Fitness 19dishonest!

When I got pregnant, I wanted to hold up my membership, but they told me to pay $5 a month to keep the membership or I have to pay another initiation fee when I come back. I decided to pay the fee every month to keep the membership and one day I stopped by there and said I want to hold my membership from this month. A man who seemed to be the manager said "OK, " but next month I was charged more than $5. I called them and they made me talk to the new manager. She said they just changed their management but she didn't get any note from the previous manager saying that I'm pregnant. I told her that I gave him the verification of pregnancy and he said "OK." But she said according to the policy I need to give them a doctor's note, not a verification of pregnancy. I refused to do that because I already got the approval from their staff even though he's not working anymore. Next day I called again and she told me she talked to the previous manager but he said he didn't say "OK" to me. He lied! I went to the club myself and asked to talk to the staff who was there when I was talking to the previous manager, but they wouldn't let me. Very dishonest and unprofessional!

• Co
    corporate44 Sep 23, 2011

The Fitness 19 owner at the Colorado Springs Stetson Hills location is a liar and a scam artist, too. They are cheap because their level of professionalism is zero. I went in to cancel my membership. During our discussion he tried to tell me I was a liar about 3 different things. Out of those 3 things documentation existed for 2. When records were pulled what I was saying was confirmed as truth. Go figure. Consumer beware. Spend a little extra to join a decent gym with integrity.