Fitness 19cleanliness

M Dec 06, 2018

Date of incident 12/5/2018

I joined the gym 2 weeks ago for a black friday deal because it's the best price in howard county. Its the fitness 19 in elkridge, MD. I didn't tour the gym before purchase because of the great reviews. First, I walk in and there was no one at the front desk. I hadn't gotten my membership card yet so I needed help. I wasn't too upset about that but I do have a 3 year old. My first thought was that I WOULD NOT be bringing him to the child center. Not having someone up front scanning people in is a huge liability and safety concern while there are children there.

I work at a gym and have been a gym goer for years so I have been to many. This being said, the cleanliness of the cardio equipment is appalling and unacceptable. Employees are paid to work at your facility and members are paying to use your facilities. I don't understand how they are not cleaning the equipment every day if not multiple times a day. There was grime and dirt along the bottom of all treadmills and ellipticals. I was very grossed out and I am 100% contemplating canceling my membership and joining another gym. The price is great which is why you would have many more members if you just cared for and cleaned the gym equipment. If you need pictures I can send those as well. A simple phone call to check in could fix this problem or replacement of management staff. Thank you for your time.