First Data Merchant ServicesI hope no one uses this company

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Tr
    TRACY MCKAY Mar 09, 2009

PLEASE DO NOT USE FIRST DATA MERCHANT SERVICES BECASUE YOU MAY NOT EVER GET YOUR MONEY FROM ALL THE CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS. THEIR SERVICE IS THE WORST I HAVE ENCOUNTERED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

cheriindenver Feb 11, 2009

First Data is basically a legal criminal business. I just found out that they are holding my funds in "risk management" while they review my account. What the heck are they reviewing it for? They won't even tell me. In the meantime, my deposits are not going into my bank account and checks are starting to bounce. They cannot tell me why they're holding it or when my funds will be released. They are holding MY money hostage and there's nothing I can do about it. Attempts to get answers from supervisors in both customer service and risk management have left me wondering how they got their jobs. They were snotty, short, and basically told me that they are not willing to help me. How can they do this? Maybe we all should have learned something from the Frontier Airlines debacle. They don't see any problem with putting an airline out of business, so why would they care about a small business like mine?

• Pa
    Patrick Nov 05, 2008

I totally agree -- First Data sucks. Their business practices border on the criminal.

We were with them for years, and that was several years too long. If you do go with them, I STRONGLY URGE you to READ THE ENTIRE CONTRACT before you sign. There are many "gotchas" that they put in there, like fees and fees up the butt, power to dock your account for whatever reason they want, a minimum contract period (you have to pay fees for the entire period even if you cancel early), etc etc. Their excuse is that "everyone does this". Well, no, not everyone does. You can do much better than these guys.

Good support from their sales reps? Ha! I've found them to be quite snotty. God help you if you have a grievance -- you will never win. They are always correct, and you are always wrong.

But don't take my word for it. READ THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT and judge for yourself.

Sarah Bradford Jun 12, 2008

First Data, although it is very easy to comment on the problems I have had associated with any company I do business with especially in this day & age .- First Data is not one of them. I suppose that is partially because of the honesty & support I rec'd from one of their Sales Reps. Just like any business venture I proceed with, any task presented, I am always only good as the information I get and in my case, my represenative from First Data(Direct, not their affiliates) gave me what I asked for. Good and fair credit card processing rates and good service.

• En
    enter May 19, 2008

Oh and the Kohlberg, Kravis, Roberts and Co purchase has nothing to do with the poor service it has been happening for a long time. Type in "Paymentech Suck" on Google and check out Brad Fullion article. God I hate them.

• En
    enter May 19, 2008

I can not agree with you more. I had similar experience with First Data and have nightmares ever since. The way the handle their customer is a wonder how they can stay in business. Just spread the news about these people (they also own Paymentech) and hope no one else sign up with them. Though out my experience with them they have never been transparent to me, the have out right lied to me at least a dozen time, trying to manipulate me. If you are dealing with these criminals, take your money and put it into another account the minute you receive it. They have a habit to treating your bank account like their personal account. Best Luck to you. I really hope for better regulations and standard in this industry. Full of rip offs by the big processor, they treat you like you are priviledge to be using their service.