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Thanks Fixya, your honesty is very much appreciated

Look familiar?

He then posted here and on [redacted]s

I don't pretend to know what sort of entitlement issues are at play or what this person is trying to accomplish by posting such easily refutable statements as fact, nor do I care.

I believe I have proven his claims to be groundless, his word to be worthless and sufficiently discredited him to the point where any further statements made should be considered false until proven otherwise.

If he posts at all the only acceptable content is a retraction of his false allegations, an extremely humble apology followed by a long silence while fading into obscurity.

I appreciate the opportunity this site provided in allowing me to set the record straight

Mike2112 Feb 01, 2011

Let's see...

(OK. Again, let's see)

(The records are monthly, updated several times a day. But, yes your meaning is understood.)

(Yes, the cumulative totals.)

(There are free question and there are premium questions. You must qualify for premium access before you are able to answer the paid questions. This statement is true only after you have been granted premium status)

(Once you are answering premium questions, if they get accepted, the amount you earn begins to accumulate. Once that amount totals $50.00 or greater for a month, you get paid that amount the following month. So you will likely not be paid until after 60 days of continued 'Premium' support)

(Have you applied for and been granted premium status?)

(Support or Premium support?)

Needless to say, I kept daily print outs of each problem solved.

(Yet, you needed to say it.)

I solved over 1500 paid and none paid questions.

(Only the paid questions count. How many of those?)

(I believe you have strayed back to opinion-land on the $5.00/question. Cite your source. Your calculations are based on conjecture)

(While you may have proof of the work you have done, once again you have made a statement of fact without proof to back it up. Therefore it is reduced in rank to opinion.)

(That's special. Is class action the term you were looking for?)

Should you wish to join, simply google this message on the web.

(Pass)

Thanks Fixya, your honesty is very much appreciated

(Did you actually read the FAQ's ? Should an Attorney actually accept your case, I wouldn't waste too many resources on what is sure to be a sizable retainer followed shortly thereafter by an even more sizable sense of disappointment. But good luck to you...)

fixya48 Feb 01, 2011

I would never give my time that fixya dot com, they are the most dishonest company I have ever come into contact with.