Fitness 19bad service

I signed up for a new gym membership with Fitness 19 on June 7, 2008. I was told that my initial membership costs would include a one-time activation fee of $49 and the first and last month's dues at $17 per month, bringing the total to $83. All dues thereafter would be $17 per month. My contract stated that I would be charged on the 15th of each month. However, when my first credit card bill arrived, I was charged $100 (The $83 initial costs plus the next month's dues of $17). After analyzing the situation, I determined that my dues for the first "month" were actually for only 8 days, not a whole month. Basically what happened is they charged me $83 on June 7, $49 for my activation fee and $17 per month for what they told me was my first and last month's dues when in reality the first month was only 8 days from June 7-14. Then I was charged another $17 on June 15 for the next month, bringing the total on my credit card bill to $100. I am disappointed that they misled me like that. They should have been honest with me and claimed that the first "month" would only be 8 days or until the 15th of the month, or they should have charged for the next month's dues 30 days after June 7 when I signed up. Charging me on the 15th of each month doesn't make sense because if that's how they do it, then all new members should sign up on the 16th of each month to get the full month for the dues they pay and wouldn't it make more sense to charge on 30 days increments from the date each new member signs up? It is fairest to the customer that way. That is my main complaint.

• Ff
    FFresno May 23, 2009

Fitness 19 is no better in Fresno, California. I cancelled my membership because it was my seocnd gym, and I never used it. That was months ago. I just received a letter from a collection agency for $106. When I called, the weekend sales manager was the only one there. He told me that it usually meant that I should have paid for the last month and they were collecting for that. I have no intention of paying the amound and want to warn everyone else to stay away from Fitness 19.

• Dl
    dlowery12 Sep 25, 2009

i currently work for them now and yeah...everything is completelty true 100% im a slave working 70+ hrs a week at minimum salary expected to give my life...for MINIMUM SALARY, with no say so in any direction --- which would make one non-exempt - RIGHT? its a pyramid scheme and they're all liers - they might as well work for wall street

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices